Author Topic: 60% layout discussions  (Read 1062 times)

Offline inde

60% layout discussions
« on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 08:36:28 »
Hi,
I'm sitting on my new pok3r and struggling a bit with all the possibilities that I now have in terms of layout design. I'm quite happy with QWERTY overall and don't want to stray from that for now. I'm wondering more about how people have configured their Fn combinations.

I have attached some of the options that I imagine are meaningful and helpful in order of obviousness (for me).
108641-0
  • vim hjkl for arrow keys on right hand (yellow)
  • wasd for arrow keys on left hand (yellow)
  • make ~ work for right shift + Escape (if possible, yellow)
  • PgUp/PgDn added to left hand for browsing (yellow)
  • Reproduce Home, PgUp, End, PgDn on Fn+ right hand (dropping Insert and Del, pink)
  • add copy & paste for right hand; this is usually Ctrl+Insert; useful when you have mouse in left hand (pink)
  • Make F keys trigger before numbers for browsing and debugging (orange)

I suppose these changes are possible on other keyboards, e.g., with bpiphany's controllers. Is there a discussion of such layouts somewhere (not the software itself) or am I on my own?

What do you think of my suggestions?
I could also program macros, but I have no real idea what would be useful there.
Any advice is appreciated :)

Offline inde

Re: 60% layout discussions
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 09:01:44 »
In addition, I'm somewhat sad that I cannot switch tabs using Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn conveniently right now, i.e., with my right hand. Right Ctrl + Fn doesn't activate and is quite uncomfortable anyway. If someone had a suggestion for this, I'd be most grateful...