Author Topic: 3 new GMK sets  (Read 77349 times)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
Re: 3 new GMK sets
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:10:00 »
Is there a name to this color scheme? Maybe a greenish variation of TA would appeal more...

Show Image

Photo from lysol.

That's what I thought was the actual Triumph Adler.

Offline ___q

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:15:16 »
Is there a name to this color scheme? Maybe a greenish variation of TA would appeal more...

Show Image

Photo from lysol.

Those are actually from certain Royal Alpha typewriters (I don't know which specific models have MX switches, though, there are RD models with the same color of keycaps which are much more common).
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:18:51 by ___q »

Offline archer

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:16:52 »
Voted for coffee and cream under the assumption that it's beige & brown and brown & beige as a previous poster said. If that's not the case, please update my vote to skydolch. Thanks!

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #253 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:22:38 »
Ok so this would be Royal Alpha, or something...

My vote was for TA, but i dont know if sherryton already carries a green tone keycap set in his store, if not, maybe  this green variant would appeal to a larger market.
 either way those 2 color schemes are pretty cool...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:59:21 »
At the moment I'm thinking I'll buy anything that's GMK. Can't STAND anything that's not GMK hahaha

:D

So true. The thickness and the Cherry font is just too good.

Unfortunately I am so addicted to keycaps that I buy the thin SP caps anyway if I like the color scheme. I guess there is just no help for me  :rolleyes:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:02:06 »

Show Image

Photo from lysol.

Yep, those are Royal colors.  IvanIvanovich matched his Irish Dye Sub set after those colors (green + lime green).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #256 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:11:13 »
Why has nobody mentioned Orangesicle? We need this! Basically Cream Cheese and Orange. Also, reverse alphas for those that want a full white on orange set.

It might be a bit close to the first set made with legends from the Cherry replica legends project, aka SmallFry set. Just a thought

Offline moogle

« Reply #257 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:19:15 »
gmk SoWaRe :-*

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:22:00 »
I'm not going to lie. I would love GMK SoWaRe. SoWaRe is one of the sets/color schemes I like the most, but I can't have it because I'm not a fan of the thin caps and legends. It would be awesome to have from GMK.

Offline moogle

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:25:04 »
I'm not going to lie. I would love GMK SoWaRe. SoWaRe is one of the sets/color schemes I like the most, but I can't have it because I'm not a fan of the thin caps and legends. It would be awesome to have from GMK.

my thoughts exactly

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:28:13 »

Show Image

Photo from lysol.

Ohhh man if we could get a reproduction of the bright green code keys off the Alpha 110 I would wet my freaking pants.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:32:57 »
If we had to take something with colour SoWaRe would be my first choice, I just happen to like the graphite colour scheme very much.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:49:26 »
There is already so much near Graphite though. Dolch is out and about, and the set that's being run in GB right now is very similar. Why not go for one of those?

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:00:01 »
There is already so much near Graphite though. Dolch is out and about, and the set that's being run in GB right now is very similar. Why not go for one of those?
Ugh so SoWaRe seems really tempting right now :P

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:11:15 »
There is allot of love for graphite.

I'll still join the GB for this but I wish we could go with something that has more color.

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:15:19 »
I'm fine switching my vote from Graphite to SoWaRe, both are pretty sweet and there seems to be a lot of hate for Graphite (although, that could just because it's in the lead)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:20:57 »
It's not hate for Graphite, but the fact that it doesn't necessarily provide anything more than other similar colored sets already available or in GB. The difference that Graphite provided in regards to SP was a nice Dolch colored set with nicer legends on some of the caps. The legends are a bit out the door, as we're using Cherry legends, so there is no reason to me personally to go with Graphite.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:45:19 »
There should be another vote between the Top 2 choices after this vote ends. That way, those who didn't choose either of the two the first time can finally do so. I think this will provide for the most accurate representation of demand.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 13:09:56 »
At the moment I'm thinking I'll buy anything that's not Sky Blue Dolch or SoWare. Can't STAND sky freakin' blue hahaha

This guy gets it.  Sky blue is no bueno.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 13:19:32 »

Show Image

Photo from lysol.

Ohhh man if we could get a reproduction of the bright green code keys off the Alpha 110 I would wet my freaking pants.

Show Image

Ever since I got the Esc key in that color from the last GMK GB, I've wanted a set of mods in that color scheme.  It would look awesome with Cherry beige.  Those Alphas are pretty awesome looking too.  Love that turquoise-ish color.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 14:44:07 »
I love that TA set too, closest to current GMK stock is N7/U9

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 16:49:53 »
What 'bout something like this:

(Image from here.)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:16:33 »
I'd love to see a coffee and cream set that includes the brown similar to the Blaupunkt CEPT

Image source: Deskthority

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:17:56 »
Yes, that's what I meant by "reddish brown" earlier in the thread!  And a similarly toned cream ;)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:21:28 »
I love that TA set too, closest to current GMK stock is N7/U9

That green is REALLY close, but it's harder to hit the beige.

The green is most likely the same from the RGB set which is N7.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:27:21 »
Any chance we could get the Nuclear Green set?

