Author Topic: Need ErgoDox to-scale SVG; Litster file not available  (Read 2244 times)

Offline jamadagni

Need ErgoDox to-scale SVG; Litster file not available
« on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 13:46:35 »
Hello people. I'd like to have a to-scale SVG of the ErgoDox key positioning layout.

I looked under http://ergodox.org/Downloads.aspx but the link provided which seems may be useful in this regard: http://ergodox.org/Downloads/ErgoDox_Acrylic_Case_Designed_by_Litster.zip is broken and no long valid.

Can anyone please supply me with or point me to such a to-scale SVG? I did google and search here but without fruit...

Offline Findecanor

Re: Need ErgoDox to-scale SVG; Litster file not available
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 14:26:14 »
No problem. Here you go.

Edit: Litster's original files had bugs in the orientation of Costar stabilisers for 2u thumb keys - I fixed them and uploaded a new archive.

Know that the design is for thick plates that the switches can't clip to - they are only friction-fitted in the plate, mounted vertically only to the PCB. LMK if you need help with doing any mods.

BTW. An alternative to Litster's case is the one by FalbaTech: Proper 1.5mm metal plate and a machined white plastic case that is smaller.
Actually, you don't even need any plate with FalbaTech's case. The PCB supports PCB-mounted switches and stabilisers for the 2u keys are optional.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2015, 14:47:08 by Findecanor »

Offline jamadagni

Re: Need ErgoDox to-scale SVG; Litster file not available
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 21:38:20 »
Thanks. I was successfully able to convert the DXF to SVGs using Inkscape. Specifically, for the key positions I got what I wanted from the Plate non-1u files – and I hadn't realized that there was an official variant using 1u keys for the outermost column – or is that your own addition?