Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9751840 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (orders closed)
« Reply #3300 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 14:32:27 »
oh and here is the mockup

Show Image

its been both posted in this thread numerous times as well as emailed to you and everyone who had an order on the site

You should update the OP with that pic, it's different than whats posted in the OP.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3301 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 14:36:09 »

Show Image

its been both posted in this thread numerous times as well as emailed to you and everyone who had an order on the site

You should update the OP with that pic, it's different than whats posted in the OP.

i operate the thread like a timeline, so all info can be seen in the order in which it happened
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3302 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 14:37:31 »

Show Image

Thank you, didn't bother to read through the thread and just checked my email I did not get anything sent to it, only emails I get are shipping ones and order info, unless there is a box I unchecked to not get that info? Otherwise never got it :/ Anyway updated the email, thanks again.

Edit: I'll just contact you via the email from now on :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2015, 14:59:52 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3303 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 14:38:13 »

Show Image

i operate the thread like a timeline, so all info can be seen in the order in which it happened

I think it might just be easier for people to check the OP instead of scanning through pages & pages of posts for the latest information. Might reduce people asking questions too, but it's your GB Bunny, just trying to help. :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3304 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 15:04:39 »

Show Image

I think it might just be easier for people to check the OP instead of scanning through pages & pages of posts for the latest information. Might reduce people asking questions too, but it's your GB Bunny, just trying to help. :)

i appreciate the comment

i guess i assume people follow a thread,  at least every now and again

i also feel like most changes come as part of a conversation, so as stated above, i tend to think of a thread as a timeline, so people can see and read everything in context

for future gbs, we have all updates listed in order on the site from now on, so that wont be an issue shortly

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3305 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 15:17:07 »

Show Image

i appreciate the comment

i also feel like most changes come as part of a conversation, so as stated above, i tend to think of a thread as a timeline, so people can see and read everything in context

for future gbs, we have all updates listed in order on the site from now on, so that wont be an issue shortly

Cool! thanks Bunny

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3306 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 15:19:30 »
Not sure what is up with mine. I live just outside SF and San Jose is only a short 40 minute car ride away without traffic. Is this happening for anyone else?

(Attachment Link)
i just went through a ton of tracking numbers and didnt see anything else like that

i did shoot cody a message on skype but may be worth sending him a pm as well

Hey bunny, were you able to get a hold of Cody about my issue? Thanks for helping. I appreciate it.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3307 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 15:26:36 »
Not sure what is up with mine. I live just outside SF and San Jose is only a short 40 minute car ride away without traffic. Is this happening for anyone else?

(Attachment Link)
i just went through a ton of tracking numbers and didnt see anything else like that

i did shoot cody a message on skype but may be worth sending him a pm as well

Hey bunny, were you able to get a hold of Cody about my issue? Thanks for helping. I appreciate it.

i spoke to him, i briefly remember him saying he got a message from you but havent got an update since

im setting up a sale thing with him tonight so ill mention it again

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3308 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 16:32:46 »

Show Image

i appreciate the comment

IMHO, posting it in the OP and leaving it in the posts allow for people who read the thread to still have info as a timeline and for other, they can quickly access to it in the OP. To be honest, it is quite frustrating when even though you read the whole thread, you remember there was what you were looking for in one of the numerous pages but you cannot manage to find which one. It leads to hunting through the pages to find it and sometimes you even miss it. Perhaps I'm just bad with the search function.

As with the new version of Ctrl Alt's website, it is nice to have all the info gathered there. Nice feature.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #3309 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 17:29:27 »
Got my set today! A big thanks to bunny, cody and the rest of the Ctrl Alt crew!

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #3310 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 18:56:12 »
I know the basket time creation date is used as red line for shipping, but I kinda assumed (= hoped) you guys would ship orders with Hack'd/Miami first...

