Author Topic: Clack Valuation Thread  (Read 931003 times)

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
Re: Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #950 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:24:03 »
The red and black is a nice combo :) Gonna regret selling it, but I can't go through getting a new controller, waiting etc. I've not used it in like 8 months, its a shame to have it sitting there doing nothing when someone else could enjoy it, plus the money from the sale will allow me to get some progress done on my fallout project

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #951 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:27:02 »

Hey guys, can I get a price on these:-

Topre mount Hardcore White
Topre mount EK Blue (second)

Priced to sell, not looking at crazy money

$100-150 for each
This makes it hard to believe that a 3D CC is about $150. Are they about as common as single color skulls? Just bought one for $200 and I dunno if that was a good price, but I think so?

Yes, $200 for a 3D is a good price.

3D is more expensive than Hardcore White and EK Blue now?  This surprises me.

Personally, I wouldn't expect the two pexon listed to be that inexpensive.  But I dunno. 
* HoffmanMyster shrugs

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #952 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:51:08 »
I'm inclined to agree with Hoff, $100-$150 for those two caps is not realistic unless the seller is willing to leave money on the table. I had a few inquiries regarding the 3D topre skull at $250 (tire kickers, mostly), and a number of legitimate offers at $200US. This was my first time ever selling an artisan for cash, felt a bit dirty doing it but I've spent enough over the years that I think I was due to get some return on my investment. Given the fact that Clacks almost never go up for sale for cash anymore and the vastly expanded demand due in part to r/MK, I think a lot of people are short-selling the potential sale value of Clacks in this thread. There's no way any clack would sit untouched in the forums sub-$150 in this era. I'd hazard a guess that even Oktoberfest and Candy Corn blanks would sell between $150-$200, which were both obtainable sub-$100 a couple of years ago.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:56:56 by Dyslexic »
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #953 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:53:01 »

$100-150 for each
This makes it hard to believe that a 3D CC is about $150. Are they about as common as single color skulls? Just bought one for $200 and I dunno if that was a good price, but I think so?

Personally, I wouldn't expect the two pexon listed to be that inexpensive.  But I dunno. 
* HoffmanMyster shrugs

I personally think any Clack could bring at least $250 these days, at the right time and with some luck.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #954 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:54:26 »
It seems like Clack's for sale a worth a bit more now because of (1) whatever's going on with clackvent rednalec, and (2) most people only wanting to trade, rather than sell, clacks. With number 2, people are paying a small premium for the right to buy it in cash rather than have to trade with another artisan.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #955 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 17:16:09 »
I'm inclined to agree with Hoff, $100-$150 for those two caps is not realistic unless the seller is willing to leave money on the table. I had a few inquiries regarding the 3D topre skull at $250 (tire kickers, mostly), and a number of legitimate offers at $200US. This was my first time ever selling an artisan for cash, felt a bit dirty doing it but I've spent enough over the years that I think I was due to get some return on my investment. Given the fact that Clacks almost never go up for sale for cash anymore and the vastly expanded demand due in part to r/MK, I think a lot of people are short-selling the potential sale value of Clacks in this thread. There's no way any clack would sit untouched in the forums sub-$150 in this era. I'd hazard a guess that even Oktoberfest and Candy Corn blanks would sell between $150-$200, which were both obtainable sub-$100 a couple of years ago.

But the thing is, if you offer Clack at those prices ($150) someone will buy it.

Or list is on eBay and the price will soar to $250+, hence people think they are getting a bargain for $150.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #956 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 17:18:31 »
Agreed. I would definitely jump at an Oktoberfest at $150. And of all the sales of Clacks for $100-150 these days, I usually see them go in the first half hour, with a bunch of PM's to the seller.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #957 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 17:38:03 »

But the thing is, if you offer Clack at those prices ($150) someone will buy it.

Or list is on eBay and the price will soar to $250+, hence people think they are getting a bargain for $150.

That's exactly what I said -- Any clack listed below $150 will get snapped up immediately. If I felt like waiting, I'm confident I could have sold the 3D Clack for $250. Clacks for cash in the classifieds are so rare these days that when they do crop up they sell for crazy prices. If I ever decided to divest of my bro collection (don't see that happening any time soon...) I'm pretty sure every last keycap would fetch north of $120.

