Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)  (Read 193198 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 16:19:56 »
Epbt  Kuro Shiro: Sorry for the delay again. I thought the factory would send it to us on Saturday, but the factory said this morning that it is expected to send it to our warehouse next week

From Discord. One more week you guys. Hang in there.

What the actual ****... So far I am really disappointed with how everything has progressed.

I understand the reasons for the delay, but that doesn't make me feel any less disappointed at how long this is taking and how some mistakes could have been avoided.

You're yelling at the flight attendant because the plane is grounded because it's hailing outside.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 22:21:32 »
I'm really happy this is getting close to getting shipped. Pretty hyped. One good thing for me specifically, about delays is that I then have the time to hype up when purchasing it, get the hype down with the waiting and then get the hype up again when it is getting closer haha.

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 23:34:58 »
Stoicism, dear fellow GBers.

Or join enough GBs so that you’ll always have something coming along, despite delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Digitize

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 00:33:48 »
Epbt  Kuro Shiro: Sorry for the delay again. I thought the factory would send it to us on Saturday, but the factory said this morning that it is expected to send it to our warehouse next week

From Discord. One more week you guys. Hang in there.

What the actual ****... So far I am really disappointed with how everything has progressed.

I understand the reasons for the delay, but that doesn't make me feel any less disappointed at how long this is taking and how some mistakes could have been avoided.

Holy **** is this everyone's first GB?

Seriously it's a ****ing *week*, suck it the **** up and stop complaining. Jesus christ.
Took the words right out of my head. Well said good sir.

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 00:35:13 »

Or join enough GBs so that you’ll always have something coming along, despite delays.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 01:06:04 »

A Stoic wouldn't buy anything for materialistic gain in the first place.

The only thing preventing people from raging is thier experience with much ****tier GBs

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 04:25:10 »

The only thing preventing people from raging is thier experience with much ****tier GBs
The honest truth.
Over at GMK Peach n Cream, the GB finished in August but they are still waiting for samples from GMK for the THIRD time to correctly match the intended colors.
Like I said, just hang in there.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 04:31:24 »
I dont see the need to complain. A lot of GBs are worse than this, at least we got comms here.  :p
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 04:35:22 »
yeah. If most people got the options to either choose imperfect keycaps with mismatched colors and legends or wait a little bit longer it’d
be pretty clear. It’s impossible to perfectly plan these productions unless it’s mass produced. That again takes down the value of each set. I’d rather have a relatively rare, more expensive set delayed than a cheaper, mass produced set on time. Pick and choose.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 05:16:13 »
yeah, it's always worth waiting a bit to get the colors right.
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 20:27:31 »

You realize that the complaining doesn't make it get to you faster right? You've waited this long nothing stopping you from waiting a little more.

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 00:23:40 »

People know what they get themselves into. Delays are common, issues are unforeseen, you suck it up and you live with it.

If you can't do that, don't participate in the GB.

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 03:03:58 »
Complaining aside, I feel like the group buy process should be more streamlined than what it currently is. If group buys were a more common way of purchasing items, there would have been enough competition in the sector for there to have been massive improvements in how these drops are handled. Y'all are just acting like sheeps, trying to justify what is clearly bad customer service at multiple ends of the group buy interaction because others just so happen to have treated you even ****tier in the past. We suck it up and wait for the product, there is nothing else we can do if we want to buy sick keycaps, but those that complain have every justification to do so when a product they paid for takes more than twice as long to arrive at their door than they expected. Some of the more notoriously bad companies and group buy runners should pray that there isn't any more growth in this industry because they will find themselves unable to make any money when consumers have actual options. I do thank Gok for owning up to his mistake and being transparent about the situation, I hope this experience will allow him to better manage drops in the future.   

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 05:05:43 »
Complaining aside, I feel like the group buy process should be more streamlined than what it currently is. If group buys were a more common way of purchasing items, there would have been enough competition in the sector for there to have been massive improvements in how these drops are handled. Y'all are just acting like sheeps, trying to justify what is clearly bad customer service at multiple ends of the group buy interaction because others just so happen to have treated you even ****tier in the past. We suck it up and wait for the product, there is nothing else we can do if we want to buy sick keycaps, but those that complain have every justification to do so when a product they paid for takes more than twice as long to arrive at their door than they expected. Some of the more notoriously bad companies and group buy runners should pray that there isn't any more growth in this industry because they will find themselves unable to make any money when consumers have actual options. I do thank Gok for owning up to his mistake and being transparent about the situation, I hope this experience will allow him to better manage drops in the future.   

