Author Topic: [CLOSED] 2 different GH60s giveaway, Orangesicle clack (mx).  (Read 33689 times)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
Re: 2 different GH60s and a separate clack and a brobot giveaway.
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 00:00:31 »
I'd love the orangesicle clack!! I think it'd go well with my wood case. I don't need a gh60, but I've never had a skull before and I think this would be a great one to have.

Choose meee

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 01:48:35 »
Merged to one post :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:58:21 by dustinhxc »

Offline djmattm

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 02:05:17 »
First, wow great gesture! You are really kind to do this for the community!
Second, although the gh60 is super sweet, i'm already happy with what i have, a humble razer, so i'd love to have my first cc, i've never been able to snag one in the 4grabs or ek sells, or even here, i missed every occasion, even the one for the gasmasks, so i have no cool keycaps :(
Maybe you can help? :D ;D
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Stealth Edition

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 02:39:45 »
This is a really cool thing for you to do Glissant. That being said, I have my eye on that orangesicle clack, as I have yet to own one (or any CC for that matter) as well as the GH60s. I really love the colour, as well as orange creamsicles, so this is probably one of my favourite click clacks. Then again, I don't believe this is really a good enough reason for me to deserve this click clack. But was that the only thing I have to bring to the table? Oh... No of course not. All great plans must have a backup. They say there is no reward without effort. So I give you my best effort. Probably one of the most amazing things I've made thus far in my short 17 year old life. A solid hour and a half of work.

Now then.. Let me tell you a story.
More
It starts with a piece of paper. 15cm x 15cm creamsicle coloured origami paper to be exact.

But wait... What's this? An OEM profile F-Key from a CM Quickfire Rapid? The art begins.

What a familiar shape... Is that... No.. It can't be.

After getting the shape to an acceptable standard, I darken the lines and begin to cut it out.

The rough cutouts are done and the fit is tested before more exact cuts are made.

When the cuts are made, I make a tape loop and attach it to the back of the skull, attaching it to the cap as I work on taping together the edges.

When the edges are all taped together, I slide it back onto the key cap. Sadly I over-cut some edges and the key cap shows on the bottom, but I somewhat rectified it at the end.

That wasn't the end. I decided to do layers of tape on top in order to help preserve the art and to give it a glossy look. At the end, at a distance it just looks like a solid layer of lamination, which is the desired effect. It is secured to the key cap by tape wrapped around the bottom.

And that... Is how I created my Paper Skull. I actually like it so much that I think I am going to permanently keep it on my QFR.

After post edit: Working with tape and paper is a b****!

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:38:03 by dragonxx21 »
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline Neal

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 02:49:59 »
Nice paper clack :thumb:

Now, give me a GH60. No wait, give my dad a GH60.

I tease him with bringing a different 60% to his place every time I go, he really wants one but I don't really want to let one go. Poker's and Pure's mostly, no fancy Korean customs here. :C
I've started bringing him different switches to try, and eventually building a board for him. Don't have any spare pcb's but we'll make it work somehow.

He has yet to make a choice on switches, but he likes Red and Blue right now. He has also grown a liking to my pure, but he despises the fn layer layout, told him to let me try and get extra GH60's so he could program it to his wishes.

My dad is ****ing awesome btw, and appreciates technology a lot. Still not sure exactly what it is that he does at work, but he makes stuff roll. IT related stuff.

I'll get him a 60% eventually, just want to give him something nice that he'll enjoy forever. Fully customized to his likings.

Offline Kouni

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 02:53:40 »
Another astonishing giveaway, I'm kind of amazed at the generosity level around here these days.

I'd like to enter for one the GH60s in MX white flavor. I've entered a few GB since joining and only have one keyboard, so I've got far too many keys and I want to use them properly. I also feel like the GH60 is the perfect incarnation of the GeekHack spirit (sorry Ergodox, not hard feelings) and owning one would be an honor. I've already got a CC incoming so I'll leave it to the clackless.

Good luck everyone and thanks to Glissant.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 07:19:51 »
I would love to win a GH60 with the acrylic case and a clack... the reason being I don't have a single 60% board and I have read countless times regarding these CCs all over gh ever since I joined and not have a single one without much funds to actually afford or trade for one. Furthermore I just recently received my letter from the CNO (College of Nurses of Ontario) that I PASSED MY BOARD EXAM THAT I HAVE BEEN SO ANXIOUS OF RECEIVING. Everything depended on me passing this exam, it was all or nothing. Imagine your 4 years of undergraduate going to absolutely worth nothing without this license to work as a nurse. It would be an amazing celebration reward for me! =')
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 12:50:03 »
First of all i want to thank you Glissant for doing this super awesome giveaway!

