Author Topic: The Bike Thread!  (Read 219788 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: The Bike Thread!
« Reply #750 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 06:13:54 »
Here's a pic of my commuter, complete with a little canalside mud spray.  Just fitted a new headset so the stem can go 10mm lower than before so back to stem swapping for a while to see if I can get rid of the lower back pain that hits at around an hour.  Surprisingly the hoods are actually usable for the first time - typical as I also just fitted the second bar end shifter so can't ride on them any sense :)

I thought the nice sunny day would mean a reasonable pic but no, the glorious matte blackness looks shiny.  Oh well.

215939-0

Now to hope I remember not to pull the new shifter all the way otherwise the chain's going to be in my wheel (MTB pull friction shifter on a road derailleur is not a perfect match...)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline JP

« Reply #751 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 08:40:21 »
Here's a pic of my commuter, complete with a little canalside mud spray.  Just fitted a new headset so the stem can go 10mm lower than before so back to stem swapping for a while to see if I can get rid of the lower back pain that hits at around an hour.  Surprisingly the hoods are actually usable for the first time - typical as I also just fitted the second bar end shifter so can't ride on them any sense :)

I thought the nice sunny day would mean a reasonable pic but no, the glorious matte blackness looks shiny.  Oh well.

(Attachment Link)

Now to hope I remember not to pull the new shifter all the way otherwise the chain's going to be in my wheel (MTB pull friction shifter on a road derailleur is not a perfect match...)

Nice bike. Which headset did you end up with?

That definitely is an aggressive race position but I guess this depends on your riding style. As far as back pain a pro bike fit might be worthwhile. Also this issue is not solely related to bike fit. See this article.

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Nerd

• Nerd (Aka Alex) Aka Garbage. Sister: @sintpinty
    • My Youtube channel!
« Reply #752 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 09:49:48 »
My primary bike is a CCM, i cannot afford a new one. I try and take good care of it. Brands i do not recommend are: Meerkat or Supercycle. Even though they are cheap, they are also cheaply made. Walmart's products i find are unstable, and loosely attached. If you buy one, its a good idea to tighten, as my wheel fell off when i bought one 2 years ago.  :(
"The world's nerdiest nerd that loves Youtube."

Consider subscribing to my channel, TanookiAlex. That would be greatly appreciated, thank you! Link is: Youtube.com/c/tanookialex.

*  Subscriber Goal - 735/1000 *

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #753 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 04:56:52 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice bike. Which headset did you end up with?

That definitely is an aggressive race position but I guess this depends on your riding style. As far as back pain a pro bike fit might be worthwhile. Also this issue is not solely related to bike fit. See this article.

I got a Hope integral (well, the top and bottom - don't want big white logos on the spacers and I like the Kona cap)  Nice smooth bearings and only a 0.5mm shiny ring visible below the headtube so seems good but ask me in a couple of thousand miles.

The lowered position with 130mm stem was too much so had to raise it before coming home.  The stem cost £2.50 and a 110mm was only £5 while a bike fit is £150 which buys me a component (still need a nice BB but waiting on results of gear testing to see where my drivetrain is heading, seatpost is basic and marked from lots of adjustment, saddle is OK but don't love it...) so I'm resisting.  Also still breaking myself in as your linked article suggests - it may well be me.  But knowing lower is worse makes higher worth a try, that or putting the Soma Condor handlebar I barely gave a chance back on.  Crazy thought - they are probably small enough to fit below the main bar - going to try that today :))

My primary bike is a CCM, i cannot afford a new one. I try and take good care of it. Brands i do not recommend are: Meerkat or Supercycle. Even though they are cheap, they are also cheaply made. Walmart's products i find are unstable, and loosely attached. If you buy one, its a good idea to tighten, as my wheel fell off when i bought one 2 years ago.  :(

When I got my bike the handlebars were only held on by 2 of the 4 bolts so I'd suggest checking, the wheel falling off is a bit extreme though.  Hope you weren't riding at the time! :eek:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #754 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 07:15:19 »

(Attachment Link)

Oh that's a nice bike!  :thumb: What tires are those? I have a similar commute bike but I haven't found nice gravel tires around here. Want to get WTB Nanos though.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #755 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 19:24:46 »
Oh that's a nice bike!  :thumb: What tires are those? I have a similar commute bike but I haven't found nice gravel tires around here. Want to get WTB Nanos though.

