Author Topic: KMAC 2  (Read 70084 times)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
Re: KMAC 2
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 04:03:13 »
The KMAC leader raised his pricing by 10-15%.

The pricing (Prices for KMAC Pad are not set in stone) goes as below:

KMAC 2: $410
KMAC 2 (with 4s): $460

KMAC 1.2: $330
KMAC 1.2 (with 4s): $380

KMAC Pad: $205
KMAC Pad (with 4s): $215 or $220

The KMAC Pad should include a bar, but I am not 100% sure.  I will push the KMAC team to include the bar.  The bar is a full length bar, so you can attach the KMAC 1.2 (or KMAC / KMAC LE) to the KMAC Pad.  The bar will also give both items an angle.  They are like feet, but it attaches to the other to make it a full size keyboard if you are more comfortable with that.

I am sorry about the ridiculous prices for the Pad, and I recommend you avoid if the price tag is horrifying.

The 4S will include 110 switches, 100 springs, a set of stabilizers, and a set of stickers.  So far I am able to provide the following switches:  Blacks, Blues, Browns, Clears, or Reds. 

For the KMAC Pad, it will include about 20 switches, 20 springs, a set of stabilizers (enough for the Pad), and 20 stickers (I will cut the paper, so there will be 20 stickers per page; no one order this please).

Again, none of this is set in stone, but it is really close to the final product.  I will have them listed as soon as my PayPal is done being reviewed.  It should be reviewed tonight or tomorrow morning. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 February 2013, 04:07:36 by sherryton »

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 04:05:38 »
The kmac 1.2 price with 4s is definitely attractive. 
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 04:05:48 »
The KMAC leader raised his pricing by 10-15%.

The pricing (Prices for KMAC Pad are not set in stone) goes as below:

KMAC 2: $410
KMAC 2 (with 4s): $460

KMAC 1.2: $330
KMAC 1.2 (with 4s): $380

KMAC Pad: $205
KMAC Pad (with 4s): $215 or $220

The KMAC Pad should include a bar, but I am not 100% sure.  I will push the KMAC team to include the bar.  The bar is a full length bar, so you can attach the KMAC 1.2 (or KMAC / KMAC LE) to the KMAC Pad.  The bar will also give both items an angle.  They are like feet, but it attaches to the other to make it a full size keyboard if you are more comfortable with that.

I am sorry about the ridiculous prices for the Pad, and I recommend you avoid if the price tag is horrifying.

The 4S will include 110 switches, 100 springs, a set of stabilizers, and a set of stickers.  So far I am able to provide the following switches:  Blacks, Blues, Browns, Clears, or Reds. 

Again, none of this is set in stone, but it is really close to the final product.  I will have them listed as soon as my PayPal is done being reviewed.  It should be reviewed tonight or tomorrow morning.

Great, I would be in if two is possible for a KMAC 2 (with 4s): $460 and a KMAC 1.2 (with 4s): $380!

Fabian

| Wanted: KMAC  & KMAC 1.2, 356 Mini, 456 GT |

Offline Rendom

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 05:25:38 »
If lzgh failed, I'll join kmac family.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 05:28:46 »
Niceeee price.

But the Kpad....seems slightly disappointing ;)

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 05:36:17 »
oh :) Can I buy only KMAC + a set of stabilizers :)

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 05:54:30 »
Hi Sherryton, how many quantity i can order ?
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 February 2013, 05:57:53 by pmh1410 »
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 05:58:04 »
If I were to add on soldering services, would there be an option after adding the kmac to my cart?  Additionally, my membership registration to originativeco has yet to be confirmed as I have not yet received an email for admin approval. Would this affect my chances of purchasing a KMAC from your site? I assume everyone will be clamoring for them like the clacks.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 06:26:04 »
I wonder if originativeco will still be around in a few years time. Things are so tight right now it's hard justifying $500 on a kb ><

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 06:34:31 »
 :rolleyes:

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 06:51:33 »
at least your exchange rate isn't tripled o.O

Offline rurushu

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 06:57:21 »
will the cherry stabilizers be modded? (cut the nubs to make it equal or better than costar stabilizers)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 07:36:50 »
I wonder if originativeco will still be around in a few years time. Things are so tight right now it's hard justifying $500 on a kb ><

We do have other plans too!

