Author Topic: First Post - New Acquisition  (Read 1118 times)

Offline ClarusWorks

First Post - New Acquisition
« on: Sun, 14 February 2010, 10:40:08 »
I've been lurking here for a while, deciding on a new keyboard for myself.  I own 2 IBM Model Ms (one 1391401 that's about 10 months newer than me, and an 82G2383 from about '94).  They're great, but big, and the lack of PS/2 ports on modern computers can make them cumbersome to use.

I ended up buying a Unicomp Spacesaver, and so far it's been great.  It sits nicely on my laptop so I can use it instead of the laptop's keyboard (which I've had to replace 3 times since I got my computer).  The sales experience with Unicomp was great, they shipped tuesday afternoon, and the keyboard was in Pittsburgh by Thursday (but I didn't get it until Friday because UPS was (justifiably) afraid of the snow).

Pics to come soon, I'm an amateur photographer working on a degree in computer engineering, so I'm sorely tempted to send some of the pictures to Unicomp to replace the blurry product shot on their website.

Offline ClarusWorks

First Post - New Acquisition
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 February 2010, 10:59:04 »
yeah, don't think I'll be modding this thing just yet, it's still under warranty and I figure the moment I do that a cold solder joint in the controller or something will make itself evident.  So far, my friends understand it (some of them didn't even realize you could buy a shiny new USB Model M), but a couple of my roommates really do not approve, so I've been doing most of my typing in my bedroom.