Author Topic: [IC] GMK Harvest | GB Period Over  (Read 88048 times)

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
Re: [IC] GMK Wise Wolf | GB August?
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 10:32:41 »
i feel like the design of the Rama would've been better complimented with alu + infill - maybe red for the apple or something like that.

doesn't feel lazy to me personally, but i agree with the sentiment that it doesn't seem to really suit the set, especially in all brass.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 13:44:16 »
Just make the RAMA novelty a gold-plated 6.25u brass spacebar engraved with the seal of the church 5head

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 16:22:34 »
Great idea, terrible pitch: UK-ISO in the hiragana base set?

Edit: A red apple novelty on r2 would be great for 40s. A 1u backspace on r2 too as long as I’m hoping.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 March 2021, 05:15:14 by Oddstag »

Offline JPoc

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 21:21:30 »
love Spice & Wolf so really into this set. I think the RAMA resembling a coin is a great idea, tho I think the current design needs to be pushed a bit more to give that impression. Good luck with the set!

Offline dimo

[IC] GMK Wise Wolf | GB August?
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 14:00:35 »
Same as others.

The rama is not really what I was expecting, the gold seems a bit out of place with the colors of the set (and we did have quite a lot of gold Ramas recently).

I was hoping for something like a vibrant Red Apple (maybe even Red PVD), something similar to the novelty one but with the Rama flair and metal shine.
Or something different ofc, but maybe Gold is not the color.
yes this. red

Offline I.Hiyori

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 11:09:49 »
Would you consider getting an artisan with the wheat design?

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 15:22:32 »
Here's a couple of serious ideas:

• I maintain my "gold bars with church seal" as before, but apply it to the 2u backspace. Make it look like a real bar of gold.
  • How about Holo's pouch? Base it on the novelty cap, color/plate the base in to copper or rose gold, but make the icon a red infill. That would look so dope.

I still love this set.

Offline Harue

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 15:39:40 »
Yes

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
Re: [IC] GMK Harvest (formerly Wise Wolf) | GB August | Revised Set
« Reply #158 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:43:50 »
Unfortune news.
I was unable to make obtain licensing so the set has been renamed and revised to keep this strictly a fall and harvest themed set. Changes are being made as I would still like this set to run. Sadly, it won't be in its full intended design, but the changes made are minimal as much of the set was originally designed to copy any direct references. Only a few things needed to be changed that were too clear of an influence.

Notable changes are as followed:
Removed the S and W keys from the novelties kit.
The Bountiful Harvest deskmat has been changed ever so slightly, it previously had the head of some wolf or fox like humanoid in the  peeking semi-discreetly in the corner to now not having a head there.
Currently dealing with the Mechfashion sleeve collaboration as the design was based off of something else, I will update once figured out.

Additionally, I will be creating a new IC soon for some switches and stabilizers to match GMK Harvest. Here are the renders. Thank you Pupper for these renders.

Offline dimo

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:44:53 »
: I

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:46:19 »
Additionally. When looking into if GMK Harvest was a name used before, there was a reddit post by u/lovelyblonde. I reached out to them asking if they were still working on their project as I didn't see any other updates. They allowed for me to take that name as they were not continuing to work on that set.

Offline dimo

[IC] GMK Harvest (formerly Wise Wolf) | GB August | Revised Set
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:46:29 »
unfortunate but the set is too good to be affected
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:51:02 by dimo »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:49:55 »
Controversy aside, I quite dig the colors of this set. Nice and warm. Good luck with IC and GB :)

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:17:07 »
I think some of those removal were not really necessary, but I guess they really want to take absolutely 0 risks.
But it doesn't really affect the set, it still looks great. I'm happy we are still getting some novelties.

Any updates on the Rama? Will the current one stay and maybe another one added? Or will it be replaced entirely?

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:26:04 »
I think some of those removal were not really necessary, but I guess they really want to take absolutely 0 risks.
But it doesn't really affect the set, it still looks great. I'm happy we are still getting some novelties.

Any updates on the Rama? Will the current one stay and maybe another one added? Or will it be replaced entirely?

Taking the zero risk route as per vendors request. One thing that may change, could be that we go back to the design of deskmats with the head peeking, but we are currently talking. Overall the feel the set has the same feel luckily.
As for the RAMA I plan to keep it as is. There will be other artisans and metal collabs in the works and if a certain design doesn't suit your fancy, you have options.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 22:46:34 »
Too bad about the denial on the license, but set still captures the spirit of the original idea.

Cute looking new switches, though.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 01:48:37 »
Really unfortunate about the S and W =(  I wonder if you could have added a N and E in the same font and then just said "it's cardinal directions lol"

Still a great looking set, and I'm still in for base + novelties!

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 07:24:39 »
Really unfortunate about the S and W =(  I wonder if you could have added a N and E in the same font and then just said "it's cardinal directions lol"

Still a great looking set, and I'm still in for base + novelties!

You know I’m starting to think this “might” work, I’d have to discuss with vendor. Would keep the set the same just an increase in cost to novelty kit. I have actually had a few people suggest this now and I see more people are interested in it.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 02:14:19 »
Are we still targeting an August GB Date?

Offline Inputism

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 07:09:50 »
A huge bummer about denial of licensing... was already bad enough they won't give us any announcement for season 3

Offline harvest

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 09:56:35 »
Not gonna lie upset you changed the name. I have a set in the making with this name lol, BUT  I love this set and gonna get for sure!

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 14:00:17 »

Yes August is still the expected GB date.

Not gonna lie upset you changed the name. I have a set in the making with this name lol, BUT  I love this set and gonna get for sure!

Sorry to hear that. But do note that there already was a project named GMK Harvest that someone previously was working on. I reached out to them seeing if they were continuing the project, and they were fine with me taking use of that name.

A huge bummer about denial of licensing... was already bad enough they won't give us any announcement for season 3

Season 3 :(

Just wanted to also thanks for the support as of lately. I know I was in silence for a little while I was trying to work out the licensing issues, even with the denial, I haven’t lost any motivation and am fully committed to this set.

Cheers!

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #172 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 17:09:21 »

Yes August is still the expected GB date.

That's good to know. I fell in love with the colors, so as long as you keep them, I'm happy with the changes.
That said, I'll still call it the old set name in private lol

Offline Hollow

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 01:40:11 »
Unfortune news.
I was unable to make obtain licensing so the set has been renamed and revised to keep this strictly a fall and harvest themed set. Changes are being made as I would still like this set to run. Sadly, it won't be in its full intended design, but the changes made are minimal as much of the set was originally designed to copy any direct references. Only a few things needed to be changed that were too clear of an influence.

Notable changes are as followed:
Removed the S and W keys from the novelties kit.
The Bountiful Harvest deskmat has been changed ever so slightly, it previously had the head of some wolf or fox like humanoid in the  peeking semi-discreetly in the corner to now not having a head there.
Currently dealing with the Mechfashion sleeve collaboration as the design was based off of something else, I will update once figured out.

Additionally, I will be creating a new IC soon for some switches and stabilizers to match GMK Harvest. Here are the renders. Thank you Pupper for these renders.
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Are you interested in doing a collab with Ikki 68 aurora? They did a collab wtih GMK Devoted in R1 with matching colored case, switches and stabilizers. Its unfortunate that the S and W got removed from the novelties but please bring back peeking fox like humanoid silhouette on the deskmat.

Offline NixieTea

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 23:58:55 »
HOW AM I JUST SEEING THIS?!?!?

Offline Esheu2

Re: [IC] GMK Wise Wolf
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 14:31:19 »
4/02/2021 - Failed to get licensing. Renamed set. Placeholder for banner art. Rewrote flavor text to strictly a fall and harvest themed set with no other inspiration. Removed S and W keys from novelties kit. Deskmat of field switched to the version with no head peeking out among the wheat. Dealing with Mechfashion collab.
5/21/2021 - Fox character is back on the deskmat.

yes fox character no wolf character to see here
Ojou

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
Re: [IC] GMK Harvest | GB Starts August 1st - 31st
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 11:06:39 »
Pricing is finally announced!
Sorry for the silence.
I was waiting on pricing, which I have had done for awhile, but unfortunately I made a very tiny mistake and had to wait a bit longer to ensure there was no changes in pricing. That is why there is such short time from me announcing the pricing to the actual GB date being 8/1-8/31.

During the quite time, I had been working on a few things, but I wanted to just make one bigger announcement and add these on. Everything is in the update log. Fox-like humanoid added back to deskmat, artisan collab with MelonKeys, cable collab with Keebstuff, and replaced the signature/banner art.

I appreciate all the support thus far, being my first keyset, I have learned a lot along the way and meet many new people. I'm glad to be a part of this community. Cheers to a successful GB!

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 11:23:32 »
Sorry for the silence.
I was waiting on pricing, which I have had done for awhile, but unfortunately I made a very tiny mistake and had to wait a bit longer to ensure there was no changes in pricing. That is why there is such short time from me announcing the pricing to the actual GB date being 8/1-8/31.

During the quite time, I had been working on a few things, but I wanted to just make one bigger announcement and add these on. Everything is in the update log. Fox-like humanoid added back to deskmat, artisan collab with MelonKeys, cable collab with Keebstuff, and replaced the signature/banner art.

I appreciate all the support thus far, being my first keyset, I have learned a lot along the way and meet many new people. I'm glad to be a part of this community. Cheers to a successful GB!

looks good man! GLWGB

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 07:46:11 »
Sorry for the silence.

I was secretly hoping for the GB Date to bleed a little bit into September, but this is good! Looking forward to the GB man.

Offline Danduil

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 12:27:55 »
Looking forward to picking this one up  :thumb:

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
Re: [IC] GMK Harvest | GB Starts August 1st - 31st | LIVE
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 09:22:03 »
The GB thread is live! Thanks for the support thus far.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114042.0

I'll be locking this IC thread now.