Author Topic: Greetings from Brazil!  (Read 2400 times)

Offline KBDan

Greetings from Brazil!
« on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 12:54:04 »
Hello fellow keeb aficionados!

Only recently I bought my first mechanical keyboard (a full size brown switch Redragon - don't judge me) and got instantly hooked.

It didn't take long for me to go out and get me a second one (blue switch, Redragon as well  :))).

Realizing I had to do some more research before going deeper down the rabbit hole, I started to participate in online communities like Reddit and here I am.

Looking forward to learn more and more and hopefully take part on a groupbuy sometime. Also, thinking about putting together a custom 60% keeb, wooden case, some kind of retro keycaps and Aliaz silent 70g switches.

Keep on keebing!

Offline nyry43

Re: Greetings from Brazil!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 12:59:17 »
Welcome KBDan!

Which do you prefer between the brown and blue switches?

I'd be really interested to see that 60% when its done. I have one with a wooden case and love it!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 12:44:27 »
Welcome :)

Brasil represent :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 18:02:48 »
Redragons are popular in Brazil. I see people asking about them on forums. They are one of the more affordable keyboards directly available in-country.

(I bought a K552 with blue switches as a lark, it's fun to show to friends).

Offline KBDan

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 19:19:51 »
Welcome :)

Brasil represent :cool:
woop woop  :cool:

Redragons are popular in Brazil. I see people asking about them on forums. They are one of the more affordable keyboards directly available in-country.

(I bought a K552 with blue switches as a lark, it's fun to show to friends).
You nailed it! That's the same one I have. It's tough here, all the importing taxes and fees make this hobby so complicated for us. Like everything else that relies on imported goods, I guess (how about that super exquisite artisan cap that is only made in Thailand? Probably not happening  :-[).

Welcome KBDan!

Which do you prefer between the brown and blue switches?

I'd be really interested to see that 60% when its done. I have one with a wooden case and love it!

I LOVE the tactile and sound feeback from the blues, plus the extra space I get from the TKL layout is heaven for gaming.
I do like the browns as well, but the full size layout can be annoying sometimes when playing my CS:GO and I just wish the switches were a bit heavier for typing.

The custom kb project is probably take a while, specially considering how slow our customs and parcel delivery services are around here. Also dat ca$h flyiiiiiiing away lol. But I am excited!!!