I would like to enter this for the gh60 board (doesnt matter which one as long as it comes with a plate for it :D).

Why i think you should chose me? I will try to be as short as possible and not the post a wall of text here.

So my first touch to mechanical keyboards was when i used the BW of a friend of mine like a year and a half ago and dreamed of getting a keyboard like his for quite a while (literally i dreamed of it every night as i was struggling to save enough to buy it). After some time passed i managed to buy the BW and one of the first things that i did after was to learn how can i customize it, because i have seen this on the keyboards of the starcraft 2 pro players. And that was the time when i stumbled upon Geekhack while i was trying to find info of how to make wooded keycaps (i gave up on the idea some time after that). As you can imagine things went from bad to worse since i joined this and started browsing the site everyday. I got literally addicted to the keyboards and the way of customizing them. My real problem is that i live in Bulgaria and as you know mechanical keyboards are alot more expensive in Europe and since Bulgaria is the poorest country in this region i am really limited to how much i can spend on my addiction. That is the reason why i passed the GH60 group buy and i really regret that i did not find a way to get the money from somewhere and buy it. Now i am dreaming of it and thinking how i can make a board like it on my own since this is maybe the best keyboard ever created with almost endless possibilities of customization, programing and functions.

Apart from this as some people on the forums may know i am very very very sentimental person and i am really getting attached to the things that i am owning so i do indeed win a GH60 from you, you can be damn sure that i will look/use it every day and think of how awesome of a guy you are. Some time ago Bunny gave a Ducky keycap puller that is standing right in front my monitor and every time i look at i thank his for his generosity and send my best wishes to him. If i get the board you can also be sure that it will be in safe hands because i will keep it safe like my eyes :D

Best of luck to everybody else that entered this give away, and again a bit THANK YOU to Glissant for making GH even more of an awesome place!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 12:52:19 »
The Incredibly Generous Glissant strikes again!

Good luck running this, I have three coming already, I don't need a fourth! you da bomb glissbrah

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:02:10 »
Wow, even if I am pretty sure that you mentioned in your last giveaway that it was your LAST giveaway, well I won't complain that you're making a new one.

I am interested in a GH 60 because when the GB ran, I was short of money when I considered all I needed to get one built. Since then, I realized that I should have ordered a pcb at least.

I could use one with a case, but I don't mind getting one without a case since there's many 60% cases to get.

I don't think I deserve it more than anyone else, but I would be very happy to win it!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:11:14 »
Awesome guy Glissant strikes again with the giveaway!

If whoever wins the GH60 without a case doesn't have a case for it already, I'll donate an acrylic case to this giveaway. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:18:04 »
I would like to have an orange clack.

Simply because I just wanna try it.
I'll try it for a month and I'll give it back to you or someone else. :)

You have my word for it <3
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:32:15 »
Already got a Ducky Mini so I think it would be unfair of me to ask for another 60-board.
Would love to have another brobot or CC though, recently bought my first brobot and CC but I'm still looking for one in my fav color: BLUE! :D
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:59:37 »
rowdy, I think he's keeping it open a few more days, but it will be over before I end my giveaway. You should however enter that group buy no matter what, as I am sure you'll regret it if you suddenly end up with a 60% mx board in the future ;)

Yeah, I know, but I overspent by nearly $1000 last month and this month is rapidly going downhill, and next month is Christmas - it is getting harder to justify random purchases, as nice as they might seem to me.

rowdy, I think he's keeping it open a few more days, but it will be over before I end my giveaway. You should however enter that group buy no matter what, as I am sure you'll regret it if you suddenly end up with a 60% mx board in the future ;)

Haha, @rowdy, I can't tell if he is trolling you or giving you a chance to make him feel bad about making you buy a set for a board you don't have and increasing your odds of getting one. 

Neither - Glissbro's been here a fair bit longer than me :)  All good.

I'm pretty sick, so that's the excuse I'm going with when I mention this change; the clack is an orangesicle, not hackorange.

Very nice picture of orangisicle  in Daniel's thread here.

how about this

nostalgia set is now added to one of the gh60s, this goes with whichever gh60 glissbro wants, and is given totally at his discretion
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 14:10:42 »

Yeah, I know, but I overspent by nearly $1000 last month and this month is rapidly going downhill, and next month is Christmas - it is getting harder to justify random purchases, as nice as they might seem to me.

Haha, @rowdy, I can't tell if he is trolling you or giving you a chance to make him feel bad about making you buy a set for a board you don't have and increasing your odds of getting one. 