Thanks!

Those tyres are WTB Resolute, was torn between them and the Nanos so went for the bigger option because bigger is supposed to be better for comfort.  Good grip offroad in the dry (which is where they're supposed to be) but not great when it's properly wet so I'll be getting something different before next winter.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline MMKB

« Reply #756 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 23:17:58 »
My all black hardtail
216120-0

My gravel bike. Shameless plug: it's for sale too https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2539167/
216122-1

Offline MMKB

« Reply #757 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 23:22:50 »
lets keep this thread alive. here's the current state of the roadie.

close to being dialed, but a couple things to do:
- saddle angle needs to be leveled lol and need to finish my bike fit, but the fit is pretty good now
- the manual for speed bartape is pretty rare but kind of worn and doesn't match, i like the 3m godandfamous bartape so that's up next
- fork needs to be cut
- somehow i lost the battery cover on my power meter? need another one but its $15 for a piece of plastic
- i have to mount my replacement carbon cages for the cheaper forte carbon ones i have on the bike right now, although i haven't had complaints so far they don't look as slick as thinner matte cages

(Attachment Link)

Hmm I've seen that frame before. Nice exclusive paint job!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #758 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 00:20:26 »
Lost control of the bike on a paved path the other day and got into a small crash.

Unrelated, my front wheel is going to be upgraded to a Mavic all road next week.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #759 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 03:53:07 »
My all black hardtail
(Attachment Link)

My gravel bike. Shameless plug: it's for sale too https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2539167/
(Attachment Link)

That gravel bike is nice. I like CX/gravel bikes and should start riding some gravel tracks more. Thanks for inspiring me to get on my bike this weekend and have a nice ride. :)

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Sniping

« Reply #760 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 12:23:26 »
My all black hardtail
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

those bikes look very familiar! ;)

your hardtail is getting mad at you you're not riding it enough :)

Offline JP

« Reply #761 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 14:07:57 »
My bike I won't be able to finish up or ride for a few months which is when I should be physically able again.

216201-0

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #762 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 15:48:33 »
My bike I won't be able to finish up or ride for a few months which is when I should be physically able again.

(Attachment Link)

:eek: That gotta hurt looking at that eye-candy everyday.

Offline JP

« Reply #763 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 16:23:17 »

:eek: That gotta hurt looking at that eye-candy everyday.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #764 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 13:50:21 »
Went to Cannock Chase for the first time last weekend and did a couple of laps of the dog. It was a lot of fun. First time I've had my bike really in it's element and it was amazing. Only fell off once as well :D

On a kind of related note, anybody use Strava to track their rides? Would love to follow a few more people on there. If you want to share your name probably best not to put it here, but PM me and i'll follow you :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline JP

« Reply #765 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 14:33:23 »
Went to Cannock Chase for the first time last weekend and did a couple of laps of the dog. It was a lot of fun. First time I've had my bike really in it's element and it was amazing. Only fell off once as well :D

On a kind of related note, anybody use Strava to track their rides? Would love to follow a few more people on there. If you want to share your name probably best not to put it here, but PM me and i'll follow you :)

I use Strava but I don't really use it seriously for training. I just like looking at the numbers. I also follow friends and get ideas for cool places to ride.

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #766 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 20:18:12 »
Finally got around to upgrading to XX1 - mainly for the bling, but that large cog sure helps with being fat climbing. Anyone going to get the axs stuff?

pls ignore dirty frame skin  :(

Offline MMKB

« Reply #767 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 20:52:31 »
Finally got around to upgrading to XX1 - mainly for the bling, but that large cog sure helps with being fat climbing. Anyone going to get the axs stuff?

Show Image

What a beauty. Honestly though a 50-tooth largest cog is on point for a beefy trail bike. Maybe you could run 30t x 11-42t in an area without much steep climbs. Otherwise 32t x 10-50t is necessary for both 13% climb and flat paved road. Good for your knees too.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #768 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 11:29:31 »
Got a wahoo elemnt bolt over the weekend and it's definitely an upgrade from using my Garmin. I thought that upgrading my computer would be a nitpick and I've stuck with my 510 for a while now but the Elemnt Bolt is definitely a lot faster to use than my old Garmin. I saw this meme on instagram that went like "Local wahooligan even bought the $250 fan" and I'm not sure if I'm at that level yet but come talk to me in 6 months  :p

Offline JP

« Reply #769 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 13:05:32 »
Got a wahoo elemnt bolt over the weekend and it's definitely an upgrade from using my Garmin. I thought that upgrading my computer would be a nitpick and I've stuck with my 510 for a while now but the Elemnt Bolt is definitely a lot faster to use than my old Garmin. I saw this meme on instagram that went like "Local wahooligan even bought the $250 fan" and I'm not sure if I'm at that level yet but come talk to me in 6 months  :p

Nice! I love this one. So many different features and always reliable. Did you get the heart rate monitor as well?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #770 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 15:03:49 »

Nice! I love this one. So many different features and always reliable. Did you get the heart rate monitor as well?

Actually, my problem with the garmin wasn't that it wasn't reliable, it was just a lot more difficult to do simple things like upload a ride and update the info pages. I think the one feature missing that would make me happier is a daytime/nighttime auto adjust brightness and background color. The garmin does the background color adjust. I have the garmin run hrm already so I didn't get a new one, I actually don't even use the heart rate monitor, I usually just pace to power. Come to think of it, mostly your heart rate is just a reflection of your 5 minute power average. I think having a 5 min power average reading on your computer would basically replicate the job of heart rate to an extent. 

Offline JP

« Reply #771 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 18:41:30 »
Actually, my problem with the garmin wasn't that it wasn't reliable, it was just a lot more difficult to do simple things like upload a ride and update the info pages. I think the one feature missing that would make me happier is a daytime/nighttime auto adjust brightness and background color. The garmin does the background color adjust. I have the garmin run hrm already so I didn't get a new one, I actually don't even use the heart rate monitor, I usually just pace to power. Come to think of it, mostly your heart rate is just a reflection of your 5 minute power average. I think having a 5 min power average reading on your computer would basically replicate the job of heart rate to an extent.

I just like having the data. I got my Bolt used as part of a bundle with the sensors and HR monitor but sometimes I ride without it. I definitely think there is room for improvement but it is a great piece of kit. Another bonus my Bolt fully integrates with my Pioneer power meter. I came from a low tech Cateye that was several years old and failed me constantly due to issues with magnets.

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #772 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 05:16:38 »

Show Image

What a beauty. Honestly though a 50-tooth largest cog is on point for a beefy trail bike. Maybe you could run 30t x 11-42t in an area without much steep climbs. Otherwise 32t x 10-50t is necessary for both 13% climb and flat paved road. Good for your knees too.

it's amazing. got up a pretty steep climb the other day that i'd walked on my old bike. I didn't think the 50t was that much of an improvement before I got one, but boy was I wrong!

Offline Perfex

« Reply #773 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 13:30:21 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2019, 16:05:57 by Perfex »

Offline JP

« Reply #774 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 17:18:28 »

Offline Perfex

« Reply #775 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 18:50:27 »
Thanks, definitely not as light as one of those carbon jobs, but it’s a bit more durable... which is what I was after.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2019, 19:19:10 by Perfex »

Offline JP

« Reply #776 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 21:08:24 »
Bringing this thread back in style with a new bike day! This bike is like a rocket ship. Accelerates super quick and I feel a lot more efficient at holding high speeds. I'm pretty out of shape right now but it felt like any effort I put down translated to speed like no effort was wasted. Such a sublime feeling I've not felt before in a bike. Also the steering is way more responsive than I'm used to but not in a bad way. I also rode with SPD clip in pedals for the first time and did not fall over despite a lot of stop and go.

