Author Topic: [GB] Massdrop x Zambumon GMK Nautilus Custom Keycap Set  (Read 196665 times)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] GMK Nautilus
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 16:32:22 »
I suspect the majority of purchasers would prefer yellow enter in the base.
keyboards.

Offline fouras

« Reply #401 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 16:59:34 »
So is this pushed back now that the Carbon drop was extended?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #402 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 18:24:29 »
So is this pushed back now that the Carbon drop was extended?

Yes, we'll have to wait and sea.

It's taking us longer than what we expected to get there, but July will come in no time. I'll continue to work hard on this set and re-run the IC with all the updated kits this week.  :thumb:

Offline Atredl

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 18:39:23 »

Obviously the colors will be a bit different, but whipping these sets together made me pretty excited for this set to be made. I give you SA Nautilus ;-D

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 18:59:30 »
Yes, we'll have to wait and sea.

It's taking us longer than what we expected to get there, but July will come in no time. I'll continue to work hard on this set and re-run the IC with all the updated kits this week.  :thumb:

I sea what you did there, sir.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #405 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 19:28:10 »
I wonder if massdrop will continue this trend of "making sure everyone gets a chance to buy" aka "make more money on best sellers". Lol. Normally wouldn't mind, but when it pushes back their own queue I kind of do.
keyboards.

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 20:23:35 »
I wonder if massdrop will continue this trend of "making sure everyone gets a chance to buy" aka "make more money on best sellers". Lol. Normally wouldn't mind, but when it pushes back their own queue I kind of do.

And to mixed reactions too. In K-Type drop, the 1st round buy-ins went ballistic with the extension. But in SA Carbon, the crowd seems to be calm. But then again, there isn't another drop like GMK Yuri currently on going. A lot of people seemed to buy less or drop out of Yuri for K-Type.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 12:42:43 »
And to mixed reactions too. In K-Type drop, the 1st round buy-ins went ballistic with the extension. But in SA Carbon, the crowd seems to be calm. But then again, there isn't another drop like GMK Yuri currently on going. A lot of people seemed to buy less or drop out of Yuri for K-Type.
I dropped out of Yuri when they announced Carbon.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 13:06:10 »

I think the difference is that they extended k-type after it ended. This time they have told everyone of the extension a week before the drop was supposed to end so everyone still has a chance to get in on whatever else they want. Granted I wish they had told us a day sooner since I skipped the hi-profile planck case because I spent so much on Carbon, but had I known I wouldn't be charged for Carbon until the end of the month I probably would have gotten in on the planck. Can't please everyone, but MD did handle it much better this time around.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 14:06:25 »
Are there no alternatives for the Number Row on this drop? I personally dislike the standard cherry design and always use novelties or whichever for that row.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 14:32:59 »
Num row alternates are pretty rare overall, especially on gmk sets due to moqs.
keyboards.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #411 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 16:46:22 »
Are there no alternatives for the Number Row on this drop? I personally dislike the standard cherry design and always use novelties or whichever for that row.

What "alternative" legend could replace a simple number row, besides novelties?

Offline MUMU

« Reply #412 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 07:17:12 »
Planned to have a topre spacebar for this set? :)

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #413 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 08:51:15 »
Planned to have a topre spacebar for this set? :)

???
gmk has always only been mx compatible. If you want to use 90% of the gb sets out there, you should probably get some topre-mx sliders

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 09:15:28 »
You're always stuck using topre spacebars though. I would suggest getting a white or light gray pbt topre spacebar and having it custom dyed to match. There is a gentleman on Reddit that does dye services and his color matching is spot on.
keyboards.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #415 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 09:52:35 »
You're always stuck using topre spacebars though. I would suggest getting a white or light gray pbt topre spacebar and having it custom dyed to match. There is a gentleman on Reddit that does dye services and his color matching is spot on.

right haha.

You're probably talking about https://www.reddit.com/user/crj3012

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #416 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 10:51:53 »
The 6U spacebar will have a centered stem, so modding your Topre keyboard will be much easier now.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #417 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 11:14:07 »
What about stab fitment though
keyboards.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #418 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 11:44:37 »
What about stab fitment though

I wouldn't be surprised if Rixtox modifies the stabs he has already created for the 6.25U SA spacebars.

Source

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 12:11:13 »
The 6U spacebar will have a centered stem, so modding your Topre keyboard will be much easier now.

Interesting. That means the 6u space bar would be useless for a 18xx board, or any compatible one.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #420 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 12:49:13 »
As far as I know, Yuri's 6U spacebars will have a centered stem.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 12:54:45 »
Wait, did you confirm this 6u news with GMK?  They've always used off-center stems for the 6u bars, have they had a mold with both center/off-center this whole time or are they now making one for Yuri?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #422 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 12:55:45 »
As far as I know, Yuri's 6U spacebars will have a centered stem.

