geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Steezy60: Alps and SMK 60% PCB with split space support and more

<< < (2/15) > >>

d.caminero:
Very excited to see a project like this! I've been looking and hoping for a split spacebar pcb for ALPS for a long time.
Are you interested in running a GB? I'd take at least 2 pcb's since I have a few projects ongoing, but could use your gerber files if you don't want to run a GB.

Applet:

--- Quote from: d.caminero on Tue, 26 November 2019, 04:15:18 ---Very excited to see a project like this! I've been looking and hoping for a split spacebar pcb for ALPS for a long time.
Are you interested in running a GB? I'd take at least 2 pcb's since I have a few projects ongoing, but could use your gerber files if you don't want to run a GB.

--- End quote ---
Glad you like it  :D Gerbers and BOM will be up this weekend, there is a working QMK-port for it in my github, but it is a bit rough (just raw matrix, switches not in order like on the PCB). I'd be willing to run a GB in the beginning of next year if there is interest, at the moment I do not have the time for it unfortunately.

Before GB, I'd like to have had the time to try all the switch positions so all the layout options works as intended (with some exclusions where I do not have keycaps for it, like bae and BAE).

d.caminero:

--- Quote from: Applet on Tue, 26 November 2019, 04:23:18 ---Glad you like it  :D Gerbers and BOM will be up this weekend, there is a working QMK-port for it in my github, but it is a bit rough (just raw matrix, switches not in order like on the PCB). I'd be willing to run a GB in the beginning of next year if there is interest, at the moment I do not have the time for it unfortunately.

Before GB, I'd like to have had the time to try all the switch positions so all the layout options works as intended (with some exclusions where I do not have keycaps for it, like bae and BAE).

--- End quote ---

Fair enough! I think I could help you trying a BAE layout, although I should check if it's the "typical" BAE layout.
Anyway, I'm very interested in this :) Should you not make a GB I'd order some pcb's for myself :D

Applet:

--- Quote from: 4sStylZ on Mon, 25 November 2019, 03:23:17 ---Hi Applet. Curently there is no PCB for AEK2 ISO, I don’t know exactly why but this can be very cool to have this layout supported.

--- End quote ---
I looked a bit closer to the AEK 60% ISO, and I'll make a PCB for it soon, the problem is the tray mount mounting positions, you won't be able to use all the mounting positions in a standard tray mount case. I'll make a PCB tho, since it hopefully should work ok in a tray mount, and it is not an issue if using other mounts (for example this will need a custom plate for a top mount case, like TX60). I'll make a separate thread for that when I have something to show and discuss. The ISO AEK-keycaps are great, so it would be fun if people are able to use them without having to handwire.

--- Quote from: d.caminero on Wed, 27 November 2019, 02:42:08 ---Fair enough! I think I could help you trying a BAE layout, although I should check if it's the "typical" BAE layout.
Anyway, I'm very interested in this :) Should you not make a GB I'd order some pcb's for myself :D

--- End quote ---
Sounds good!

Applet:
I put up the gerbers and BOM etc today, let me know if you have questions or such

Current releases:
SMK: https://github.com/4pplet/Steezy60-SMK/releases/tag/B3
ALPS: https://github.com/4pplet/Steezy60-ALPS/releases/tag/A3

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version