Author Topic: [GB] Reflex & Paradox (Cancelled)  (Read 30995 times)

Offline ossetepo

Re: [GB] Reflex & Paradox (Form Closed - Invoices Sent)
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 21:44:19 »
Reflexbros c'mon pay up

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 10:51:23 »
Hey Guys,

A quick updateΩ

From the look of things currently, we have 1 confirmed invoice cancellation, and another one that looks to soon follow.

I will re-open the form to look for anyone that would like to hop on for the Reflex until this Sunday, 00:00 SGT.

If the spots does not fill, the GB will be cancelled, and everyone will be refundedΩ

With the cancellation of this GB, for your faith in my first designs and group buy, all paid participants of this GB will receive a one-time discount and priority slot on any of my subsequent projects as a gesture of my appreciation for your support.

I have learned much from this experience, and all the criticisms on geekhack as well as various Discord channels for this project has pushed me to find ways to significantly reduce my development & production cost for subsequent projectsΩ

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 10:55:53 »
Is there a market for Tofu clones?

Offline ptiede

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 11:25:56 »
Hey Guys,

A quick updateΩ

From the look of things currently, we have 1 confirmed invoice cancellation, and another one that looks to soon follow.

I will re-open the form to look for anyone that would like to hop on for the Reflex until this Sunday, 00:00 SGT.

If the spots does not fill, the GB will be cancelled, and everyone will be refundedΩ

With the cancellation of this GB, for your faith in my first designs and group buy, all paid participants of this GB will receive a one-time discount and priority slot on any of my subsequent projects as a gesture of my appreciation for your support.

I have learned much from this experience, and all the criticisms on geekhack as well as various Discord channels for this project has pushed me to find ways to significantly reduce my development & production cost for subsequent projectsΩ
Hopefully, it still works out, but if it doesn't thanks for running this in a professional manner. I will definitely be interested in your future designs, plus I want to try this mounting system.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 12:01:21 »

No, just Fjell clones.  :p

Most likely also a market for TGR clones.

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 12:42:04 »
damn that's depressing

shoutout to the 2 guys that joined the gb but didn't pay the invoice, not sure why people join things they do not plan on buying

hopefully we can find 2 more for reflex, was really looking forward to paradox
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline 1023andy

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 12:45:27 »
If this one fails, are you planning to do another GB soon?

Offline ossetepo

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 12:52:24 »
I'm still holding out hope this completes, but even if it doesn't I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next, Windeh.  I really like elastomer mounting systems, and I think this one has a ton of potential.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 12:57:35 »

I think there would be if it was a more premium Tofu. So brass of course, and perhaps a more premium aluminum with better anodization? Also, top mount instead of tray mount.

Using the more durable 7075-T6 aluminium would especially set it apart, but I don't know if using that aluminum would significantly raise the cost.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 15:04:49 »
Invoice dodgers...Yikes  :'(

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 16:01:24 »
Spread the word that 2 spots need to be filled. really want the paradox T_T
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 18:25:31 »

No, just Fjell clones.  :p

Most likely also a market for TGR clones.

I think there would be if it was a more premium Tofu. So brass of course, and perhaps a more premium aluminum with better anodization? Also, top mount instead of tray mount.

Using the more durable 7075-T6 aluminium would especially set it apart, but I don't know if using that aluminum would significantly raise the cost.

LOL just kidding, inb4 $500 Tofu clone meme.  :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 January 2019, 18:47:06 by Windeh »

Offline ptiede

Re: [GB] Reflex & Paradox (Order Form Open for Reflex - 2 Spots Remaining)
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 15:43:57 »
Only need one more for reflex! Come on, we are so close...

Offline SBN

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 15:47:23 »

I count 13 paid on the Reflex sheet? The invoice numbers aren’t without a gap anymore...

Offline ptiede

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 15:58:35 »

I count 13 paid on the Reflex sheet? The invoice numbers aren’t without a gap anymore...

Ya but a new person joined. They just haven't been invoiced yet. So we need one new person to join. I am assuming the new people will pay their invoice.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 17:33:55 »
One last final invoice. My Jane and mini Jane dream is happening  :))

Offline jumpmineralwater

• jumpmineralwater IG
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 17:50:27 »
Yup. We need one more person to join for Reflex

Offline Windeh

• a no name
Re: [GB] Reflex & Paradox (Order Form Open for Reflex - 1 Spot Remaining)
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 22:07:43 »
Plot twist. We have 1 more spot open for Paradox.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 22:10:26 »
So one paradox and one reflex?

Offline ptiede

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 22:20:59 »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 22:26:13 »

Yarp.

All right guys, if you're having buyer's remorse, please let me know ASAP as there will be NO REFUND after the order is placed with the factory.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
This buy is a roller coaster of emotions :))
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 23:41:03 »

Yarp.

All right guys, if you're having buyer's remorse, please let me know ASAP as there will be NO REFUND after the order is placed with the factory.

I mean if it gets canceled no need to refund lol.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor

Offline Etherealsound

Ha, this gb is like a leaky boat rn. plug one hole, another leak opens up. Let's pray for the best and get the word out!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
Guys, buy reflex.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
So... What's the latest news? Pass? Fail? Still waiting a bit?