I'm pretty sick, so that's the excuse I'm going with when I mention this change; the clack is an orangesicle, not hackorange.

how about this

nostalgia set is now added to one of the gh60s, this goes with whichever gh60 glissbro wants, and is given totally at his discretion

I am always amazed with how generous everyone is in this community.  There are some very special people here...

Glissant, your generosity is amazing and appreciated by everyone, not just the people who win.
Bunny, you always seem to step up.  You have been so generous and continue to be a shining example of selflessness. 
JDCarpe deserves props as well.  Such a good fellow...

True admiration for you folks.  +1 x 1000

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 14:27:52 »
Would really like to win a gh60, its the only thing I really regret not buying since I joined here. Getting sick of my pures function key. Still short right shift ftw. Clack I guess I would like to have but it's something I've given up upon not willing to pay the premium, it just doesnt make sense o.O.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 14:51:16 »
Ecstatic would be the word to describe me if I won a custom gh60. The only board I have is a HPE 87 which I really appreciate as it hasn't gone tits up on me up til now (knock on wood). Building a gh60 has been on my mind of late but it's just financially impossible.
Anyway, whatever happens it's good to see so much generosity and good vibes after all the negativity.

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:08:18 »
Awesome guy Glissant strikes again with the giveaway!

If whoever wins the GH60 without a case doesn't have a case for it already, I'll donate an acrylic case to this giveaway. :)

how about this

This got out of control quickly. I am truly amazed of how a person's generosity is awaking others people generosity. Super mega duper THANK YOU from the WHOLE community here to all of you guys for doing this kind of giveaways and one more super duper thank you to all of you that are joining with additional stuff for this. I know that this have been said so many times but this place wouldn't even be close to what it is without you. Please never change!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline stancato9

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:14:02 »
I'm loving all the altruism; I don't think there is any other online community with this number of selfless people.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 17:38:05 »
And this is why I love Geekhack! So many people are eager to put something good into the community! This is an amazing giveaway! Good luck to all!

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:16:09 »
So here was I thinking on a cool way to ask for a GH60, but I couldn't.

I lost my opportunity to get one, and I really would like to have it. I feel it is more than a board to this community, and I really would like one :)

Thanks for doing this, Glissant :))

Offline JoeC

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:26:41 »
Very cool.  A GH60 would make someone really happy.

Lurk Moar!!!!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:06:25 »

how about this

So many warm and fuzzies in this thread :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:43:58 »

how about this

Now I really don't know whether to enter Bunny's Nostalgia GB, as I can't really see myself getting a GH60 or similar by itself in the short term, and were I to actually be awarded one with a Nostalgia set included, then I would have two.

:-\
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Glissant

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:05:56 »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:28:45 »
Do I win because I gave a gh60 to anson?  I don't have to, I understand.

What I mean to say is: "Welcome back to America"

(again all jokes, I lub you, glissypoops)

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 06:24:56 »
Hello Glissant,

This is a generous giveaway kind Sir, giving people possibility to try out GH60 in their lifetime. I would love to win GH60 with white switches (or any switches you have really).  It would be a marvelous for me to recieve and use one board which carries 4 chances that otherwise would be unatainable:

1. Chance to use a board with white switches
2. Chance to have something designed and produced with time and effort of wonderful GH people
3. Chance to use 60% layout
4. Chance to use one of a kind board put together by your hands :) And modeled to be modified when heart desires.

It would be a magnificent piece to be put on office desk for daily use :)

Thank you for such a chance :)
DoubleD

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 06:27:10 »
I wish that I could get a gh60 soon! Been waiting for iso love for so long..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 06:40:14 »

Offline Permeability

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 09:00:15 »
good luck all!  :)
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 09:04:38 »

Offline kgrad5

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 09:21:03 »
I'd like to win a GH60 with browns or clears as well as a brobot and clack.

GH60 - Found out about this board too late for the GB, love 60% boards, want to own them all! The clear acrylic case sounds awesome.

Brobot - Really nice item, would like to add it to the collection, do not own one.

Clack - I own a clack, I am just being greedy.

Disclaimer: I am definitely not the most deserving of any of these! Good luck to all!
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 09:22:48 by kgrad5 »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 09:30:01 »
I am interested to win the GH60 and the clack. What I will do is that I will sell the GH60 to a (lucky?) person in my country at the highest possible price and donate 100% of the money back to GH for the running of the site. I do hope to get the clack though as I have never owned one and if I do, I will also donate some of my own money for the clack to GH together with the sale of the GH60.

Offline csmith1991

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 10:25:09 »
I'd like a GH60 with MX reds. I'm new here, so I missed the opportunity to buy one in the GB. Came here looking for more info on the HHKB as I'm a broke college student. Decided waiting for the GH60 would be worth it.