Nah, the people complaining are just used to dealing with companies that have items for sale that already exist. These aren't brick and motor stores. This isn't Amazon. These keysets exist as intangibles and vendors are at the mercy of the manufacturers. I assure you there were set backs in the production of every single item you've ever bought, you've just never had to participate in their creation. Miscommunications happen. Delays happen. The only thing we can ask for is communication which we've been given.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 05:47:44 »
 :cool: I for one am super stoked on the keycaps!  :cool:
I like keyboards

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 08:55:34 »

I think the point was already made, but the thing is most gb runners and designers are members of the community and known by a lot of people. When they go make a set, a board, they have to deal with external things, like manufacturers, a lot of times in china. And people on this hobby are usually quite picky, so these runners can't just let some wrong colors pass, because the ideia of the set that they sold on the GB has to be met. Otherwise, people will just throw hate at them like in a lot of cases with DROP.com. And the core of it is the very fact that a gb sells items that still gotta go through production. Even though sometimes designers can get proto items before starting the gb, it doesn't ensure that the production samples will be at the same quality and everything perfect. And we get it. In such a process a LOT of stuff can go wrong. Bashing the runner/designer for not foreseeing the delays is simply stupid imo. And most gbs these days have the classic "Be aware that this is a group buy and thigs can go to **** sometimes", which is there because they can indeed go to **** sometimes.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 10:00:54 »
Both sides have been heard at this point. Can we just let it go and leave this thread to actual updates and/or other questions please.

Cheers!

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 17:38:56 »
Ghghop and Berzerker... my comments were more of stating the factually obvious than a complaint. But you guys just really had to quote me didn't you? Feels good being the moral authority on the subject? Your comments added nothing to the discussion thread either, let's not get on our high horses here.

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 22:53:06 »
Ghghop and Berzerker... my comments were more of stating the factually obvious than a complaint. But you guys just really had to quote me didn't you? Feels good being the moral authority on the subject? Your comments added nothing to the discussion thread either, let's not get on our high horses here.
Your mindless complaining added less. At least my comments addressed the pointless complaining that was going on.

Just wait and you'll get your product. No need to rant about nothing in here.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 03:32:03 »
Your mindless complaining added less. At least my comments addressed the pointless complaining that was going on.

Lol, can't resist
Complaining about complaining :D

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 09:39:11 »

Not a high horse, just saying that while I am sure that the GB runners look at comments like yours and try to take something from it, it can be a lot more discouraging than constructive to complain so aggressively. You get much further with sugar rather than vinegar. You do you, but I think it is safe to assume at this point in the GB it is not going to do anything to expedite the process.

I agree with the others posts though, this thread is meant to monitor for updates at this point. If you have complaints to voice to the GB runner there are other avenues to do so.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 20:04:17 »

Complains about complaining while being one of the few guys actually ranting here. That's exactly what I mean when I say you two are on a high horse, a complete lack of self-awareness. Half the point of GB threads is to complain, constructively or not. I wasn't even complaining myself, I was simply saying at this point expect 5 more delay notifications and expect the worst.

On the other hand, there's no right or wrong when it comes to complaining. Are you going to go into Hyperfuse threads and tell people missing their f8 keys for years they're not justified to complain? Right now you're thinking "okay so what, this GB is only delayed for few months" and my response would be there's no universal delay threshold where complaining becomes justified. If people want to vent, fine and sometimes it indeed gets the job done. What I can't stand are the hypocrites.

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 20:33:41 »

Complains about complaining while being one of the few guys actually ranting here. That's exactly what I mean when I say you two are on a high horse, a complete lack of self-awareness. Half the point of GB threads is to complain, constructively or not. I wasn't even complaining myself, I was simply saying at this point expect 5 more delay notifications and expect the worst.

On the other hand, there's no right or wrong when it comes to complaining. Are you going to go into Hyperfuse threads and tell people missing their f8 keys for years they're not justified to complain? Right now you're thinking "okay so what, this GB is only delayed for few months" and my response would be there's no universal delay threshold where complaining becomes justified. If people want to vent, fine and sometimes it indeed gets the job done. What I can't stand are the hypocrites.

Rofl how am I being hypocritical? There's nothing hypocritical about telling complainers to stfu when no one wants to hear their *****ing. There's a large difference between pointlessly complaining about delays in a group buy seemingly thinking you'll get the product faster and telling that person to just quit *****ing and wait.

Every comment that "complains" about people pointing this out adds less and less to the conversation.

Are you a hypocrite now that you're "complaining" about me (supposedly) "complaining" about complaints?  See how stupid that sounds?

There's nothing "high horseish" about not wanting to listen to people ***** pointlessly. Every post you or someone else here makes that *isn't* an update on the GB just annoys people that are waiting for actual updates.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2019, 20:35:23 by Berzerker »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 21:04:36 »
Guys, you can block people on Geekhack.
Just block that whiny dude and move on.
It's almost a week anyway :)

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2019, 23:50:54 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Digitize

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 04:06:00 »
Thank you my dear friend. I didn’t know such a function even existed.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #225 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 05:01:39 »

woah you can do that?! Not that i want to block anyone but that's something new
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #226 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 18:48:24 »
Sorry, did they have a specific date in mind for the shipments? Or just "next week".

