Author Topic: Just received my Fico tenkeyless :)  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Iceman

Just received my Fico tenkeyless :)
« on: Fri, 16 April 2010, 16:10:58 »
Got my new Filco tenkeyless with cherry blues today and I love it! The smaller form factor is nice especially as it gives me more room for my mouse. Because of this I'm no longer bumping into my pc case with my mouse (happened more so while gaming with my 104 key Filco) Strangely the blues in my tenkeyless feel just a bit more stiff than the blues in my 104 key Filco ever did, which is not a bad thing. Also, it's probably going to take a day or two to adjust to the absence of the numpad but I don't see it being a big issue. So far I'm a happy man. Let's just hope it lasts longer than my 104 key Filco did.

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 April 2010, 16:37:07 »
Pretty normal for the most part, the switches need a break in period in some cases.

If it's particularly bad you can use some force to tap the key repeatedly to the bottom for around a minute. And it should clear any obstructions or loosen it up a bit.

I guess you must have gotten used to the more loosened up rather than newer feeling.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 April 2010, 16:39:20 »
There was a discussion about this a few days ago, I think most people reckoned that the Blues get better with wear... they lose some of their friction-yness.

Offline Iceman

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 April 2010, 16:39:56 »
Quote from: Arc'xer;172805
Pretty normal for the most part, the switches need a break in period in some cases.

If it's particularly bad you can use some force to tap the key repeatedly to the bottom for around a minute. And it should clear any obstructions or loosen it up a bit.

I guess you must have gotten used to the more loosened up rather than newer feeling.

There's no binding or anything. The keys just feel slightly more stiff

Offline Iceman

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 April 2010, 17:01:59 »
Quote from: ripster;172812
Congrats!  Yeah, they will break in quicky.  Less than a week.

Thanks! I was wondering when you'd make an appearance. :D

Offline Iceman

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 April 2010, 18:05:06 »
Quote from: ripster;172838
You sound like my mom.

LOL the accent reminds me of Stuart's mother

>
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">[/youtube]