The standard GMK (Previously Cherry) 6u space bar is off-centered. First time I heard about a centered 6u spacebar coming from GMK.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #423 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 12:57:51 »
Wait, did you confirm this 6u news with GMK?  They've always used off-center stems for the 6u bars, have they had a mold with both center/off-center this whole time or are they now making one for Yuri?

I asked them a couple months ago (T0mb3ry might have done the same) about it and they told me that they would be making a new mold for the 6U stems. This week GMK confirmed me that the molds will be ready to use.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 June 2017, 12:59:46 by Zambumon »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #424 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:03:43 »
Interesting.  I wonder if massdrop actually asked them to make that since there are people always asking on drop pages if their Razer keyboard is compatible.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #425 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:08:25 »
You should state this detail explicitly to avoid people unaware of the new mold that the set will include a center-steam 6u space bar that will be not compatible with 18xx boards and similarly laid out boards.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #426 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:08:51 »
Interesting.  I wonder if massdrop actually asked them to make that since there are people always asking on drop pages if their Razer keyboard is compatible.

MD didn't need to ask them, GMK has been really proactive for the last year and they have been taking our suggestions seriously.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #427 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:16:39 »
I guess that's true, they were on-board to make more convex caps for the planck/etc users.  Also just to clarify, do you mean they're making 6u bars that have both centered/off-center stems or that they're switching from off-center to centered?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #428 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:19:28 »
I guess that's true, they were on-board to make more convex caps for the planck/etc users.  Also just to clarify, do you mean they're making 6u bars that have both centered/off-center stems or that they're switching from off-center to centered?

Well, it appears that they are adding some quality issues along with new features. Back to the matter, the decision going with one or the other space bar should be explicitly discussed with interested parties.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #429 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:21:22 »

Due to the stem position, GMK can't make a double stem spacebar, so either off-center or centered.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #430 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:27:56 »
Huh, I'm surprised they'd do that then.  I feel like the people willing to spend $100+ on keycaps would have an 1800 layout more often than a Razer board.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #431 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:30:09 »
A double stem space bar looks like a better featured thing, than asking people opting for one or the other. SP does it, I do not see  why GMK doesn't.

Offline pomk

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 16:39:24 »
A double stem space bar looks like a better featured thing, than asking people opting for one or the other. SP does it, I do not see  why GMK doesn't.
There would be no room for a double stem in this case. The second stem would hit the side of the switch making it unusable.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #433 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 17:13:05 »
There would be no room for a double stem in this case. The second stem would hit the side of the switch making it unusable.

Haven't check dimensions;  but, if that is the case, then each GB leader should discuss the options with the participants, going for one, or the other, or even both.

Offline Cas

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 05:22:28 »
I would buy the 6u centered spacebar

Offline poolside

« Reply #435 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 14:03:31 »

The Hammer SA Carbon spacebar, and now this  :)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #436 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:04:23 »
June 6th update

Interested, vote here and get notified!

Base kit
Composed by almost 150 keycaps, the base kit balances cost and layout coverage: 60% (Poker, Ducky Mini, HHKB, KBParadise V60…), Leopold FC660M and Clueboard ,65% and 75% (Whitefox, TADA68, Saber68 M65-A, Exent, Octagon…) , TKL, ZZ96, RS96, Leopold FC980M, Duck Lightsaver, Duck Blackbird, 40% keyboards(JD40, JD45, Minorca, Minivan, and Caravan) and full-sized keyboards. It also includes UK ISO keycaps, winkeyless modifiers as well as a 6U spacebar with a centered stem.

Ergodox & Planck
In combination with the base kit, the Ergodox & Planck kit provides all the extra keycaps you would need to cover your Ergodox, Planck, Preonic, or Let's Split. Includes 1U and 2U R4C keycaps. And yep, no blanks.

NORDE
NORDE provides Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, and Swedish the essential keycaps needed for their keyboard layouts while keeping in mind affordability.

Community
Because The MK community is both the best and the worst of this hobby. This kit offers you a set of 15 R1 novelties.

Space bars
6u, 6.25U, and 7.00U spacebars as well as 1.75U, 2.00U, 2.25U, and 2.75U for split keyboards and 40 percents

Gallery

« Last Edit: Sun, 11 June 2017, 06:08:27 by Zambumon »

Offline colbs

« Reply #437 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:12:56 »
Darn.  I have been planning on putting this on my dox for a while now, but the new ergodox kit with legends sort of ruins it for me, as it doesn't match my layout at all.  Why the change?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #438 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:27:21 »
No stepped caps????  :-\
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #439 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:29:03 »
Darn.  I have been planning on putting this on my dox for a while now, but the new ergodox kit with legends sort of ruins it for me, as it doesn't match my layout at all.  Why the change?