Hoping for the best.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 15:51:03 by csmith1991 »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 10:50:55 »
In as much as I'd like the GH60 -- and it is very tempting -- I've made previous commitments for another 60% keyboard and I only need one 60% keyboard. :p

The subject mentions a brobot?  If that's up for giveaway, I'd like to win that so that so Bob will have some company this holiday season. ;)  Oh and I'll give you naming rights! :thumb:

I wish for the orangesicle clack because I have GH spirit (and Photoshop):

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:02:03 by infiniti »

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 11:16:49 »
Damn. I am reading the posts in this thread and even though I really want a GH60 (I have yet to have a 60% MX board), there are people who need this way more than I who can't just buy it, for one reason or another.

I guess I have to abstain :'(

Offline Glissant

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 11:25:50 »
Thanks again to Bunny for being an amazingly generous person. This community would be unbearable without people like him, tjcaustin, jdacarpe, Bro Caps, CPTBadAss, Halverson, Mkawa, whitefiredragon, and I am sure many more but those are the ones I can be bothered to type right now.

That being said; I am not at all convinced by most of these posts. I was really hoping people would step up and not be lazy, but most of you have just not even thought about what it means to get hundreds of dollars of stuff for free. It's not all about NEED in this world we live in. So even if you don't need what is being given away you could always enter with what you think would be a good entry. Maybe you'll give it away as a holiday gift to somebody? You never know.

Step up your game or I'll be forced to give it all to demilk.

Edit: Halverson, not sure if you're mad that I'm giving it away or not, but I want to say that your gift will forever be in my heart. I just can't stand clacks anymore, so I am giving it away to someone that will hopefully enjoy using it a lot more. Let me know if you feel some sort of way about it, and I'll for sure keep it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 11:27:35 by Glissant »

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 11:28:43 »
Step up your game or I'll be forced to give it all to demilk.

I am perfectly fine with this.  :))
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 11:42:10 »
All of it.

I would use one of the GH60's to experiment with, I would turn it into a HHKBGH60 switch tester that could be sent around for people to try and also so people could see what the GH60 is really about, custom keymaps, the flexibility in layout, and also since bunny threw in the nostalgia set people could get a good idea of how awesome that set is in the process. Of course details would need hashed out but this is just brain storming.  :o

The other GH60 I would like to send to clickclack with whatever his favorite mx switch is and try to find him a key set he desires as well just as a thank you from the community.  ;D

For the orangesicle I would give it to zenuty if he has not found one yet because his collection is amazing and he is a clack addict, he likens it to cocaine and he is a true bro.  8)

The brobot would be given away or raffled in some way to raise funds to help support brocaps and V2, even if he doesn't need it or want it :p

PS: I am not good with words and seek absolutely nothing out of this other than giving back to others.  :thumb:

Also once demilk gets his topre HHKB he won't need any MX boards.  :-X

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:09:47 »
Let's try this again. Let the (serious) begging begin! :P

-----

Many, many, many (perhaps 10?) years in the future, keyboards will probably be a thing of the past.

In one of these future days, a kid will wander into my (hopefully existent by that time) office in some university where I'll be teaching.

He/she will be disgusted. He'll see this weird thing on top of my desk, which I will be hitting with my fingers making an "absurd" amount of noise.

"What is that?" the kid shall ask.

"It is a keyboard. An old, yet the best ever made input tool. To this day, all these touch crap and finger move and moving stuff with you mind and speak recognition has not made me as comfortable as this amazing board."

"I don't see what is special about it. It's inefficient, noisy. Not only, it is ugly!"

"UGLY?! That definitely it is not. You see, this board was assembled by Glissbro, a really nice guy from this great place on the internet. Not only that, this board is a tribute to another nice guy that, even though I never spoke to him, gave that impression to me. Only this makes this board special. However, it also is dressed with a set of caps specially made for its kind donated by a great bunny. Weren't that enough, it has a brobot as its esc key. Brobots were made [hope they will be still in the making! :P] by a funny guy that promised me one of these keys for my BS boards. So, you can say you don't like keyboards and that you like controlling things while pointing your nose, but you may never again say this keyboard is ugly."

The kid will get silent and quietly leave the room, never asking me to review her grade.

That will be the beginning of my fame as a crazy professor.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:17:17 by lcs »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:51:22 »
----Entry Start----

Who can say no to free stuff?

----Entry Finish----

Bloody nice giveaway your doing here mate, thanks for it, things like this make the community great.

Also Ics nice story bud!

