Author Topic: [IC] Siso keyset (on hold)  (Read 72344 times)

Offline ntitco1

Re: [IC] Siso keyset (new mockups)
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 01:33:07 »
Would really love a 1.25x Fn.  Many, if not most, 60% boards use that.

I think MAR said he intended to have 1.25x Fn. As u can see there are 2 1x Fn in the mockups, it should be fixed later, dont worry.

Btw can we have R1 cherry key? Would love to put a delicious cherry on my Esc :P
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2015, 01:36:54 by ntitco1 »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 07:25:43 »
The RGB legends in the original design gives it a very subtle and elegant modernism to the set. Even if it requires to buy additional subsets it would be worth every penny. I just hope that, at the end, the set has been manufactured of high quality materials and processes, ideally GMK or JT. The design deserves it.

Offline swaqqqmaster

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 12:41:57 »
This set would be an insta-buy for me.
FC660C | b.Face | VA87M | V60

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 15:13:58 »
The RGB legends in the original design gives it a very subtle and elegant modernism to the set. Even if it requires to buy additional subsets it would be worth every penny. I just hope that, at the end, the set has been manufactured of high quality materials and processes, ideally GMK or JT. The design deserves it.
Agreed
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline archer

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 14:47:18 »
+1... if GMK or JT, I'm in for a set, maybe 2... if SP, meh.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 05:19:30 »
I'm very interested in this :)
Any chance of 2 blank caps being offered to replace the windows keys?

Offline braidn

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:07:54 »
Definitely reminds me of Dolche plus Pulse which is super cool. Even better with the non standard kit for us weirdos

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:15:19 »
I really would like to get one of these sets if it were either GMK, or JT. Just be sure to get the modifiers legends and some of the number row fixed.

Offline ntitco1

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:57:37 »
Definitely reminds me of Dolche plus Pulse which is super cool. Even better with the non standard kit for us weirdos
Agreed. I mean, who could ever resist a sky blue dolch?  :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:21:30 »
Agreed. I mean, who could ever resist a sky blue dolch?  :))

Sky Blue Dolch, I like that. It is more attractive than SISO.

Offline Frigid

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 23:13:47 »
This, Snes or Hana, an epic race for sure.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 23:49:52 »

If Hana ever moves forward :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 07:46:25 »
GMK and SP made caps are in different leagues; thus, only GMK made sets may compare in between, in terms of quality and finish. I'd say that only SNES and SISO may be compared if they are made by GMK after all.

Offline Frigid

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:09:10 »

If Hana ever moves forward :(

I pray someone takes the idea and runs with it. Not steal it, just go from there.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Re: [IC] Siso keyset (on hold)
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 03:10:18 »
Hi guys I've seen that this thread is getting some more interest as of the past few days, so I just wanted to give you all some updates on the IC.

As of now the set and kits are more or less final. However I'm sure somethings might have to change depending on the manufacture.

On the subject of manufactures:
- Signature Plastics DCS could be an option, but most of you (myself included) are not a big fan of their thickness and quality.
- GMK would be nice. However with the number of extra keys for options that would be needed would make hitting MOQ really hard. Also because of work I don't really have the time to take care of a GMK GB by myself.
- JTK; when I started this IC I asked Bunny if it would be possible to run this GB with JTK. He told me that they weren't taking any custom GB orders as of yet. Also JTK is not offering ISO Enter keys in the new Counter Strike and Coca Cola sets, so there would be missing keys.

Just be sure to get the modifiers legends and some of the number row fixed.
I know I need to fix the 1.25u Fn key, but what's wrong with the modifiers and number row?

I'm very interested in this :)
Any chance of 2 blank caps being offered to replace the windows keys?
All depending on who the manufacture will be, but I'm sure we might be able to do something for people that don't use Windows or don't like the Windows version 1 logo.

Sky Blue Dolch, I like that. It is more attractive than SISO.
Sorry the name is here to stay.
It's not why I picked it, but if it makes you feel better Siso means Wisdom in Portuguese. When I was told what it meant, I thought it was fitting with this clean looking set.