Offline Windeh

• a no name
Looks like we have failed to reach MOQ, and the GB will be cancelled.

I believe we have everyone that is going to join joined already, and any extension is just going to have more dropouts.

I will begin the refund immediately, so y'all should be receiving your payment back shortly.

Lets try just 1 design for the next IC...  ;)

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
Re: [GB] Reflex & Paradox (Cancelled - Refunding)
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 10:32:56 »
this sucks
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline nasp

• * Vendor

I believe we have everyone that is going to join joined already, and any extension is just going to have more dropouts.

I will begin the refund immediately, so y'all should be receiving your payment back shortly.

Sad times. Beautiful designs regardless.

Looking forward to your next creations.

Offline ptiede

This is sad :( I'll be in for your next design though.

Offline garbo

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 11:16:07 »
Yeah... Probably best not to drag things out if you feel the GB’s doomed. Least you got some sweet prototypes out of it.

Hope you can come back with something similar that’s a bit easier to machine. Even if you were just to take the paradox and simplify the weight to a Jane-like toblerone or simpler plate, it seems like the costs could be made a little more palatable.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 11:32:40 »
Yeah... Probably best not to drag things out if you feel the GB’s doomed. Least you got some sweet prototypes out of it.

Hope you can come back with something similar that’s a bit easier to machine. Even if you were just to take the paradox and simplify the weight to a Jane-like toblerone or simpler plate, it seems like the costs could be made a little more palatable.
I got the impression he had figured some ways to save money, but changing the fundamental design after folks already paid is awkward.

Offline ossetepo

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 11:35:15 »
Sad to see this cancelled, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next with this design.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 11:36:49 »
Its disappointing how this buy ended but I will be anxiously be waiting on your next design and GB. I know it's way early but just out of curiosity Windeh do you have a goal of when you plan to start your next buy?

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 12:08:07 »
Aw, this is so sad..

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 12:17:52 »
Other then Pemdas, everyone should have had their invoice payments refunded.

Pemdas will be refunded ASAP, most likely by Monday, because PayPal Singapore is terrible.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 12:56:23 »

I got the impression he had figured some ways to save money, but changing the fundamental design after folks already paid is awkward.

Reducing cost for manufacturing is a combination of savings I will be able to pass down to subsequent GBs. However the designs for Paradox and Reflex is final, as any modifications to the design will simply increase development costs even further, and dilute back into each GB pricing.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 13:01:07 »

Reducing cost for manufacturing is a combination of savings I will be able to pass down to subsequent GBs. However the designs for Paradox and Reflex is final, as any modifications to the design will simply increase development costs even further, and dilute back into each GB pricing.

Any plans to sell the prototypes, or will you keep them around for their sentimental value?

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 13:13:57 »

Sad to see this cancelled, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next with this design.

Its disappointing how this buy ended but I will be anxiously be waiting on your next design and GB. I know it's way early but just out of curiosity Windeh do you have a goal of when you plan to start your next buy?

Prototype for my next design should arrive next week, so it's well into development.

There will be 18 sets made, with target pricing well below $400 for base kit.

The IC will go up when the design is ready for production. There will not be a long IC like for the Reflex & Paradox.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 13:14:40 »

Any plans to sell the prototypes, or will you keep them around for their sentimental value?

No plans to sell the protos at this moment.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 13:15:50 »

Prototype for my next design should arrive next week, so it's well into development.

There will be 18 sets made, with target pricing well below $400 for base kit.

The IC will go up when the design is ready for production. There will not be a long IC like for the Reflex & Paradox.

Oooooo exciting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 13:21:57 »
My wallet is ready. Are working with another 60% layout again?

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 13:38:14 »

Yes, it will be the same mounting system and 60% layout. I'd like to finish a 60% GB before moving on to other layouts, as market available PCB compatibility is a top priority for me.

Offline ptiede

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 13:43:06 »

Yes, it will be the same mounting system and 60% layout. I'd like to finish a 60% GB before moving on to other layouts, as market available PCB compatibility is a top priority for me.

Excellent! I am very excited.

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 14:18:49 »

Any plans on HHKB blockers?
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 January 2019, 17:06:02 by DJSwayde »
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline jobicoppola

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 14:28:04 »
Was looking forward to hearing how clacking away on the Reflex would sound and feel in person, so I am disappointed it didn't quite work out, but just wanted to say - kudos to Windeh for 2 great looking and well thought out designs, as well as for handling everything so promptly and professionally.  Can't wait to see what comes next!

Offline jumpmineralwater

• jumpmineralwater IG
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 17:50:19 »
Looking forward to your next group buy.

Unfortunate that we didn't make it this time. Really wanted these.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #198 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 17:54:33 »
Glad to see you already had plan for future developments. Fingers crossed you'd still keep that weight design from Paradox. Very much need a Jane and mini Jane in my life  :thumb:

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 18:14:43 »
Other then Pemdas, everyone should have had their invoice payments refunded.

Pemdas will be refunded ASAP, most likely by Monday, because PayPal Singapore is terrible.

Hey that's me :cool:

Sad news on the GB cancellation, was really interested in that mounting system and weight...

Looking forward to your next design!
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX