Author Topic: [IC] Donno cables in Europe  (Read 4949 times)

Offline DonnyD

[IC] Donno cables in Europe
« on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 13:12:21 »
Hello everyone !!
IC Form !!
This IC is for simple, custom hand-made straight cables from Europe.

About the cables:
•   Gold-plated connectors
•   24 AWG cable with drain wire (no foil shield this time, but i am considering)
•   550 paracord
•   Techflex/ MDPCX double sleeving
•   Heatshrink without glue for cleaner look

Shipping:
For current situation in the world, i will only be shipping in EU, because local post office stated that delays can be up to 10 weeks for international shipping. Delays in europe can be about 1 week.
Shipping will be free (included in cable price), and 5-10 $/ € extra for international when it will become available.

Price:
For 1.5 m/ 5 ft. cable i am looking for 20 € , which includes shipping. Starting at 0.5m for 16 € , any additional 0.5 m will increase price by 2 € .

Why another cable maker ?:
Mainly because i like making stuff. Making cables also pleases my OCD as it is pretty involved, atention and detail seeking job. I would also like to give something to keyboard community by offering cables in europe, where competition is much less than in CONUS region.

Current status:
For now i have already made 18 cables (9 x red paracord/ clear techflex and 9x black paracord/ clear techflex as seen on IC form). These are ready to ship, and for first run it will be 17 each (with shippin included).

Future plans: If feedback is mostly possitive and i will sell most of my cables, i plan to expand as fast as my finances will allow. I am considering changing from 24 AWG with drain wire cable to 28 AWG with drain wire and foil shield cable. Let me know if i should. I dont plan increasing price, even when packaging and quality increases. Detachable connectors and coiled cables are in the works, but quality is not up to par with competition for now.

Offline BirgusLatro

Re: [IC] Donno cables in Europe
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 23:13:14 »
price seems good, please show some pictures of your work

Offline Lenux

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 03:57:15 »
Really interesting, if black aviator will be a possibility i would love it. Also if you can choose colors that will be nice. Anyways, GLWIC !

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Offline Sck

• oof
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 15:24:20 »
Would love to see some pictures of your work.
We could really need some more makers in EU tbh.

Offline yui

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 06:43:36 »
looking forward to seeing what happen with this, although about the future cables, i feel like although the signal quality would be better, for keyboard that mostly only use USB2 shielding is overkill, and may make the cable stiffer, and that i feel would be a downgrade, softer cables are better. although you are the pro here and if you find shielded cable that is not stiffer and does not increase the price that would be the best possible outcome.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline harlekein

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 07:20:30 »
Would love to see some pictures of your work.
We could really need some more makers in EU tbh.

Seconding this.