Author Topic: I have a dream  (Read 1521 times)

Offline katoo

I have a dream
« on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 06:23:13 »
Hello,

I am new to the subject and hope to be able to inform me here so far that I can realize my dream.
Don't laugh - but I dream of six buttons, a wheel, wireless in my own special design. (Not a mouse, a keyboard!)
I will do everything to realize this, even if I do not really know where to start - I hope to find a start here. :)

Happy tinkering!

Offline yui

Re: I have a dream
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 06:40:39 »
i guess a good start would be to look at ZMK, the wireless version of QMK, others exists but it is the one i know of, well i know the name at least, i am not a wireless guy myself. and depending on what you really want learn 3d modelling/printing if you want 100% custom, or woodworking. what you ask for seems rather completely possible :) Welcome and have fun
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline katoo

Re: I have a dream
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 07:40:04 »
Thanks for your reply, I have already saved ZMK under favorites and started reading.

I'm a professional 3D modeler in the GFX field, so I'm rather relaxed about the design process itself - first I need to understand the technology and get the components I need.

It's going to be a very long journey for me, but as we all know, the way is the goal. : )