Text in teal was ajoke, guess it was missed :3
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:01:24 by Tym »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:53:09 »
----Entry Start----

----Entry Finish----

Bloody nice giveaway your doing here mate, thanks for it, things like this make the community great.

Also Ics nice story bud!

Give at least one to Tym so he can have a real keyboard.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:56:28 »
Steel-y's a real board  :-X
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:13:34 »
----Entry Start----

----Entry Finish----

Also Ics nice story bud!

Thanks Tym :)

I like your honesty :P

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:14:03 »
I'd love a GH60 with MX whites.

I don't have any 60% boards so it'd be my first and I don't own anything with white switches so it'd be a nice addition.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:17:25 »
Thanks a lot for doing this. Although I've never thought I'd participate in a GB or a thread like this for a more-or-less standard keyboard since getting an ergodox,...

I've been bringing my ergodox to school and dev conferences recently and showing it to people especially at Openmobility's booth dedicated to mostly open hardware. Many of them actually liked the idea, but lacked dedication or money to try an ergonomic keyboard, such as ErgoDox, key64 or the upcoming ErgoGP. Therefore, I'd love to have something less "weird"—a GH60 would be excellent!—to show them. I hope it would bring more new people to this community.

edit: I'm interested in GH60 preferably with MX White switches and acrylic case, but other configuration would be awesome as well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2013, 08:42:24 by davkol »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:29:56 »
I would love the click clack, I do not have one and I think they are just awesome and to own one would mean a lot to me. I missed entering for the nightowl by 1 day(I got on their website to enter and it said the drawing ended the day before, I was crushed) and I lost out on the most recent raffle as well.

I do not feel comfortable entering for either of the keyboards anymore since I already have a lot of keyboards and I am trying to cut back because I am literally going to have problems storing them. I think that someone could appreciate the board much more than me just for the fact that I already bought a poker after I first entered this drawing and soon ordered a custom 60% from sprit. I would love to see someone win those keyboards who doesn't already own a 60% board, and so for that reason, I don't feel right trying to win either of them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:27:55 by HPE1000 »

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:47:37 »
Actually I change my mind. Now that the computer I bought for my older brother has arrived, I am trying to find a board that he would like. This would be perfect. Since he is now getting back on his feet I thought why not and bought him a computer. He used my board and loved it. Now I wish to give it to him to go with he computer.
He really liked browns. So acrylic and mx browns.  :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 17:57:05 by HUNTERANGEL121 »

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 14:35:22 »
Orangesicle whaaa!? OK, shiz just got real, so I'll try to once again prove my passion for orange.

It is the proud school color of my dad's alma mater, Oregon State, it's also where I graduated as well... so orange has flowed through my veins since I was born. There are probably other members who may like the color orange, but I dare you to find another loves the color more than me.

Exhibit A: despite being lactose intolerant, I still buy stupid stuff like this ice-cream, because it's orange and has a beaver on it.
More

Exhibit B: we show up to tailgating on these orange and black wheels.
More

Exhibit C: I keep my partner's stuffed animal sheep warm with orange beaver mittens every game day as a lucky charm.
More

(there are more pictures of this stupid thing than I'd care to admit)

I gaurantee that Orangesicle will have a loving home alongside Hackorange on a very orange keyboard. Cheers
More

Offline Satō

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 14:56:50 »
de-lurking for this giveaway!
Items I want to win: cherry mx blue GH60 in a clear acrylic case w/ oransicle & nostalgia set.
I'm currently typing on a dell rubberdome, and is contemplating purchasing a mechanical keyboard. However, I wish to own a custom keyboard, and not a mass produced one from a factory in China. A custom built keyboard is infinitely better than a factory keyboard due to its programmable features, tailored key layouts, community support, customizable accessories, and of course, in this case, being FREE (putting a great emphasis on free due to university student financials). I've chosen mx blues due to it being one of the more popular switches, as well as the CLICK everyone associates with blues. This way it would be possible to upgrade the blues to the much raved ghetto green switches in the future with an accompanying beast switch tool and black springs. The nostalgia set would be perfect for a gh60 due to it being the first(?) 60% featured set group buy here, as well as a way of receiving bunny's generosity. The orangsicle would be the CHERRY on top, as it complements the keycap set well and fills the void of novelty and fanciness of the esc position.

Edit: I forgot to mention why I choose not to purchase a custom keyboard from the classifieds.
Aside from student tution and such, I also have quite a severe case of ocd. Most keyboards in the classifieds are used and therefore having conflicting issues with my cleaning disorder. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a preowned keyboard, although they are quite nice (looking at you korean customs). A newly built keyboard would solve this issue and allow me to enjoy the clicky-ness of mechanical switches.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 15:04:44 by Satō »