Author Topic: [IC] GMK Christmas - Colour change update  (Read 9287 times)

Offline fatboycarney

[IC] GMK Christmas - Colour change update
« on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 21:50:17 »

I would like to introduce the community to my first keycap set, GMK Christmas. Of course I don't need to go into a big explanation about the theme but suffice it to say it is one of my favourite times of the year. Our family makes a big deal about decorating our entire house and I thought why not my keyboard!!

Some major changes and updates and the feedback from the community. This set uses standard GMK colours R02, N7 and WS2

228213-0

Old renders and colors
More
Major Update: Based on some of the feedback and further discussions with some experts in the community some concerns came up. Based on this, revisions to the colours have been made to go with GMK
colours. This will allow to keep the MOQ low and hopefully allow us to make this set.
Colours
Alphas - WS2
Alpha Legends - R01
Mods - R01
Mod Legends - WS2
Accents - N7
Accents Legends - WS2

227662-1

This post might be a bit early but wanted to get a feeling on the communities thoughts on the set as I progress through this process. This community is amazing and I have already met some great people who are so willing to help and offer advice.

Kit and General Feedback

Review Feedback
Novelties
Kits
Premium Renders
Vendors

Special Thanks
While its early in my journey I already have some folks to thank for their early help and here's to hoping i get to work with them a lot more going forward

upas
abec13
onecreativemind

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2019, 21:41:15 by fatboycarney »

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK Christmas
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 21:51:06 »
Update Log

October 13th

A few updates.

#1 Based on the seasonality of this set and the fact that it would never make Christmas I will be slowing updates on this set for the next couple months. I have not quite on it as there are a number of great ideas, just going to focus on something that can move forward now, going to aim to have the GB in early spring to allow for Christmas delivery.

#2 Have a new option that I have been playing around with and I think i like this better. Sticking with GMK colors. More traditional red as I worry that the old red would be to burgundy.

Vote on the update here https://forms.gle/euSaG5TohrNTAHtZ7

228108-0

October 3rd: Feedback about Alpha Legend colour. Some testing done and new colour coming, new renders will be posted tonight

October 2nd: IC goes Live
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2019, 19:36:29 by fatboycarney »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 21:53:48 »
Coleverak?

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 21:59:53 »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 08:53:48 »
I have added a new Google form as I had some comments regarding the Alpha Legends colour. This is supposed to look Gold and based on the renders I thought it did a pretty good job but some thought it looked off so wanted to get a form going to see if this was an overall issue.

Thanks for the feedback thus far! keep it coming

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK Christmas - Colour change update
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 00:57:28 »
Major Colour update Please provide feedback at the google form found here https://forms.gle/mU3cEGGoBa6Vg68M8

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 01:33:29 »
Red legend alphas, now that's something I can dig compared to the yellow alphas that I felt got lost in the set

Looking forward to better renders :thumb:

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 03:27:21 »
So the real challenge for this set is creating novelties from the many different choices available. Immediately one Christmas Carol came to mind that would make the perfect set for anyone who has heard it before. May I suggest adding:

The 12 Days of Christmas
  • A Partridge In a Pear Tree
  • Two Turtle Doves
  • 3 French Hens
  • 4 Calling Birds
  • 5 Golden Rings!!!
  • 6 Geese a-laying
  • 7 Swans a-swimming
  • 8 Maids a-milking
  • 9 Ladies Dancing
  • 10 Lords a-leaping
  • 11 Pipers Piping
  • 12 Drummers Drumming

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 05:09:21 »
Didn't see the old colours but the current version definitely looks Christmas-y :thumb:

That's a lot of novelties Butterbeer - maybe the 12 lords could be an F row and the 4 birds arrows, but where else could you put them all?  Having loads of novelties would be very expensive too, sadly.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 10:40:27 »
So the real challenge for this set is creating novelties from the many different choices available. Immediately one Christmas Carol came to mind that would make the perfect set for anyone who has heard it before. May I suggest adding:

The 12 Days of Christmas
  • A Partridge In a Pear Tree
  • Two Turtle Doves
  • 3 French Hens
  • 4 Calling Birds
  • 5 Golden Rings!!!
  • 6 Geese a-laying
  • 7 Swans a-swimming
  • 8 Maids a-milking
  • 9 Ladies Dancing
  • 10 Lords a-leaping
  • 11 Pipers Piping
  • 12 Drummers Drumming

Great suggestion. Taking these into account for sure. Price is definitely a factor but maybe we can do 1 of these at least

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 20:17:02 »
Didn't see the old colours but the current version definitely looks Christmas-y :thumb:

That's a lot of novelties Butterbeer - maybe the 12 lords could be an F row and the 4 birds arrows, but where else could you put them all?  Having loads of novelties would be very expensive too, sadly.

It's a total of 12 keys for a novelty set. Ideally to fill the F-row.

Options for design
  • A single image of each Gift regardless of the count in the Carole (e.g. one drummer drumming)
  • Each Gift visually represented with the number of objects (e.g. twelve drummers drumming)
  • A single image of each Gift along with a number

Images shown above are not mine and I do not own the rights for use.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2019, 20:18:33 by Butterbeer »

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 20:35:09 »

It's a total of 12 keys for a novelty set. Ideally to fill the F-row.

Options for design
  • A single image of each Gift regardless of the count in the Carole (e.g. one drummer drumming)
  • Each Gift visually represented with the number of objects (e.g. twelve drummers drumming)
  • A single image of each Gift along with a number

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Images shown above are not mine and I do not own the rights for use.

Hope you find a way to work it out. This would be amazing! Especially love the first and third images that butterbeer posted for inspiration!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 11:37:15 »
Appreciate the novelty feedback and all the info Butterbeer, going to have to think this one over on how best to approach.

Possibly this could be an additional novelty set as I would also like to include some traditional novelties as well. Keep the suggestions coming!!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 19:38:48 »
Update:Form has been removed as the response has been very helpful and another direction is the clear choice

More
Hi All,

Added some updates to the 2nd post and have updated the google form for more feedback on colors and style

https://forms.gle/euSaG5TohrNTAHtZ7

Thanks for the feedback
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2019, 21:54:07 by fatboycarney »