Offline Sai

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 07:40:49 »

start saving up. ! after a few months, you can have it.  ;D
this is what i plan to do anyway.  :p
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #214 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 07:46:36 »
Don't worry , after spending $500 on a keyboard, you will start to have "placebo effect" on it and everything is justifiable like all other Realforce and HHKB owners.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 07:48:59 »
will the cherry stabilizers be modded? (cut the nubs to make it equal or better than costar stabilizers)

Depends, are you opting for soldering services?  It is real easy to cut off the nub on your own.

All it takes is is one of these bad boys, http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=170M&vendor=72 !

Offline rurushu

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 07:53:30 »

Depends, are you opting for soldering services?  It is real easy to cut off the nub on your own.

All it takes is is one of these bad boys, http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=170M&vendor=72 !
i see... because i was thinking if it is included in the soldering services, would be less hassle for the buyers...
just my opinion though... because i doubt everyone would have the courage to open up a USD400+ keyboard themselves without any anxiety XD

PS: when will originativeco be up again?

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 07:54:10 »
Don't worry , after spending $500 on a keyboard, you will start to have "placebo effect" on it and everything is justifiable like all other Realforce and HHKB owners.

Spoken like a real sir  ;D

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 07:59:19 »
Coming back to a general enquiry:

Would one have to be a member to be able to add products to the Paypal cart? Am new to the Originativeco site so unsure if one must have admin approval to actually buy stuff.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 08:08:42 »
Coming back to a general enquiry:

Would one have to be a member to be able to add products to the Paypal cart? Am new to the Originativeco site so unsure if one must have admin approval to actually buy stuff.

I'll try to fix this, so that you will not have to be logged in.  I did not know the webmaster designed it like this.

Sorry about all the troubles this caused everyone.

Offline nebo

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 08:16:39 »
Hey sherry, for the 1.2 were you able to get some that had the standard winkeyless case or are the all the new block style?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 08:19:24 »
Hey sherry, for the 1.2 were you able to get some that had the standard winkeyless case or are the all the new block style?

I believe it's all the new block style.  That way people get to choose if they want 84 or 86.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:02:16 »
I just wanted to make sure that people are aware that shipping prices are included into the prices.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:09:44 »
I just wanted to make sure that people are aware that shipping prices are included into the prices.
So meaning for example a KMAC 1.2 with 4s + shipping would be $380? if adding soldering service needs to add soldering price + second shipping?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:16:19 »
So meaning for example a KMAC 1.2 with 4s + shipping would be $380? if adding soldering service needs to add soldering price + second shipping?

Yes and no.

If you order the 4s, then that means you plan to do all the labor yourself.  You will pay for the 4s to ship to your location, mod it, then ship it to alaric, and he will ship it back to you (at no additional charge).

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:19:01 »
Edit: Question answered, thanks Sherry!

How would the ordering process be like? Could you send everything straight to Alaric for solder at one go? If say one did not want to change the springs.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:20:40 by jinhan108 »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:28:04 »
Jinhan, that is doable.

Offline pasph

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:35:45 »

Yes and no.

If you order the 4s, then that means you plan to do all the labor yourself.  You will pay for the 4s to ship to your location, mod it, then ship it to alaric, and he will ship it back to you (at no additional charge).

What if one wants alaric to do the mod? what will be the final price (in case of KMAC 1.2 with 4s)?
International shipping price from alaric?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:37:47 »
The pricing would be real close to $465, but the pricing is just an approximated calculation.

Offline nebo

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:45:23 »

I believe it's all the new block style.  That way people get to choose if they want 84 or 86.
:/ Here's to hoping not! :P

Offline pasph

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:52:15 »
So KMAC 1.2 with 4s+mod&soldering service+international shipping = something like $465?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:56:42 »
So KMAC 1.2 with 4s+mod&soldering service+international shipping = something like $465?

Yes, that is about right.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:57:25 »

Yes and no.

Hmm... I'm abit confused here....
At first I thought the 4s kits are for the keyboard assembling purposes (meaning to make a working keyboard), not for switch lubing + stickering such extra services... after what I've read from your reply, it seems that the 4s kits are for modding purposes, then I'm left wondering how to get a working keyboard done when the original KMAC 1.2 does not include the switches?