So as of now, the IC is still going to be on hold until I have more time or someone to help me with GMK, JTK starts taking custom GB orders, or there is enough interest in SP DCS.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I have already started working on another clean looking set based off of a keyboard from the mid to late 80s. However because of the legends I think it will have to be made with SP DCS dye-sub caps. I hope you'll all like it when it's ready :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:24:34 »
It seems that this will be on hold, unless going with SP, or if someone takes the lead to run a GMK buy. I hope this set ends being a GMK one.

SISO as the name for the set is OK, I just was commenting on someone else remark.

Regarding the legends what I referred to was some comments on JT legends in the debut sets that shown some irregularities.

Offline Lepidus

Re: [IC] Siso keyset (on hold)
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:32:38 »
It's not why I picked it, but if it makes you feel better Siso means Wisdom in Portuguese.

Er... does it? The only siso I know are those teeth that grow on the back of your mouth and almost everybody has to remove.  :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:34:22 by Lepidus »

Offline malaik0

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:05:20 »
I love this colors, blue and grey its my color match :) (already have calm depths)...

the colors of this IC its a bit like IC dusk (or dusk its a little like siso) that are 2 IC right now with this colors and IC dusk will be in SA profile, so i hope this will be GMK, or JTK to have my interest  ;)

yeah means wisdom but nobody knows it xD ...will be a teeth keyset  ;D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:10:03 »
Truth be told, if this set ends not being GMK, I may have a hard time deciding if I should join it.

Offline neverused

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:19:48 »
I love this colors, blue and grey its my color match :) (already have calm depths)...

the colors of this IC its a bit like IC dusk (or dusk its a little like siso) that are 2 IC right now with this colors and IC dusk will be in SA profile, so i hope this will be GMK, or JTK to have my interest  ;)

yeah means wisdom but nobody knows it xD ...will be a teeth keyset  ;D
I much prefer this over the Dusk set

Offline malaik0

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:30:57 »
i like both...and if one go SA and other GMK I think both would succeed (i would have my interest on both :thumb:)...DCS will be hard :(

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
[IC] Siso keyset (new mockups)
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:35:19 »
One reason I think we should try hard for GMK is bc this set would mix well with so many other recent sets:  Dolch, Hyperfuse, Skidata, and maybe even could look cool with TA alphas.

Edit: if you include 2x 1.25 u blanks that would take care of non-Windows and 60% Fn key users (well I guess not people who are both but maybe that's a quite small group?).
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:37:11 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline neverused

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:06:18 »
Please don't do SA, it's been done to death recently

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:38:33 »

+1000 though Elrick will hate you :D
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline neverused

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:22:26 »

+1000 though Elrick will hate you :D
I do love his passion for the profile and think it looks awesome, but not everything in life needs to be SA.

Offline slushi

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 12:55:32 »
I'm with Ideus. I would definitely join if it were GMK but would be iffy if it was otherwise.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #176 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 13:04:45 »
I would probably buy these if they were GMK. I have a set of SA caps on the way, but nothing GMK yet.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 15:14:09 »
No updates yet, but I had to take this picture  :rolleyes:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 18:28:21 »
This set will get interest from people that need ISO. Keep it moving.

8)

Offline lashiel

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 03:12:18 »
Just chipping in to say that this would be an auto buy for me if it were GMK. Love these colors to death. So hopefully someone can step in to help MAR :)

...just maybe not until next year. My wallet needs a chance to recover.

Offline E3E

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 04:20:23 »
Just chipping in to say that this would be an auto buy for me if it were GMK. Love these colors to death. So hopefully someone can step in to help MAR :)

Yeah, JTK should jump on this, seriously. It's more interesting (in my most humble of opinions) than what they have going on right now, though their way of promoting those sets is quite interesting.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 07:25:39 »

Yeah, JTK should jump on this, seriously. It's more interesting (in my most humble of opinions) than what they have going on right now, though their way of promoting those sets is quite interesting.