I assumed as well. Standing by for Hack'd and this myself.

im curious what would lead the 2 of you to this assumption, and the rationale behind it

i can offer my insight as both a gb leader, and then what my assumption would be as a buyer based on that info

so as a gb leader, people combining orders leads to both extra time being needed, extra effort and often extra cost

as a buyer i would assume that combining an order could only affect my position in 1 of 2 ways, either it would not effect my position in line at all (as is the case here) or, it would put me to the back of the line, as from a packing perspective, it makes the most sense to work through the simple orders first (containing all the same item) and dealing with the more complicated orders afterwards (as they contain different items and there are fewer of them)

Because I assume most businesses operate with first in - first out. When I asked when you expected both would ship, you said "they should arrive at a pretty similar time" (I know, this is just a wild guess). Later on, I've asked about seperate shipping of the sets twice, both requests were ignored.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3311 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 19:12:12 »
I know the basket time creation date is used as red line for shipping, but I kinda assumed (= hoped) you guys would ship orders with Hack'd/Miami first...

I assumed as well. Standing by for Hack'd and this myself.

im curious what would lead the 2 of you to this assumption, and the rationale behind it

i can offer my insight as both a gb leader, and then what my assumption would be as a buyer based on that info

so as a gb leader, people combining orders leads to both extra time being needed, extra effort and often extra cost

as a buyer i would assume that combining an order could only affect my position in 1 of 2 ways, either it would not effect my position in line at all (as is the case here) or, it would put me to the back of the line, as from a packing perspective, it makes the most sense to work through the simple orders first (containing all the same item) and dealing with the more complicated orders afterwards (as they contain different items and there are fewer of them)

Because I assume most businesses operate with first in - first out. When I asked when you expected both would ship, you said "they should arrive at a pretty similar time" (I know, this is just a wild guess). Later on, I've asked about seperate shipping of the sets twice, both requests were ignored.

i just checked my emails from the ctrlalt contact form, and cant find a request from you about split shipping

secondly, if it was first in first out, your set still wouldnt have shipped, and in fact, your set is gonna actually go out slightly earlier it looks like than if it was first in first out ,as your cart was created before the order was placed, so you are actually benefiting from the system you are complaining about

as a general rule, the orders are close to being in order, however, if someone has added something to their cart, it generates an order number, 95% of people then check out, hence they are close to in order, however if someone has something sat in their cart for a little while or has generated a cart, not checked out, then changed it later, then they will end up having a slightly lower order number than the time at which they ordered

all that being said, at no point have we said orders will be shipped based on time of order, we are running this gb, and shipping it as a whole, our task is to ship every order, and we will manage that task however we deem most efficient for us

Offline Glissant

« Reply #3312 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 19:18:45 »
Looking to buy a set. Contact me if you have one in Europe that you want to let go.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3313 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 19:20:01 »
Looking to buy a set. Contact me if you have one in Europe that you want to let go.

may not be what you are looking for, but binge is about to have 100 sets for sale on his webstore, so if you are unsuccessful another way, check that out

Offline Glissant

« Reply #3314 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 19:21:30 »
That might work out too. Thanks, Bunnysir!

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #3315 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 20:37:19 »
Sigh... I'm going to be so mad if USPS lost my package. Still no tracking update yet.   :mad: just says departed San Jose...

I opened a case # up with USPS to see what's going on. Most packages, even first class, are delivered within 3 days in my location. We're now going on day 5. Maybe I'm just overly excited and / or anxious and I should just be patient... It's just hard when there aren't any tracking updates and they're 2 days late.  :blank:

Anyone else have this happen and end up getting their package anyways?

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3316 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 20:42:50 »
Sigh... I'm going to be so mad if USPS lost my package. Still no tracking update yet.   :mad: just says departed San Jose...

I opened a case # up with USPS to see what's going on. Most packages, even first class, are delivered within 3 days in my location. We're now going on day 5. Maybe I'm just overly excited and / or anxious and I should just be patient... It's just hard when there aren't any tracking updates and they're 2 days late.  :blank:

I've had this happen on several occasions,  once it took 2 weeks before it just turned up,  no tracking update.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3317 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 20:50:36 »

Mine is still stuck at the shipping label created. No update of it even departing San Jose...