Let's say if just like what jinhan88 said, just buy and direct ship to alaric for assembling, then only send out to buyers?
Is it $330 + assembling service + shipping to buyer?

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:58:28 »
I may be dumb but what does 4s mean? lol

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:01:04 »

Yes and no.

At first I thought the 4s kits are for the keyboard assembling purposes (meaning to make a working keyboard), not for switch lubing + stickering such extra services... after what I've read from your reply, it seems that the 4s kits are for modding purposes, then I'm left wondering how to get a working keyboard done when the original KMAC 1.2 does not include the switches?

Let's say if just like what jinhan88 said, just buy and direct ship to alaric for assembling, then only send out to buyers?

If you are just fine with stock switches, then that would be an additional $40 on top of the assembly service.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:01:44 »
I may be dumb but what does 4s mean? lol
switches, springs, stickers and stabilizers.... read previous page's sherry's answer....

Offline pasph

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:06:16 »

Yes, that is about right.

Then the problem is always the same: VAT on a KMAC 2 (with 4s) will be something around $120...

Offline rurushu

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:11:23 »

Yes and no.

If you are just fine with stock switches, then that would be an additional $40 on top of the assembly service.

I see.... so is it safe for me to say that to get a working keyboard delivered would be
KMAC 1.2 ($330) + stock switches ($40) + assembling service from alaric (to be determined by alaric?)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:24:24 »

Yes and no.

I see.... so is it safe for me to say that to get a working keyboard delivered would be
KMAC 1.2 ($330) + stock switches ($40) + assembling service from alaric (to be determined by alaric?)

+ shipping :)

Offline rurushu

« Reply #239 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 11:52:05 »

Yes and no.

+ shipping :)

I see, thanks for clearing up the questions!!!

respect to sherry for his patience!!!! :D

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #240 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 12:03:01 »
So the 87 key layout is definitely a no-go this time around?

Offline RiGS

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 13:48:39 »
So let's get this straight. KMAC 2 + International shipping would be a total of US $410. It's tempting.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline pasph

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 15:16:32 »
So let's get this straight. KMAC 2 + International shipping would be a total of US $410. It's tempting.

sherryton is a vendor, he can't lie on the declared value, so, for ex. in Italy, it would be a total of $500, less tempting

Offline RiGS

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 16:15:15 »
Nonsense, I have dealt with many companies before flexible enough to falsify the value, though  there is a slight risk involved. However there is a chance that International shipments will be shipped directly from Korea.
Btw I can reclaim the VAT as a company.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 February 2013, 16:17:57 by RiGS »
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline pasph

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 16:34:56 »
I hope so

Offline rurushu

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 23:27:29 »
does sherry underdeclare the items you guys bought?
because if not, then might have to shell out more than ever when reaching customs....

Offline Saviant

KMAC 2
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 08:26:33 »
So the 87 key layout is definitely a no-go this time around?

I would like to know this as well. I am so used to the 87 and all my caps are typical 87.

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 10:38:55 »
Any update on the sale?
| Wanted: KMAC  & KMAC 1.2, 356 Mini, 456 GT |

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 14:01:36 »
Any update on the sale?

All update is dependent on the Merchant account. 

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 04:06:08 »
WFD's KMAC2's look like 87 layout

Are you sure?  I can provide anything that is available out there.  I tried asking the KMAC team about the specifications on the KMAC 2 yesterday, but they were too busy.  I am still not 100% sure.  I believe when I ordered samples awhile ago though, they asked me, "Do you want winkey or winkeyless?".  I am pretty sure the KMAC 1.2 can be available in both, but I am still unsure about the KMAC 2.

87 key layout does exist, I have 3 on hand to assemble. You just need the PCB that supports it, otherwise the cases and accessories are exactly the same. It even comes with the separate winkeyless blocks, which doesn't even make sense for a 87 key layout (the blocks are grey btw, not gold like in the pictures). It's just a shame they didn't design it similar to Phantom, where users can choose between winkey and winkeyless from only 1 PCB design.

I'm surprised you didn't know 87 was an option for KMAC2.