All that to say, Pexon asked for a "sell now" price, and $100-$150 certainly qualifies, but I think he could go north of $200 and still flip them in less than a week.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 August 2015, 17:39:51 by Dyslexic »
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #958 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 19:56:00 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:17:44 by alienman82 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #959 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 19:58:59 »
More

$100-150 for each

* HoffmanMyster shrugs
I personally think any Clack could bring at least $250 these days, at the right time and with some luck.

WTS - Super Rare Exclusive Mint Gum Topre Blank for low low price of $250!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #960 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:00:38 »

More

$100-150 for each

* HoffmanMyster shrugs

So my even more rare doubleshot blank mint green is worth $500!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #961 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:01:25 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:17:41 by alienman82 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #962 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:02:10 »

More

$100-150 for each

* HoffmanMyster shrugs

So my even more rare doubleshot blank mint green is worth $500!

pbt too?

Mystery clack matter

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #963 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:03:29 »

Someone randomly asked me to buy this and I'm curious if GH users think it's fake or not.  I asked for better pictures with a timestamp, but I'm still waiting.  Here are the pictures:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I tried to adjust the brightness to see the stamp, and it looks like the fxe one, but I still want your opinion.  Thanks!
Don't have a lot of experience with clacks but that looks fake to me. I've only seen clacks with the Clack stamp on one of the corners, and not in the centre.

Also, normally a person who'd manage to get a clack would naturally send a photo of it with the timestamp for validity. I feel like to a proper seller, it's instinct to do so.
More

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #964 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:07:24 »

Someone randomly asked me to buy this and I'm curious if GH users think it's fake or not.  I asked for better pictures with a timestamp, but I'm still waiting.  Here are the pictures:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I tried to adjust the brightness to see the stamp, and it looks like the fxe one, but I still want your opinion.  Thanks!
Don't have a lot of experience with clacks but that looks fake to me. I've only seen clacks with the Clack stamp on one of the corners, and not in the centre.

Also, normally a person who'd manage to get a clack would naturally send a photo of it with the timestamp for validity. I feel like to a proper seller, it's instinct to do so.

Older clacks use the FXE logo, which is centered and rectangular.

Not everyone feels the need for a time stamp either.

Can't say if it's fake or real though.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #965 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:08:07 »
CF is on the corner, FXE is centered.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #966 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:08:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

MX Clack stamps are in the middle, just like that one, and say "FXE".  Topre Clack stamps are in the corner and say "CF".  :thumb:

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #967 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:13:29 »
Ooh with all that being said, too, it's harder to make, and the grow harder to fake, a Tri color, is it not?
More

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #968 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:13:46 »
And therefore, harder* damn autotext lol
More

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #969 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 20:16:42 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:17:39 by alienman82 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #970 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 23:00:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks legit to me, comparing it to a genuine Clack in my hands atm.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #971 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 23:01:18 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:17:26 by alienman82 »

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #972 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 17:13:14 »
Didn't want to make a separate post, does anyone know or have a list of what BS clacks are out there?

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #973 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 17:17:33 »
Didn't want to make a separate post, does anyone know or have a list of what BS clacks are out there?
mostly singlecolors and some bs globe skulls
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #974 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 17:38:39 »
mostly singlecolors and some bs globe skulls

Aren't there some tris too?

Also Enviro.
:circle:

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #975 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 17:40:00 »
bmx salute bs, og bs, jack bs, mr. friday bs to name a few... cba listing all the single colors and stuff. also there is a few new ones from the clackvent I don't know the name of
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 17:42:14 by epzy »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #976 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 20:57:00 »
bmx salute bs, og bs, jack bs, mr. friday bs to name a few... cba listing all the single colors and stuff. also there is a few new ones from the clackvent I don't know the name of

There were a handful of Nightowl V2's and potentially a large influx of BS Clacks should the rest of Clackvent arrive, due to "BS Day".
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #977 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 22:24:29 »
Topre Drunken Skull Cc?
More

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #978 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 22:33:11 »
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #979 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:10:09 »
Now that Clackvent clack's are shipping, is anyone thinking CC prices are gonna drop?
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #980 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:14:27 »
Now that Clackvent clack's are shipping, is anyone thinking CC prices are gonna drop?

Nope, because most the people selling are greedy and feel entitled to massive inflation and profits because "der market surports it hurrdurr".