I should have just physically picked it up... It would have been worth the extra 1 hour in traffic. Instead it's been 12 days since it "shipped".

I wouldn't worry at all though I'm sure our situations will get sorted out eventually either by USPS or CtrlAlt.

Here's to waiting patiently Awhitedev!  :thumb:

Also opening up a dispute case is probably a good idea. I'll try that and see where it gets me.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #3318 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 20:53:55 »
Where are you guys seeing about the tracking number?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3319 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:00:00 »
Where are you guys seeing about the tracking number?

You probably got an email if your label has been created.  Many (including mine) have not.  They are getting through them as fast as they can, but it's basically Cody doing 500-some-odd orders himself.

If you're worried the email was sent and you didn't get it, I believe you can check your account on CtrlAlt's store and see if the tracking number is there.  If no number, then your label hasn't been created yet.

And even if your label has been created, it doesn't mean it's shipped yet.  It just means your set is in line to be pulled.

This is my understanding of the situation.  I could be wrong.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #3320 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:38:11 »
crap combining orders may lead to delays. damn, was asking cody to combine my HF with penumbra a mistake?  eh 1.5 years and counting, whats another couple months 
Hi :)

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #3321 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:59:37 »

Mine is still stuck at the shipping label created. No update of it even departing San Jose...

I should have just physically picked it up... It would have been worth the extra 1 hour in traffic. Instead it's been 12 days since it "shipped".

I wouldn't worry at all though I'm sure our situations will get sorted out eventually either by USPS or CtrlAlt.

Also opening up a dispute case is probably a good idea. I'll try that and see where it gets me.

Same here. The expected delivery was Sept 1st and still no update from USPS. Have to call USPS tomorrow because it should only take 1-3 business days to ship according to their site.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #3322 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:38:35 »
Mail must leave San Jose on a turnip truck, because that's the only way I can explain this.

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #3323 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 01:53:00 »
Mail must leave San Jose on a turnip truck, because that's the only way I can explain this.

(Attachment Link)
Geez! the turnips must have priority too.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #3324 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 02:12:48 »
hey bunny, any news for us international buyers?

I still have not gotten my shipping notification.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3325 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 02:17:50 »
After 5 days my tracking status updated.

It't now in Oakland - only 9.000 kilometers to go  :p

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3326 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 02:42:45 »
After 5 days my tracking status updated.

It't now in Oakland - only 9.000 kilometers to go  :p

Hope your parcel doesn't get stabbed!

(demik will get this)
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3327 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 02:44:25 »
Don't jinx it  :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3328 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:33:03 »
crap combining orders may lead to delays. damn, was asking cody to combine my HF with penumbra a mistake?  eh 1.5 years and counting, whats another couple months

im sure i read you were gonna pick those up when cody had a bit of an open day

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3329 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:34:10 »
hey bunny, any news for us international buyers?

I still have not gotten my shipping notification.

all orders are shipping, its not being done via conus first etc

many international orders have shipped

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3330 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:34:54 »

spoke to cody last night

he is gonna look in to it today for you and get sorted whatever needs to be sorted

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3331 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:35:43 »

(Attachment Link)

usps are being ****ing useless at the moment, sorry its taking a while and glad its finally on the move

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #3332 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:47:10 »
@Bunny, how's the completion rate for international shipping? I still have not received any news on my sets yet.

No rush though, just curious.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3333 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:55:04 »
@Bunny, how's the completion rate for international shipping? I still have not received any news on my sets yet.

The completion rate for international orders is completely irrelevant.

You are one guy among 600 orders. Right now maybe half of the sets were sorted, so you are most likely in the second half.

There is nothing to be worried about. Just be patient  :thumb:

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #3334 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:11:52 »

im sure i read you were gonna pick those up when cody had a bit of an open day

We wanted to, but he wasn't free when I was up there.  Last time we talked he said he noted to combined my items for shipping
Hi :)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3335 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:13:51 »
My package has landed in Germany, now sits in German Customs, it went in a timely manner so far  :cool: Maybe next week I'll get it  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3336 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:20:26 »
My package has landed in Germany, now sits in German Customs, it went in a timely manner so far  :cool: Maybe next week I'll get it  :thumb:

Oh that sucks. They inspected the parcel although it said 20$?