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:28:11 »
38379-0

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:42:06 »
It's not hate for Graphite, but the fact that it doesn't necessarily provide anything more than other similar colored sets already available or in GB. The difference that Graphite provided in regards to SP was a nice Dolch colored set with nicer legends on some of the caps. The legends are a bit out the door, as we're using Cherry legends, so there is no reason to me personally to go with Graphite.

I think we need to jump back towards some key sets with color. The graphite set is too safe. The neutral colors make it popular, I think.

The Originative Dolch GB just ended. The DSA Dolch GB is in production. The new Dark Dolch GB is underway. We need a quality set with actual colors.

I would vote for purple but I can tell it's not to popular right now around here. And, we just finished the DCS Lilac GB.

In the end, I just want something nice with color.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 18:17:46 »

I think we need to jump back towards some key sets with color. The graphite set is too safe. The neutral colors make it popular, I think.

The Originative Dolch GB just ended. The DSA Dolch GB is in production. The new Dark Dolch GB is underway. We need a quality set with actual colors.

I would vote for purple but I can tell it's not to popular right now around here. And, we just finished the DCS Lilac GB.

In the end, I just want something nice with color.

Hm, if Handerbeit does not have enough nice colors in it then...... To the guy that posted the Brown GMK caps from the Blaupunkt, that brown for the modifiers and cream alpha/numeric would be the ace color combo for Coffee/Cream set!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:05:00 »

(Attachment Link)

Any chance the Toxic Set would suit you?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 19:24:26 »

(Attachment Link)

Any chance the Toxic Set would suit you?

Although I'm already in for a Toxic set, I'd really like to get a full set of dark emerald green in SA profile. 

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 23:11:54 »
If I shoud say something personal, I 'd love to say this :  " I have a Dream, A song to sing "   
Of cause, a Better Creative one !

38402-0                  http://pinchocodia.tistory.com/17     
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:32:48 by sprit »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 23:15:12 »
If I shoud say something personal, I 'd love to say this :  " I have a Dream, A song to sing "
Of cause, a Better Creative one !

(Attachment Link)         (Attachment Link)         http://pinchocodia.tistory.com/17

Sherry is working on this already!!!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #283 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 23:21:54 »
Ohhh!   Serious??    " Singin' in the Rain ~ Just Dancin' in the Rain ~"

Don't Halt that Arbeit !    :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 05:31:48 by sprit »

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 04:52:54 »
Handarbeit is such an awesome set, I can't wait for it :D

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 07:54:37 »
Ohhh!   Seriously??    " Singin' in the Rain ~ Just Dancin' in the Rain ~"

Don't Halt that Arbeit !    :(

As Sherry said Handerbeit is set in stone and that's why you don't see people voting for it.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 08:25:26 »
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 08:40:38 »
If I shoud say something personal, I 'd love to say this :  " I have a Dream, A song to sing "   Of cause, a Better Creative one !

(Attachment Link)                   http://pinchocodia.tistory.com/17     

There's no way that gets made, but not Straight Up House Tully which is subtle and understated by comparison! Think of it: teal alphas with salmon pink eraser colored mods. Colorful without being unicorn yak!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline amasokin

• KBD Lunatic
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 09:04:33 »
The Handarbeit set will be an instabuy. Voted for the SoWaRe, but I'd really like the Yolch too... Hard choices!

What I really need is the CMYK modifiers, though :(

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 10:25:39 »
SoWaRe stands for ... what, exactly? Anyone know?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #290 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 10:31:47 »
SoWaRe stands for ... what, exactly? Anyone know?

it's in the poll,

So (sky blue in korean?) Wa (Wyse) Re (Replica)

Sky Blue Wyse Replica

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:36:32 »
I hope SoWare is the lead....i do have an update from ascaii about the German Police Board if anyone wants to hear

I can get it from my desktop when i get home today for a direct quote

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #292 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:43:21 »
(Attachment Link)

Emerald would never have been at tip of my tongue but it is now. This is one heck of an attractive color. Good pick GS.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 14:07:28 »
I hope SoWare is the lead....i do have an update from ascaii about the German Police Board if anyone wants to hear

I can get it from my desktop when i get home today for a direct quote

I want to hear.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 14:34:00 »
http://imgur.com/a/3TaRA

The album is not done yet.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 14:48:34 »
CCnBurgundy and Dolch Colored Dolch are pure sex. It's close to this set I want to see done at some point.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 14:58:58 »
it's in the poll,

So (sky blue in korean?) Wa (Wyse) Re (Replica)

Sky Blue Wyse Replica

Exactly !   Many want darker Letter colors for SoWaRe.   They hate original SoWaRe for ambiguous visiblility!
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 October 2013, 19:19:02 by sprit »

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:09:21 »
As much as I love Graphite, I went with CCnBurg. Graphite is just another grayish set vs a set with potentially awesome hard to find colors. But, the people have spoken. *shrug

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 17:30:28 »
CCnBurgundy and Dolch Colored Dolch are pure sex. It's close to this set I want to see done at some point.

I think the colors are off on the "4" and "!" keys.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 17:33:18 »

I think the colors are off on the "4" and "!" keys.

Yeah, I f*ed it up when I made it, but the idea is the same.