Author Topic: I finally have MY endgame.  (Read 3749 times)

Offline VaporKeebs

I finally have MY endgame.
« on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 04:06:10 »

I've built 20 boards now including this one. First board was a budget build TM680 that put me at $120. Ive built custom acrylic stacked kits like the Nom60 (two of them) to higher end cases like the Link65 or Space65. From TKLs like the Tai-Chi GG86 to sub40s like the Brane Minus. I've build the LW-67, PhaseOne65, Aozora, and Command65 to the ID67, 5Degree, and random no name plastic cases.

I needed a case for my dream keycaps; GMK Analog Dreams. A member in a group I am part of posted up a Class65 v1 for sale. The case color looked like it might match the analog dream alphas and the seller was selling 2 PCBs, one with switches already soldered and for an insane price. So I hopped on that. Luckily I was quick because a few others hit up the seller after I did. I opted to use the millmaxed PCB that was set to a split backspace and 7u spacebar. First time having both of those on a board for me.

I used to think I needed a knob on my board to be endgame. I always knew it would be roughly a 65%. I didn't realize how much I would love a split backspace and a longboi spacebar. But wow.

This board has truly become my endgame. Aesthetically I absolutely love it. I could stare at it all day. And it feels so fun to type on. So clacky yet so smooth. I am still playing around with the exact configuration I prefer. Right now I have some Boba u4t switches on a pom plate. But I have some JWICK Taros that feel like a dream. I plan to put those in and add a layer of keebmat's PCB tape to see how the sound profile changes. For now, I am in love.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2023, 04:07:57 by VaporKeebs »