Hopefully you can convince them that a couple of plastic caps is worth nothing  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3337 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:28:56 »

You are one guy among 600 orders. Right now maybe half of the sets were sorted, so you are most likely in the second half.

this exactly

what you need to know is having just checked the site

there is 299 orders left to ship

so we are getting there

you are one of those

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3338 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:29:54 »

fingers crossed it gets to you soon

i hate customs here, they are the bane of my life 

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3339 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:38:47 »

My wife just called me, the package has landed  :thumb: No problem with the customs  :cool: Can't wait to get home and see the caps  :-*
Thanks Bunny and Cody  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3340 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:45:08 »

this exactly

what you need to know is having just checked the site

there is 299 orders left to ship

so we are getting there

you are one of those

Hey Bunny

What about Pm orders,  I think I am in that lot, they're shipping last presumably?  299 to go...

Offline malaik0

« Reply #3341 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:49:09 »

Europe too? thought that all sellers of keys living in the US  :)
anyway all of ctrl-alt comes from the US right?

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #3342 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 06:57:14 »
The piece de resistance has arrived:

More here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39702.msg1855989#msg1855989

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3343 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 07:38:14 »

spoke to cody last night

he is gonna look in to it today for you and get sorted whatever needs to be sorted
Awesome thank you very much bunny and Cody.

Also as more and more photos pop up of this set, the more I fall in love with it. This is one damn fine set and the color combo is gorgeous. I've had the original DSA set and although it has a slightly different shade and hue to the colors the overall beauty and idea of the set remains.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #3344 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 07:43:33 »

spoke to cody last night

So it looks like opening that case with USPS paid off for me. They found my package between yesterday morning and now and it looks like it showed up at my local USPS an hour ago. Maybe they expedited it there? Or perhaps someone at my local office "found" it. Either way, I'm happy now :) That feeling of when you almost lose your HyperFuse set...  :-\  :-X

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3345 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 07:59:56 »

spoke to cody last night

Also as more and more photos pop up of this set, the more I fall in love with it. This is one damn fine set and the color combo is gorgeous. I've had the original DSA set and although it has a slightly different shade and hue to the colors the overall beauty and idea of the set remains.

i know different monitors will show this differently, but on my monitor, this pic is pretty darn close to accurate

i totally agree with you, that the tones are slightly different, this was always going to be the case, but i think it is very very clearly hyperfuse, and i for one am very pleased with the results

doing the set again, the only alteration i would most likely make is also including a cyan on purple enter key, that is the one thing i have found myself wishing was here putting boards together that isnt

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3346 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 08:00:42 »

spoke to cody last night

So it looks like opening that case with USPS paid off for me. They found my package between yesterday morning and now and it looks like it showed up at my local USPS an hour ago. Maybe they expedited it there? Or perhaps someone at my local office "found" it. Either way, I'm happy now :) That feeling of when you almost lose your HyperFuse set...  :-\  :-X

thats great to hear, looking forward to seeing more pics of this as it hits more people

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3347 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 08:06:01 »

spoke to cody last night

i know different monitors will show this differently, but on my monitor, this pic is pretty darn close to accurate

Show Image

i totally agree with you, that the tones are slightly different, this was always going to be the case, but i think it is very very clearly hyperfuse, and i for one am very pleased with the results

doing the set again, the only alteration i would most likely make is also including a cyan on purple enter key, that is the one thing i have found myself wishing was here putting boards together that isnt

Oh man, every time I see a pic I am just in love.  Come to me, beloved Hyperfuse!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3348 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 08:24:59 »

spoke to cody last night

When I tried to open a case it didn't let me since it said by tracking number had no insurance attached to it so I couldn't make a claim. I think I was just trying it under the wrong section. Mind linking me or pming the link where you filed a claim?

Offline bianco

« Reply #3349 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 08:32:52 »
got mine! thank you BunnyLake and crew