220698-0

Gold chain because bling.
220700-1

220702-2
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2019, 21:10:03 by JP »

Offline Sniping

« Reply #777 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 00:18:57 »
very well sorted bike. you have all the right bits! in other news, i got annoyed with tubeless this week. i took my roadie out on a nice long 70 mile ride and mixed in some rocky fire trail up in marin as well...bike was fine. the next day i was pedaling a mile to my friend's house in the city and flatted on the way there, made a little puddle of sealant on the ground and the hole didn't seal. time for new tires. i got the new tires the other day but i'm still having a hell of a time removing the damn tubeless tire. i can't even get the tire to the middle of the wheel well. my last resort is cutting the tire which i'll probably do if i don't fix it up in another few days. good thing i have a backup wheel on deck, and it's a roval clx40 too. my other tubeless headache was converting my mtb wheel to tubeless, a stan's ztr crest wheel. taped up the rim and loaded in the sealant, pumped the tire up but it lost air in two hours. sad! still need to fix that one too, so the hardtail is out of commission for now. the roadie life has been treating me good though since summer has been around and i've been riding around 100 miles a week, which is usually about as much as i'll do when i'm not training for anything.

Offline JP

« Reply #778 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 07:47:17 »
very well sorted bike. you have all the right bits! in other news, i got annoyed with tubeless this week. i took my roadie out on a nice long 70 mile ride and mixed in some rocky fire trail up in marin as well...bike was fine. the next day i was pedaling a mile to my friend's house in the city and flatted on the way there, made a little puddle of sealant on the ground and the hole didn't seal. time for new tires. i got the new tires the other day but i'm still having a hell of a time removing the damn tubeless tire. i can't even get the tire to the middle of the wheel well. my last resort is cutting the tire which i'll probably do if i don't fix it up in another few days. good thing i have a backup wheel on deck, and it's a roval clx40 too. my other tubeless headache was converting my mtb wheel to tubeless, a stan's ztr crest wheel. taped up the rim and loaded in the sealant, pumped the tire up but it lost air in two hours. sad! still need to fix that one too, so the hardtail is out of commission for now. the roadie life has been treating me good though since summer has been around and i've been riding around 100 miles a week, which is usually about as much as i'll do when i'm not training for anything.

I felt like going tubeless was going to be too much of a headache but I most likely would consider that route if I get into riding gravel or other off-road trails. So when you got that flat you had to walk back since you couldn't get the tire off to run with a tube? It sucks having a bike down. I need to do a full tuneup on my old 10 speed and need to upgrade / revise my single speed or sell it and get something else.

Offline JP

« Reply #779 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 08:15:11 »
Neat demo of the Brompton folding bike and factory tour. These look fun but they are expensive.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #780 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 19:25:45 »
Bringing this thread back in style with a new bike day! This bike is like a rocket ship. Accelerates super quick and I feel a lot more efficient at holding high speeds. I'm pretty out of shape right now but it felt like any effort I put down translated to speed like no effort was wasted. Such a sublime feeling I've not felt before in a bike. Also the steering is way more responsive than I'm used to but not in a bad way. I also rode with SPD clip in pedals for the first time and did not fall over despite a lot of stop and go.

(Attachment Link)

Gold chain because bling.
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

sweet chain 😎

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline JP

« Reply #781 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 21:05:43 »

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #782 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 10:07:23 »
Yah Bikes!
I need to get a new fork for my Butt Ugly Single Speed Bianchi. Any suggestions for cheap Ridgid 26" forks with decent tire clearance for for medium wide bois?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline atarione

« Reply #783 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 13:13:07 »
new bars and grips for the Trance Advanced 2 .. deity highside 760 50mm rise and deity knuckleduster grips

221968-0

Offline JP

« Reply #784 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 13:52:23 »
new bars and grips for the Trance Advanced 2 .. deity highside 760 50mm rise and deity knuckleduster grips

(Attachment Link)

Do any sweet jumps?

Offline JP

« Reply #785 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 17:16:16 »
I just got this awesome little air pump. It's only 7 inches long which fits perfectly in my seat bag. My other one was a lot longer and couldn't do both valve type. No need for co2 canisters with this one.

222040-0

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #786 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 01:51:50 »
I just got this awesome little air pump. It's only 7 inches long which fits perfectly in my seat bag. My other one was a lot longer and couldn't do both valve type. No need for co2 canisters with this one.

(Attachment Link)

That looks nice! I still have a Lezyne micro floor pump, which is pretty OK but not as small as this one!

I got my first part for my Surly Big Dummy build:

« Last Edit: Thu, 25 July 2019, 01:58:18 by madhias »
... ...

