Author Topic: [GB] budget96 - Extras Available  (Read 158105 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [GB] budget96 - Waiting for PayPal to do stuff
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 14:48:36 »
I bet u stepped on a loose switch. Those kill. Nice to see weregetting stuff soon.

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 15:59:58 »
Sucks about the PayPal bit, but at least there's closure on that, if nothing else...

Glad to hear that they're working their way out the door!
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 07:54:03 »
Hey all, if anyone's interested in trying out QMK for this board, we got it in!

https://config.qmk.fm/#/donutcables/budget96/LAYOUT_96_ansi

Offline Lbibass

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 08:17:31 »
I wasn't a part of this GB, but MAN that sucks. I am really sorry about everything that went down with you and paypal.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 17:10:53 »
Hey all, if anyone's interested in trying out QMK for this board, we got it in!

https://config.qmk.fm/#/donutcables/budget96/LAYOUT_96_ansi

Awesome, man. I’ll be running qmk with some soy sauce lubed holy mint pandas

Offline LogicBomb

• Beige Enthusiast
« Reply #305 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 10:34:50 »
This was a fun build!

-Vintage MX Blacks
-Cherry Doubleshot
-Originative CMYW

Just need to get a 1u Windows or Cherry key for bottom left.

Thanks Donut!
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 April 2019, 11:53:40 by LogicBomb »

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 00:13:51 »
Sorry for another small lapse in communication, currently I've been dealing with a recurring foot injury since around Saturday night with no signs of it letting up. At good times I have to hobble around my room putting minimal weight on my foot, at bad times all I can do is sit and concentrate on breathing while contemplating the benefits of cutting my foot off. Hopefully this will ease up before the end of the week and I can try getting some orders out.

As it sits, a little bit of good-ish news, a little bit of bad. Bad news first: PayPal gave a final denial on the disputes, refusing to deal with them further and leaving my business account in the red. This does mean I have no funds for my intended partial refunds for the PCBs, but at least I can still continue on shipping orders through my personal account. For the good-ish news, no one else has contacted me to report an issue with their orders, and looking at the information for the two orders that were in question, they were processed through the same facilities for part of their journey, so I believe it may be coincidence and handling that they experienced the issues that they did. Regardless, I'll still be packaging orders using the "updated" method in order to still minimize future issues.
Does this mean those of us that paid our shipping invoice and still haven’t received any shipping info will be receiving that soon?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 12:05:11 »
Does this mean those of us that paid our shipping invoice and still haven’t received any shipping info will be receiving that soon?

Yes, they're just going out in slightly smaller batches for the time being to make sure I've got the issue nailed down. Soon as I see that this previous batch encountered no issues I can get the rest sitting here out and then move to packing new ones once I can stand long enough to pack them.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 14:41:12 »
is there any way someone can spill the beans on what issues are going on in shipping? :O

Offline severin

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 16:07:25 »
i'm really happy this is moving forward. i guess EU orders will be invoiced/shipped after the US ones?

Offline bowlerjosh

• Bowl On
« Reply #310 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 14:55:41 »
Any update on the next batch to be shipped out?
Looking forward to getting mine soon as my other board is currently borked so I'm using someone's old magiforce.  I really need my hako trues back!

Offline avalancheattack

« Reply #311 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 02:11:00 »
Hey I'm seeing a lot of comments about paying the shipping invoice? I've never received anything like that. I just looked up my invoice from last June and the shipping cost was listed as zero (I must have missed that shipping would be paid later?) Anyway, should I have that already or are those also going out in batches? It looks like I was order 80 if that means anything

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #312 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 14:38:19 »
Sorry for the small lapse in communication, not a lot been going on at my end. Been dealing with my foot the past couple weeks and not being able to do much other than stay off of it as much as possible which kept me from being able to handle all the bits for packing orders. As my foot no longer resembles a "potato shoved in a sock" as my brother put it, I've been up and walking around a bit though stairs are still a bit of a challenge, so I'm hoping to get back to packing orders this week with a bit of help.

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #313 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 22:37:20 »
I wasn't around when the group buy opened, but I was interested since I saw this post.  If  by any chance there are extras  available, or someone is selling, send me a message. I would prefer the base kit with black or white plates, and pcb could be any color.

Offline jamesaaronbooks

« Reply #314 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 11:20:47 »
Got my kit and it looks great. Thanks for persevering through all this Donutcat!  :thumb:

Offline magicmike

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 08:13:00 »
Wondering when the next batch of orders are going out?