If you've been following the last 4-5 group buys at Massdrop, all the Ergodox kits have been doing really well, specially those with legends (check out Godspeed, for instance). This kit covers plenty of combinations for Plancks, Ergodoxes and even the Kinesis Advantage.

I've received countless PMs asking for a kit like this and I believe that Nautilus is a set that can make it possible.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #440 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:29:07 »
June 6th update

Interested, vote here and get notified!

Show Image

Base kit
Composed by almost 150 keycaps, the base kit balances cost and layout coverage: 60% (Poker, Ducky Mini, HHKB, KBParadise V60…), Leopold FC660M and Clueboard ,65% and 75% (Whitefox, TADA68, Saber68 M65-A, Exent, Octagon…) , TKL, ZZ96, RS96, Leopold FC980M, Duck Lightsaver, Duck Blackbird, 40% keyboards(JD40, JD45, Minorca, Minivan, and Caravan) and full-sized keyboards. It also includes UK ISO keycaps, winkeyless modifiers as well as a 6U spacebar with a centered stem.

Show Image

Ergodox & Planck
In combination with the base kit, the Ergodox & Planck kit provides all the extra keycaps you would need to cover your Ergodox, Kinesis Advantage, Planck, Preonic, or Let's Split. Includes 1U and 2U R4C keycaps. And yep, no blanks.

Show Image

NORDE
NORDE provides Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, and Swedish the essential keycaps needed for their keyboard layouts while keeping in mind affordability.

Show Image

Community
Because The MK community is both the best and the worst of this hobby. This kit offers you a set of 12 R1 novelties.
Show Image

Space bars
6u, 6.25U, and 7.00U spacebars as well as 1.75U, 2.00U, 2.25U, and 2.75U for split keyboards and 40 percents
Show Image

Gallery

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Well at first there were some asking for a Stepped CTRL but the render of the base kit doesn't even have a Stepped key at all. Or did you just forgot a Stepped CapLock? Still secretly hoping for Stepped Ctrl 😌

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #441 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:29:29 »

While I don't use ergodox myself, I feel like it's a bad idea to have legends as per the reason stated above. People have lots of different layouts and might turn away people who would have otherwise purchased the kit.

Hmmm that seems to be a pretty big oversight as well...

Offline colbs

« Reply #442 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:34:11 »

If you've been following the last 4-5 group buys at Massdrop, all the Ergodox kits have been doing really well, specially those with legends (check out Godspeed, for instance). This kit covers plenty of combinations for Plancks, Ergodoxes and even the Kinesis Advantage.

I've received countless PMs asking for a kit like this and I believe that Nautilus is a set that can make it possible.

Fair enough.  You are correct on ergodox kits with legends doing well (e.g. carbon ergodox pro has sold almost twice as well as blanks).  I am just bummed because (1) my layout is not close to being covered with the new nautilus ergodox kit, and (2) I got yuri for a 60%, but would have gotten it for the ergodox (and bought nautilus for the 60%) if I knew this change was coming.

Oh well, good luck with the GB

Offline ehmlis

« Reply #443 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:50:48 »
It seems like I will only go with Base + Space bars. I would've gotten the ErgoDox/Planck kit as well, but now it turned out not to be blank so... idk, we'll see.

EDIT: I will ofc get the novelties as well, if they get released.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:55:07 by ehmlis »

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #444 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:54:38 »
I'm gonna have to pass on this. :( I really love the colors but I was only planning to get the Ergodox/Planck kit, not the base kit. The legends are too limiting and wouldn't match my layout. I also would be stuck using more yellow keys than I would want.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #445 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 16:56:06 »

While I don't use ergodox myself, I feel like it's a bad idea to have legends as per the reason stated above. People have lots of different layouts and might turn away people who would have otherwise purchased the kit.

Hmmm that seems to be a pretty big oversight as well...

Sorry, it was a render mistake. There should be a stepped caps lock in there.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #446 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 17:08:57 »
Is there any reason the 1u thumb cluster keycaps and the Lower and Raise keycaps aren't convex in the ErgoDox/Planck kit?

Offline avid

« Reply #447 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 17:14:32 »
No blue iso enter? Couldnt it be fitted into something like Norde kit?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #448 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 17:16:53 »
Is there any reason the 1u thumb cluster keycaps and the Lower and Raise keycaps aren't convex in the ErgoDox/Planck kit?

Those work as spacebars, not as Raise and lower keycaps.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 17:31:02 »

Those work as spacebars, not as Raise and lower keycaps.
What do you mean? All thumb keycaps should be convex, not just space bars.