geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

[BUILD] Nyan Keys - An FPGA based USB 2.0 HS 8000hz Open Source PCB Design

<< < (2/4) > >>

The0rigina1:
No option for split right shift? I think it's a really important feature for 60 PCBs

marcusant:
This seems really interesting but I can't do without split right shift and split backspace on a 60. 1.5-1-1.5-7-1.5-1-1.5 bottom row would also be cool.

Maybe something for me to look into if I want to make one from the open source files.

Thank you for sharing!

lampmk:
... Bitcoin miner??? What is this? Malware?

russeree:

--- Quote from: The0rigina1 on Mon, 11 December 2023, 09:47:02 ---No option for split right shift? I think it's a really important feature for 60 PCBs

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: marcusant on Mon, 11 December 2023, 10:27:22 ---This seems really interesting but I can't do without split right shift and split backspace on a 60. 1.5-1-1.5-7-1.5-1-1.5 bottom row would also be cool.

Maybe something for me to look into if I want to make one from the open source files.

Thank you for sharing!

--- End quote ---

Soon! Nyan Keys was just a fun project that I made for me and my inspiration was the pok3r keyboard that I have. The good news is that everything is open source so if you want to get a head start on me go for it, the board files are in the Schematics and Design Files repository.

BTW thanks so much for taking interest in this project! It's quite novel, but it does work and is very very fast.

--- Quote from: lampmk on Mon, 11 December 2023, 16:27:46 ---... Bitcoin miner??? What is this? Malware?

--- End quote ---

Ahh yes you got me ⛓️👮! I inserted and advertised an open source Bitcoin Miner malware option in my keyboard firmware the is provably #ifdef'd out of the build. I was certainly hoping to use the 40 kHash a second performed by the MCU powered by USB to find the next block and win me 6.25 of those bad boys. If it weren't for these pesky Geekhack kids.

Sarcasm aside. The real answer is the I am known on Twitter as Portland.HODL https://twitter.com/PortlandHODL and am also a Bitcoin enthusiast (technology). As such I wanted to use this project as a way to show to my local Bitcoin developers meetup that literally anything can hash a blockheader... Including a 216mhz STM32 ARM processor. The other part of the this was demonstrating the challenges in creating an constructing a Bitcoin block header to perform Sha256(Sha256(80bytes)) on that was valid and would if by the impossible chance did find a hash lower than the target to win the block would pay the user out to their provided address. So yeah I just wanted a cool demo that would just be the icing on the cake to show how powerful that I built was.

So yeah at the end of the day, it can mine Bitcoin because I built this project for me to have fun, and creating whacky Bitcoin stuff is my gig. Second the design is fully open source so if you want to, don't trust me look in Src/Core/main.cpp and see that the hasher is 100% ifdef'd out of any compilation and the user would have to enable it manually.

Here is the line in main.c that shows disablement unless defined as a built constant.
https://github.com/russeree/nyan-keys-stm32-firmware/blob/53ca46ba66cd3dc3077cf32b5bf409d9c628708f/Core/Src/main.c#L151

nathanchere:
So what you're saying is 60% keyboard PCBs are going to be the new ASIC miner? Mind blown. Where do I sign up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version