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 09:53:19 »
Oh man I forgot to say "Happy Anniversary" yesterday to everyone that still haven't received their boards. 

(That includes me) :(

Offline ryanh

• Stone Carver
    • For all your memorial needs
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 14:38:00 »
Oh man I forgot to say "Happy Anniversary" yesterday to everyone that still haven't received their boards. 

(That includes me) :(

Thanks Jenny.  Someone should wish you a Happy Anniversary as well, so here it is:

Happy Anniversary

Offline SYRE

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 17:58:51 »
I wasn't around when the group buy opened, but I was interested since I saw this post.  If  by any chance there are extras  available, or someone is selling, send me a message. I would prefer the base kit with black or white plates, and pcb could be any color.

I have this 1 Black PCB, Black Plates, 1 Case Kit, 2 GMK Stab Sets ordered. But I haven't heard anything for months and months and I have enough keyboards as it is. It's yours if you want it. I paid $103.5 for it, it's yours for an even $100. I don't really know how to do this, but maybe donutcat can help us?

Offline Neodeus

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 12:30:08 »
Missed a cheap 96 /cry
I hope this gets run again!!

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 13:33:18 »
Missed a cheap 96 /cry
I hope this gets run again!!

There are probably a lot of people who want to trade their spots if you scroll up. Donut will change the shipping address if the person you're swapping asks nicely, then you and the seller work out the paypal separately.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 15:39:19 »
Since this is coming up I'll post this again for people to see.

If you find someone to buy your spot, I need the following information pm'd/emailed to me:
From the spot owner: Order number, order PayPal email, PayPal email and username(if applicable) of the buyer, confirmation that they've paid for the switchover
From the spot buyer: Order number confirmation, PayPal email and username(if applicable) of the seller, confirmation you've paid

Once I have this information from both sides I can move the order to the buyer and they'll be invoiced for shipping when I get to the order.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #322 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 22:42:35 »
My kit just arrived! Thanks Mr. Donut dude sir!  ;D

Offline MatchstickMan

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 11:31:16 »
Just got my invoice yesterday, can't wait!!
Current Projects:

Offline Muammar

« Reply #324 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 06:34:06 »
Hello sir, this kit 96 available  ?
can i buy for my first custom dude

Offline Blar

• ah.
    • Email
« Reply #325 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 09:43:23 »
Just got my invoice yesterday, can't wait!!

May I ask, what was your invoice number, so I can get an idea on when to expect mine :)
ah.

Offline MatchstickMan

« Reply #326 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 13:09:32 »
May I ask, what was your invoice number, so I can get an idea on when to expect mine :)

Looks like mine was US052.
Current Projects:

Offline johnextremesourcreme

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 12:55:37 »
have any of the eu kits gone out yet?

Offline MatchstickMan

« Reply #328 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 12:48:07 »
Mine arrived yesterday. It'll still be a couple days before I can start building though.

Thanks, donutcat, it looks great with the purple pcb!
Current Projects:

Offline Ruckistherare

« Reply #329 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 13:42:56 »
I'm still looking to sell mine, Frosted mid and hi-pro layers. I tested it and every contact+underglow works. If anyone wants to buy message me on discord (ruckistherare#0500) or on reddit (u/monkeyking6789), or here. I'm just looking to get my money back, nothing more.

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 08:38:16 »
Invoiced today :) :) :) any spare hi-pro laying around? Cant wait!!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 19:04:04 »
So excited that I finally got my board! Thanks donutcat  :thumb:

However, I'm having trouble figuring out what keymap is currently loaded on here. It's not the on in the QMK repo because Fn + Esc is not bringing me into reset.

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/donutcables/budget96/keymaps/default/keymap.c

Does anyone have any clue what the keymap is that's currently loaded on the pcb's?

From what I can tell so far:
Fn + Space = RGB_MOD
Fn + F1 = Vol Down
Fn + F2 = mute
Fn + F3 = Vol Up

Offline superuser41

« Reply #332 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 19:34:20 »

However, I'm having trouble figuring out what keymap is currently loaded on here. It's not the on in the QMK repo because Fn + Esc is not bringing me into reset.

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/donutcables/budget96/keymaps/default/keymap.c

Does anyone have any clue what the keymap is that's currently loaded on the pcb's?