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #981 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:16:28 »

Nope, because most the people selling are greedy and feel entitled to massive inflation and profits because "der market surports it hurrdurr".
That's good. that makes me feel better about my recent clack purchase (before Clackvent got better). =))

But that also sucks, cause massive inflation.
More

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #982 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:17:16 »
Nope. There are still not enough CC's to fill the demand.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #983 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:33:39 »

+1

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline btctopre

« Reply #984 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:49:42 »
skulls should remain solid (or increase because clack trading will be more active), i could see blanks being available for cheaper than current value though if a bunch of lesser demand colors single colors are introduced into supply. current supply for stuff like ghost white is really low, so mostly only collectors have them, but once you pass beyond the people who "have" to have one of everything, who really wants to spend $50+ on a white blank? really tough sell imo, even with the clack hype behind it.

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #985 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:37:08 »
how much should i pay for a unicorn blood topre brobot v2?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #986 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:44:11 »
Retail, but if you want the honest answer nothing over $100
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #987 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:49:43 »
This isn't a brobot valuation thread.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #988 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:53:28 »
Retail, but if you want the honest answer nothing over $100
what i thought, thanks!
Sorry, I posted this right when I woke up, was half asleep, pretty stupid of me.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #989 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:56:13 »
God your such a wet blanket ain't you.

@Remy NP
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #990 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 03:19:06 »
What's a topre salute skull worth? $700?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #991 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 03:20:14 »

$30, but, hey, we can go with Mr. Clack's own inflation and call it $100.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #992 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 03:23:05 »

Sounds high to me. I would think even on eBay it would hit $400-500.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #993 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 03:26:58 »

Sounds high to me. I would think even on eBay it would hit $400-500.

Cool, was just curious. Didn't realise those clacks are worth that much and was offered one for 700 which i thought was quite ridiculous

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #994 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 11:51:03 »
Clack Factory MX Bluetrabe... I have one, never hear anyone talking about them, just wondering what its worth?

Offline btctopre

« Reply #995 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 10:04:42 »
Clack Factory MX Bluetrabe... I have one, never hear anyone talking about them, just wondering what its worth?
$210ish imo unless you take it to eBay, then probably $350+. Not sure how many Clack whales are left without one though.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #996 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 11:02:08 »
...Clack whales...

I like that term, for a diehard clack collector I assume?  Is that new?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #997 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 11:12:33 »
$210ish imo unless you take it to eBay, then probably $350+. Not sure how many Clack whales are left without one though.

Is it just me or do none of the heavy traders post anymore?? Did they all get taken out by some international clack spy ring?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #998 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 11:34:16 »

Is it just me or do none of the heavy traders post anymore?? Did they all get taken out by some international clack spy ring?

I've noticed this too.  Seems like the ones who were around back in the day with major collections have vanished.  Conspiracy? ⛛
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline btctopre

« Reply #999 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 11:46:15 »
...Clack whales...

I like that term, for a diehard clack collector I assume?  Is that new?
Not as much die hard, more like big spender. It's just something you hear every now and then in gambling or (micro-transaction-oriented) gaming, describes someone that spends an excessive amount of money to the point where the casino/developer actually takes notice of them and starts to cater to them (as it'd take a substantial amount of average people to replace one whale). It's not quite as applicable here, since the biggest spenders do not directly impact Clack's bottom line (selling only at retail and all), but they indirectly do it by generating discussion/interest each time they make a public purchase at a excessive value, while also pushing average Clack aftermarket value upward to allow Clack to justify increasing his retail price.

So I'm mostly talking about the people that drop 2-3x market value on eBay clacks, but if you look lately a lot of the final bids have stayed below $200, so the whale well might be going dry.

It sounds like some (like naasfu) are busy, but I'm fairly certain two great collectors moved the bulk of their clacks a few months back to a few other collectors who don't have as sterling of reputation around here, so most of their business is probably being handled behind closed doors (if at all).

Interest in mechanical keyboards/keycaps still continues to grow by a lot though, so could just be that people want to avoid the corresponding increase in "I KNOW YOU AREN'T SELLING BRO, AND I DON'T HAVE WHAT YOU WANT, BUT THAT'S MY DREAM CAP" type spam that grows very tiring.