geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Update 2023-06-30: PSA Regarding Mechs & Co and Vendor Group Buys

<< < (20/22) > >>

Rhienfo:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/15ut6fi/psa_project_keyboard_mechs_co_chargebacks_and/?share_id=tqma9NHPn7lq5_df_SxtE&utm_content=2&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1

New PSA and update for mech&co. Recommend reading the full thing but I will tldr it for each vendor

Project Keyboard - distinct lack of communication from project keyboard, especially it's owner. No updates on orders nor have items shipped. Owner of project keyboard hasn't been active on platforms as well. Mods are telling people to avoid project keyboard, if you have an open order, know your consumer rights which includes a charge back. They don't have the same data on which sets are paid/unpaid like mechs&co.

Mechs&co - they have been disputing chargebacks after their shopify has been reopened, including on projects that were not paid for/cancelled. Have also ignored cannonkeys saying that the would help fufil GMK terror below by not charging back existing customers. Info on the possible steps in the thread and mods will continue to press mechs&co for disputes.

Aetrernus - File a chargeback for this vendor if you still can, as communications have stopped since march 2023, some group buys/orders they ran the manu hasn't been paid and orders haven't been placed. People have tried to step in to at least fufill orders but the owner has no intention of helping or fulfilling orders.

Also the communication thing for project keyboard seems to track as I have not had a response on the email I sent, I'll update this thread if it changes and they respond.

skulls:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Fri, 11 August 2023, 22:07:17 ---also why call (reddit) aids? idk that's really weird to me
suggesting the retail model, that has literally worked for other vendors, isn't productive and realistic at all.

--- End quote ---

lmao

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: skulls on Thu, 31 August 2023, 22:19:17 ---
--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Fri, 11 August 2023, 22:07:17 ---also why call (reddit) aids? idk that's really weird to me
suggesting the retail model, that has literally worked for other vendors, isn't productive and realistic at all.

--- End quote ---

lmao

--- End quote ---

Ok you actually need to shut up, you are putting words in my mouth to try and prove a stupid point. You lack actually no nuance and all and cannot for the life of me understand anything more than something black and white. Just because something worked for someone else doesn't mean that it will work for you, like that is the most obvious thing and you still can't comprehend that for some reason.

Being this reductive as I have said before doesn't help anyone, and acting like this helps precisely 0 people, cause while I think vendors should be doing in-stock runs, especially large ones (once everything has stabilised and cooled down cause vendors are not in a good situation) it is not reasonable to expect everyone to do instock, as I have explained several times at this point.

I agree that we should be leaning in to more instock orders but at the end of the day 100% of projects will not be Instock, and acting like that can be is stupid. You can choose not to join gbs (I personally will be only joining one more keyboard gb from a person whose getting it manufactured by geon, though If I ever join a keycap gb it will be through daily clack who I trust) and that's fine, but just be reasonable about this, please.

codecoffeecode:
More bad vendor/manufacturing news  :(

Linking the Bias factory incident document as well: https://baionlenja.notion.site/Bias-factory-incident-9e4489b9a4e14b2dbb05038138ebc5a9

I do have to say I'm disappointed that the manufacturer wasn't named in the document, which clearly outlines extortionate behavior. If this manufacturer has been sending threats to Baionlenja, they should name them and send their information to authorities; why allow the manufacturer to continue business as usual with no heat, allowing the next unsuspecting member of the hobby to be scammed?

Rhienfo:
Also want to make a post about Noxary since that is related to the topic, if you don't know he was an maker who has a bunch of outstanding gbs werent fufilled. The person running it Xondat, ghosted not giving any comms and even privated his spotify when someone on the discord found it (however I do feel it's understandable if he had his real name/following people who weren't involved in order to hide them)

He released an update saying that refunds will be issued for all outstanding gbs except the xrf and instock orders.

Even with the refunds. I would still recommended to chargeback if you can just in case he doesn't follow through with what they said. I have suspcions that he may not have the money (which would total around of a bit under 500 us grand) espically since he has bought luxury items like a porsche 911. If you are waiting for anything that Xondat said that he would ship, just make sure you have your consumer protections which include chargebacks. Stay safe everyone.

Image of the message.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version