Fn + Space = RGB_MOD
Fn + F1 = Vol Down
Fn + F2 = mute
Fn + F3 = Vol Up

The PCB is running bootmapper by default so use the bootmapper client to configure it unless you'd like to flash it to QMK.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #333 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 19:37:09 »

Fn + Space = RGB_MOD
Fn + F1 = Vol Down
Fn + F2 = mute
Fn + F3 = Vol Up

The PCB is running bootmapper by default so use the bootmapper client to configure it unless you'd like to flash it to QMK.

Ah, thank you. I'll give that a look.

I'd prefer to flash it to qmk, assuming what's in the repo is functional. Any idea how to get it into reset mode?

Offline superuser41

« Reply #334 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 19:42:17 »

Fn + Space = RGB_MOD
Fn + F1 = Vol Down
Fn + F2 = mute
Fn + F3 = Vol Up

I'd prefer to flash it to qmk, assuming what's in the repo is functional. Any idea how to get it into reset mode?

For bootmapper's bootloader, you need to hold the key at row 0 & column 0 while plugging the board in. On this PCB, that key is left control. If the board is running bootmapper you can also hit 'set bootloader' in the client (but once you flash to QMK you would need to use the first method, a RESET keycode in your QMK keymap, boot magic, command mode, etc.

Offline superuser41

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 19:49:53 »

Fn + Space = RGB_MOD
Fn + F1 = Vol Down
Fn + F2 = mute
Fn + F3 = Vol Up

Also be aware additional work will be necessary for the RGB underglow and the in-switch backlighting to work properly for this board in QMK. If you care about those features you may want to wait before flashing.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 15:43:23 »

Fn + Space = RGB_MOD
Fn + F1 = Vol Down
Fn + F2 = mute
Fn + F3 = Vol Up

Also be aware additional work will be necessary for the RGB underglow and the in-switch backlighting to work properly for this board in QMK. If you care about those features you may want to wait before flashing.

Thanks for letting me know. I'd really prefer to get QMK running instead of bootmapper.

Have you loaded QMK onto yours? Or do you know what other changes are necessary to get the RGB and backlighting working?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 15:54:43 »
RGB should work right now, you just can't change the modes. I'll be putting the changes in to fix it when I find the motivation to lol. It's been on my todo list.

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #338 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 12:30:17 »
Can anyone tell me the size of the screws used? Thanks!
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 15:07:13 »
Can anyone tell me the size of the screws used? Thanks!

The short ones are M3x6mm, the long ones are M3x12mm, both "phillips flat head" and you want a head diameter of greater than 5.4mm to hold well in the plates.

Other news, pending a few unpaid invoices I'm looking to finish up the US orders this coming week. After that I'll be able to move to the Canada, EU, and smattering of other countries' orders.

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 15:25:08 »
Thanks for the news, the spot I bought in the invoice says CA, I assume Canada, so that awesome news.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #341 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 17:26:16 »
Thanks for the news, the spot I bought in the invoice says CA, I assume Canada, so that awesome news.

Yes, unless you already had a spot and were buying a second one the order you bought goes out based on the original spot number, for the sake of organization and making sure orders go out when and where they need to.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 10:48:26 »
yay
I love Elzy

Offline lordchompybits

« Reply #343 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 12:47:21 »
Other news, pending a few unpaid invoices I'm looking to finish up the US orders this coming week. After that I'll be able to move to the Canada, EU, and smattering of other countries' orders.

Does this mean that I should have received an invoice for shipping already, because I have not. Invoice #:B96-US091

Edit: Just got it, thanks DonutCat
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 May 2019, 17:36:29 by lordchompybits »

Offline portbaron

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 21:16:54 »
Built up the hi-pro, working well. Never used bootmapper before, but I figured it out.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline woodruff

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 04:43:38 »
this is nice, please with the next gb consider a tkl

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #346 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 17:03:20 »
Cool board! Here is mine with GMK Camping:

https://imgur.com/a/ZhZukON

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 May 2019, 17:06:15 by sacklunch »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #347 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 18:28:33 »
Got mine. Have to decide what switches to use. Might do gateron yellow with yellow leds and yolch

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 09:27:34 »
Built up the hi-pro, working well. Never used bootmapper before, but I figured it out.

If you're more familiar with QMK, this board is also in QMK =)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 00:12:43 »
Update time: Pending a few unpaid invoices, all US orders have been shipped. Right now I'm working on starting all international orders, some of which are direct shipped and some which will be proxied, so I'm needing to get everything setup for those conditions before sending them out.