geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Kinesis Freestyle

(1/2) > >>

itlnstln:
Has anyone used a Kinesis Freestyle (or know what type of key switches it uses)?  I am looking for an ergonomic, tactile keyboard.  I love my two Model M's, but typing on them all day gives me wrist pain, so I am relegated to using a Microsoft Natural 4000.  I am trying to decide between the Kinesis and a Northgate Evolution.  Thanks!!!

JohnnyBoy:
Don't know if you've seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxH7Uith0tQ
It's an Advantage rather than a Freestyle.

bhtooefr:
itlnstln: I may be able to do a group buy on Model M15s, if buckling spring is your preferred flavor. ;)

There's this company, Shuayico, Ltd., that claims to have a BUNCH of used, working Model M15s, that they're selling in lots of 30.

I sent them a request for a quote, if/when I get that, I can give a price.

itlnstln:
bhtooefr:

The M15 sounds pretty tasty.  I think I have tried to get a quote from them before, but never heard back from them.  I would definately be interested if you can get your hands on some.

Johnnyboy:

I like tho sound of the Advantage.  If the Freestyle uses the same switches, I would be interested.

djones:

--- Quote from: itlnstln;5716 ---Has anyone used a Kinesis Freestyle (or know what type of key switches it uses)?  I am looking for an ergonomic, tactile keyboard.  I love my two Model M's, but typing on them all day gives me wrist pain, so I am relegated to using a Microsoft Natural 4000.  I am trying to decide between the Kinesis and a Northgate Evolution.  Thanks!!!
--- End quote ---

The advantage uses brown cherries, the freestyle I think uses rubber membrane keys. but be aware that ergonomic does not mean no wrist pain. I tried the advantage, and yes, it temporarily relieved wrist pains because I was typing with different muscles, but in the end, typing in any fixed position for extended period of time is bad for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version