Author Topic: [IC] SP DSA Vegas Nights! | New Base Kit+Renders (Big Boards+40s) | New IC Form  (Read 6340 times)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙

WELCOME and thank you for checking out this set!
Please fill out the interest check form here!

DSA Vegas Nights is a Signature Plastics DSA project using Trashcons and features solo numerical keys and alpha mods. Originally headed by Hedgey, he graciously handed this set to me to finish. Being Vegas born myself, I absolutely loved the set as it really captured that in-your-face attitude of Vegas Neon. Well, after over a year of dragging my feet, here it is with the attention it deserves.

This set will be manufactured by Signature Plastics, using their uniform profile DSA.

This set will be using the larger Gorton alphas, as seen on DSS Sol Dark and DSA Paperwork.

DSA Vegas Nights uses these stock SP colors:

GB
YCE OAS RCS RCU BFQ

KITTING

This set now has a more inclusive all in one base kit that supports large boards. I feel this is where kitting in the hobby is going, and want to ensure this is as successful and reaches as many people as possible.

This base set will include support for as many 40s as possible, while going all the way up to TKL, and also includes 5 card suite "novelty" keys.

Further split bars include support for Corne, most split 1.75u, and 3u. Note that SP currently does not support convex small bars, so these will all be DSA. There is no 6u bar because SP doesn't have the right kind. It's also where the ISO keys are located. Please fill out the IC form if you would like to see them moved!

This is a numpad that I wanted to make sure looked great on it's own and was still able to be identified as Vegas Nights, hence it having its own gradient.

RENDERS

Wednesday XT

Porbeagle by Doof

V4n4g0n by Trash Man

Locus by Soft

More to come later!

VENDORS

DSA Vegas Nights has landed six WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL vendors!

NA: Thockeys!
EU: Keygem!
UK: Prototypist!
CA: Deskhero!
Asia: Zfrontier!
OCE: Allcaps!

COLLABS

To be updated soon!

Q AND A

Sooooo what's next?
Next we are waiting on quotes and an appropriate time to run the set! Please follow along the thread as we get updates!

Will this have Minivan support?
No. (yes)

Will you be including support for alternative layouts?
Unfortunately likely not since with the gradient many keys would have to change.

Will the novelties from the old IC come back?
Probably not. I fell in love with the idea of doing the card suites since they can easily be plopped in anywhere, and are just subtle enough to stay on theme but add some variety. I hope you guys like them too!

Deskmats or other collaborations?
Maybe! I've got a few ideas just gotta get them going or get them comissioned. As far as collabs, yea I'm down, please contact me if that's something you would like to do!

Why Trashcons?
This is something I had to wrangle with myself a bit. I'm not the biggest fan of icon mods, but I really feel like Trashcons and full icon mods lend themselves to the neon glow that this set is aiming for.

The pricing was available at the beginning for Historic, where is it here?
Since I want to have more than an NA vendor, pricing gets a little tricky. Expect it early on in the IC still, but I wasn't able to price it at the very start with this one.

THANKS!

Hedgey! for giving this project to me and wanting to be involved and help out with feedback throughout the whole way, even when it went cold. It's an absolute honor.
Society & Zetina for these radical renders, mucking through the issues we had with trashcons and being a total professional getting these to me.
TheBlackHammer & Matt for helping me get the right trashcons to use for this set.
Soft for always being avail to give some good advice. Seriously one of the most enlightening, critical, and kind individuals in this hobby.
The 40's community for always being around to give great feedback, make interesting boards that keep me around in the hobby, and generally being a great place to kill time discussing crap.
#kb-customs for iunno
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 July 2022, 14:58:16 by Kokaloo »

Offline DirtyGingy

Re: [IC] SP DSA Vegas Nights!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 00:32:30 »
Now, I'm not saying you should change profiles or anything, but DSS does need more love

honestly, a fun set though. But **** that town. Great to visit, but never live there.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 01:32:41 »
Now, I'm not saying you should change profiles or anything, but DSS does need more love

honestly, a fun set though. But **** that town. Great to visit, but never live there.

I'm the DSA man what can I say someone's gotta be

Offline ggggggg

• schmeiί die forties durch den club
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 08:19:30 »
Is this using the bolder legends from red velvet?

Offline Blind_Panda

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 09:58:02 »
+1 for Red Velvet thicc alphas

Practically a must-use for any trashcon set IMO

Offline opsecpanda

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 11:22:54 »
+1 +1 for thicc Velvet alphas. Juicy Vegas colors baybeee

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 11:26:36 »
+1 for Red Velvet thicc alphas
Practically a must-use for any trashcon set IMO

Agreed. Always thought that the alpha's weight was off - this is much more pleasing. Color saturation of the legends is pretty pleasing & well-balanced. Fun yet tasteful - nice.

* Considering this set pending price

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 13:35:36 »
Regarding using the thicker alphas, I think it's a great idea! I wanna use trash mods as I feel they lean into the neon-ness that the set is going for. Not too sure if they made some molds for the numbers tho, so I'll have to see about that.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 June 2022, 14:02:16 by Kokaloo »

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 23:43:33 »
Hot. :cool:

I’m not usually a fan of icon mods, but with the colour scheme and theme I can 100% agree they look best here.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Bonsa

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 02:49:51 »
Great set, glad to see it back! An extra +1 for thicker alpha legends here :)
If you find an EU vendor I'll seriously consider picking this up.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 20:31:27 »
Love the color choices.
Icon mods 100% fits on this theme.  :thumb:

Offline ocean.setups

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 11:33:27 »
Very nice colors :-)

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 15:37:19 »
Let's ****ing go!!!!

So excited to see this thing finally come to life in such a good way.  Super stoked for you dude!
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline catamscott

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 21:08:56 »
very good looking set, and great seeing DSA getting some love  :thumb:

Offline zhol

• zhol
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 19:30:35 »
i don't know the tone of the simppost other people are expecting me to take but this looks nice and i hope to buy it soon
i'm zhol

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Friendly bump for new base kit, renders, vendors, and IC form! Please fill it out here!
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 July 2022, 22:35:23 by Kokaloo »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
This one is still moving along, got quotes back and discussing pricing with all the vendors and setting up dates. Likely going to see some changes to the numpad kit specifically, so stay tuned and thanks for all the support so far!

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
deleted
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 July 2022, 16:19:49 by ankit-sachdeva »
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline Dmitri

when GB and why is the spacebar kit flat?
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 May 2023, 12:26:23 by Dmitri »

Offline TerraKeycaps

Yesss. Will there be a deskmat?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
this set is on hold until i win the lottery and am capable of buying out moq myself