JTK is not taking custom orders just yet, they have said so already, it appears they have their own pipeline of upcoming colors and sets, that put them out of consideration for special sets like this.

Offline E3E

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 19:05:37 »

JTK is not taking custom orders just yet, they have said so already, it appears they have their own pipeline of upcoming colors and sets, that put them out of consideration for special sets like this.

Yes, I am aware of this. Which I find to be a little silly, since I don't find their current sets all that stimulating, especially since they have no community feedback from what I can see, unlike traditional cap GBs. But hey, it is what it is. Hyperfuse is pretty cool and a classic CTRL ALT set, so they might run that eventually. Maybe they are limited on colors for now.

I think this set would do well if they ran it, but the procedure might be a complicated mess.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 23:15:55 »

Yes, I am aware of this. Which I find to be a little silly, since I don't find their current sets all that stimulating, especially since they have no community feedback from what I can see, unlike traditional cap GBs. But hey, it is what it is. Hyperfuse is pretty cool and a classic CTRL ALT set, so they might run that eventually. Maybe they are limited on colors for now.

I think this set would do well if they ran it, but the procedure might be a complicated mess.

You should try to contact them, who knows, maybe the color combination gets their attention.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 05:00:50 »
If you want it to be GMK and can't run it yourself, why not go with Massdrop? I didn't read further back so maybe I missed some reason as to why, but I believe they can help you run the set with an even larger audience and have a greater chance at hitting MOQ.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 10:58:49 »
If you want it to be GMK and can't run it yourself, why not go with Massdrop? I didn't read further back so maybe I missed some reason as to why, but I believe they can help you run the set with an even larger audience and have a greater chance at hitting MOQ.

Nobody really likes MD...
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 11:03:42 »
Nice set, I REALLY like that it has the ability to swap capslock and ctrl.  So many sets have a larger control option but no small capslock.. I do that with all my boards so it's nice to have keycaps that match. 
It's a longshot but of course I've got to ask.. Linux key? Pretty please?
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 11:06:14 by cryptokey »
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline Homenubbie

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 12:11:17 »

Why?  Prices?

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 17:18:13 »

Compared to what? 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 18:48:49 »

I have no qualms with them.

Offline E3E

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:14:22 »

I have no qualms with them.

Massdrop is swell in my book! Their shipping might be a bit high and I sometimes question their prices versus the original prices of products that were/are originally on TaoBao, but they're a pretty okay business and are a good place to go if you don't want to handle all the overhead in certain aspects of a group buy, I'd imagine.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #191 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:15:49 »
Just be aware that MD has dropped shipping to some countries. ConUS will be OK, of course.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 01:06:53 »

Compared to what?

People run groupbuys themselves too...
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline KoalaKaiser

• I make onions cry.
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 00:33:18 »
I would gladly support this set with my life.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 21:22:40 »
I would gladly support this set with my life.

Save your life, support the set with your money.

Offline KoalaKaiser

• I make onions cry.
« Reply #195 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:31:44 »
Fair enough, but if it comes down to it, I shall give at least a kidney for it.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:39:07 »
Do we have any idea when we will be seeing this?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline KoalaKaiser

• I make onions cry.
« Reply #197 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 21:05:47 »
Do we have any idea when we will be seeing this?

I hope by February! I love it.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 14:56:00 »
At the end of the day this being on MD with always have more exposure seeing as they send out newsletters and have other drops that may bait people into seeing this. I personally like MD and haven't had any real issues.

GMK and MD would be my vote for doing this. Keeping it just on here and being GMK will be a challenge. I can't think of any GMK sets that passed  MOQ this year that have not had a storefront, but just a normal post and made MOQ.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 14:59:35 »
At the end of the day this being on MD with always have more exposure seeing as they send out newsletters and have other drops that may bait people into seeing this. I personally like MD and haven't had any real issues.

GMK and MD would be my vote for doing this. Keeping it just on here and being GMK will be a challenge. I can't think of any GMK sets that passed  MOQ this year that have not had a storefront, but just a normal post and made MOQ.

Did Miami Nights have a storefront?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)