Author Topic: Signature plastics novelty keycaps question  (Read 2091 times)

Offline AbsurdMan

Signature plastics novelty keycaps question
« on: Sat, 29 October 2011, 02:31:00 »
Does anyone know what keys that the wide and medium profiles correlate to? I know the small ones will fit small size ones(like the numeric and alpha keys) but what will the one like the self destruct key be the same size as? I was thinking shift. And i know ill have to mod them to fit a cherry switch, and that i can email them too, i just wanted to check here first. I appreciate any responses.

Offline Gin

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 October 2011, 02:42:58 »
People usually profile keys according to their rows. Row 1 is the one with space bar and the other modifiers. 2 is the shift row. 1 and 2 have the same height. Next is row 3, which has their own height. Row 4 also has its own height. Row 5(numbers) and 6(Fn) are the same height.

Shifts have their own size. Ctrl, Alt, Windows, and that thing next to the right Ctrl that i forgot the name have the same size. Tab and |\ usually have the same size. Enter is its own size, backspace also has its own size.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 October 2011, 02:45:16 by Gin »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 October 2011, 12:47:15 »
It's usually a menu key to the right of the control, though I have a keyboard where "FN" (funciton) takes that place.

Unfortunately, modifiers usually have their own size, depending on the board they're used with, For example, my unicomp has wider CTRL keys than my WASD.

Offline Gin

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 29 October 2011, 14:32:15 »
Quote from: dorkvader;441837
It's usually a menu key to the right of the control, though I have a keyboard where "FN" (funciton) takes that place.

Unfortunately, modifiers usually have their own size, depending on the board they're used with, For example, my unicomp has wider CTRL keys than my WASD.

Thank you. I missed that.