Offline JP

« Reply #787 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 08:04:00 »
That looks nice! I still have a Lezyne micro floor pump, which is pretty OK but not as small as this one!

I got my first part for my Surly Big Dummy build:

Show Image

Nice. Keyboards + Bike stuff  :thumb:

I have a full size floor pump that I normally use and this small pump is one I hope to never use. I did put it through it's paces though. I stopped to help a stranded cyclist and pumped up a large mountain bike tire. Only a few hundred pumps to do the job lol.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #788 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 09:57:22 »
I have a full size floor pump that I normally use and this small pump is one I hope to never use. I did put it through it's paces though. I stopped to help a stranded cyclist and pumped up a large mountain bike tire. Only a few hundred pumps to do the job lol.

Ha, same for me: I think I used it never so far, and have bought it *checkmail* 2012. When I had a flat, I forgot the small pump at home. The full size one I am using was the second cheapest one – once I had a premium SKS steel floor pump, which was expensive and very cool, but it was stolen from the basement :(
... ...

Offline Vireca

« Reply #789 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 10:31:02 »

(Attachment Link)

How it works? I'm thinking to buy this pump for emergencies and because I think it's the only one able to fit in my saddle bag (max length its around 18cm). I read somewhere that this pumps with the hose usually overheat while pumping and you need to stop and let it cool down, otherwise you are not able to continue inflating the tyre. Any experience with this?

Offline JP

« Reply #790 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 11:55:50 »
How it works? I'm thinking to buy this pump for emergencies and because I think it's the only one able to fit in my saddle bag (max length its around 18cm). I read somewhere that this pumps with the hose usually overheat while pumping and you need to stop and let it cool down, otherwise you are not able to continue inflating the tyre. Any experience with this?

I never had that problem. Maybe with higher psi requirements and on a really hot day. If such as problem occurs let things cool and then continue on. I only have to go up to 80 psi on my road bike tires and I pumped up a mountain bike tire which was lower psi but much more volume than a road bike tire.

Also it was just about the only one that fits in my saddle bag. The person I helped with a flat only had co2, probably because that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

I bought mine here:
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/topeak-race-rocket-hp-pump/rp-prod74898

Offline Vireca

« Reply #791 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 12:53:09 »

I never had that problem. Maybe with higher psi requirements and on a really hot day. If such as problem occurs let things cool and then continue on. I only have to go up to 80 psi on my road bike tires and I pumped up a mountain bike tire which was lower psi but much more volume than a road bike tire.

Also it was just about the only one that fits in my saddle bag. The person I helped with a flat only had co2, probably because that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

I bought mine here:
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/topeak-race-rocket-hp-pump/rp-prod74898

Yeah... Now people use co2. Its smaller and lighter than a pump but when you are with a heavy flat, with 0 air in the tyre there is no co2 that help you. And if you have to put a chamber GL trying to inflate it with co2. For me a pump its a 1 time buy and use endless

Offline Sniping

« Reply #792 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 15:11:30 »
i use co2 for the road bike and hand pump on the mtb

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline JP

« Reply #794 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 10:17:01 »
Did my first century ride yesterday  ;D

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #795 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 14:05:15 »
Nice one :cool:

I also did 100 recently, although it was kilometers :))

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #796 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 17:32:36 »

(Attachment Link)
Non-stop?

Offline JP

« Reply #797 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 11:48:24 »
Nice one :cool:

I also did 100 recently, although it was kilometers :))

Nice, that's a proper metric century.

(Attachment Link)
Non-stop?

Very brief stops. About halfway I stopped at a convenience store to fill my water bottles. I basically went through a bottle an hour. One quick stop when nature called and another to enjoy a snack. Also had to pull completely off the road numerous times so I didn't get ran over and walk uphill a bit where it was too steep for me to even clip back in to my pedals. The scenery was so amazing but literally had no time to spare as I started later in the afternoon which wasn't the best idea. I was chasing the sun the second half of the ride a bit worried I would be stuck on the roads at night. Fortunately I was only had just a few miles left when it got dark.

Offline iri

« Reply #798 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 13:35:55 »

(Attachment Link)
i'd die
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #799 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 14:05:10 »
Very busy with studies atm.