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #227 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 03:49:22 »

Rofl how am I being hypocritical? There's nothing hypocritical about telling complainers to stfu when no one wants to hear their *****ing. There's a large difference between pointlessly complaining about delays in a group buy seemingly thinking you'll get the product faster and telling that person to just quit *****ing and wait.

Every comment that "complains" about people pointing this out adds less and less to the conversation.

Are you a hypocrite now that you're "complaining" about me (supposedly) "complaining" about complaints?  See how stupid that sounds?

There's nothing "high horseish" about not wanting to listen to people ***** pointlessly. Every post you or someone else here makes that *isn't* an update on the GB just annoys people that are waiting for actual updates.

Sweet lord the irony. I pointed out a fact and you started this whole rant about 'suck it up' as if I were complaining in the first place. Not too bright these kids. And in case you haven't noticed, 95% of the comments in these threads never added anything significant to the conversation in the first place including every single comment you ever made.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 05:19:24 »
Hey guys, can we leave it now? There is now a full page of arguing.

Offline rjchatfield

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 06:28:02 »
Kickstarting a page of gratitude...

I.
Am.
So.
Excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 06:54:18 »
Just super excited for these caps. All the samples looked high quality!

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 07:06:20 »
Gib Kuro Shiro
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #232 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 07:07:22 »
yes! can’t wait for another PBT-set! :D

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 09:39:37 »
really exited as well. Every time I look at the proto pics I get just as hyped as when this lauched the GB!

Offline Kuyo

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 02:31:07 »
Are there pictures of the spacebar kit? not seeing it on the list of the new samples and was just wondering.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 03:38:31 »
Are there pictures of the spacebar kit? not seeing it on the list of the new samples and was just wondering.
I've got all the pics in the main post. Click on "more" under the KITS section.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 04:16:48 »
Really getting excited. Finally will able to mount a pbt set on my alice  :))
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 04:18:00 »
Has it been shipped to kbdfans warehouse?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline yorktown5

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 21:01:37 »
Super grateful for the extra care taken to properly colormatch. Much rather get it done properly than done quickly.

Also WHITE RAMA WHEN.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 21:20:07 »
Has it been shipped to kbdfans warehouse?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
I've asked KBDfans yesterday and they said that epbt are still packing the keycaps. Pretty disappointing that they're past another ETA but there's nothing I or even KBDfans can do about it.
At least it sounds like manufacturing is complete.

Regarding the shiro rama cap, I'm waiting for things to settle first. I've told KBDfans that I don't want to launch or progress anything until kuro/shiro has shipped.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2019, 21:45:47 by gok101 »

Offline infinitykw

• Amazed by the beauty of industrial design
    • zFrontier Profile
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 02:03:47 »
Thanks Gok and I share the disappointment.  You've been doing a great job by keeping us updated.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 03:24:59 »
Bless, it's coming soon. Good to hear they've been produced fully, at least allegedly.

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 06:21:05 »
Finally 3000SAT can start now? My body is ready!
I like keyboards

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 19:22:09 »
I can resume work on it soon. When I left it, there were some alignment issues with the sideprinting because there wasn't a template and EPBT just aligned the legends however they wanted,
I'm also wanting to change the blue to something a little bit darker.

In other news, KBDfans have told me that the keycaps have started shipping to them. They have been slow to respond to messages because they are in the middle of moving their warehouse.

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 20:33:18 »
I can resume work on it soon. When I left it, there were some alignment issues with the sideprinting because there wasn't a template and EPBT just aligned the legends however they wanted,
I'm also wanting to change the blue to something a little bit darker.

In other news, KBDfans have told me that the keycaps have started shipping to them. They have been slow to respond to messages because they are in the middle of moving their warehouse.
Thanks for the update.

Offline Tranq

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 00:34:59 »
Will there be extras for the kits and rama cap?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 04:18:04 »
Will there be extras for the kits and rama cap?
Not that I know of. There will be a different Rama cap in the future though.

Offline Battouseye

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 03:16:23 »
Wait people got there Rama's last month? I still have yet to get mine.

Offline Clo_0lD

« Reply #248 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 04:02:21 »
Wait people got there Rama's last month? I still have yet to get mine.

I think people who just ordered the Rama were getting them early.

On another note, wanted to upgrade my shipping from the epacket to something faster so I talked with kbdfans' support through Discord and I also asked for an update on the set. They told me that shipping should start in a week so hopefully that's true.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #249 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 07:30:56 »
From Discord:

Hello
Kuro_Shiro_Base_Set 385pcs ready
Kuro_Shiro_Number_Pad 79pcs ready
The other kits are still in production, and the factory says they are expected to be finished in a week

Wow.
For my next PBT dye sub set, I am definitely switching to KAT.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 November 2019, 11:51:44 by nguyenhimself »