Author Topic: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed  (Read 135058 times)

Offline Doip

Re: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 12:06:06 »
He finally posted on Discord today saying that shipping will start tomorrow morning.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 19:31:20 »

Offline Tree_

« Reply #502 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 02:47:59 »
No shipping confirmation. Guessing that was obvious though.

Offline TypicalOranges

« Reply #503 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 08:55:48 »
Hey guys, I posted this in the discord, but I assume some of you aren't there:

hey guys, if you are one of the people that received a spring sample, opened a dispute, and then chanmin attached tracking of the springs to the claim case to win: Please call paypal customer support and re-dispute. I just got off the phone with a customer service rep, you will need to reopen a "Signficantly Not As Described" Claim. He just tried to do this to me but I had my dispute swapped over ezpz. This one will be much easier to win. Good luck.

I would also recommend when you talk to a customer service rep you make note of Chanmin's highly fraudulent, unethical behavior. It is likely that after so many disputes and customer complaints for him to be banned from Paypal as a merchant.

Chanmin, all you had to do was respond to my dispute with tracking information for the two keyboards I ordered. You have said boards would be ready to ship twice in the past few weeks, but instead you responded to my dispute with tracking for the springs that were sent in July. **** you, man.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 November 2020, 08:58:00 by TypicalOranges »

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #504 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 14:13:45 »
Hey guys, I posted this in the discord, but I assume some of you aren't there:

hey guys, if you are one of the people that received a spring sample, opened a dispute, and then chanmin attached tracking of the springs to the claim case to win: Please call paypal customer support and re-dispute. I just got off the phone with a customer service rep, you will need to reopen a "Signficantly Not As Described" Claim. He just tried to do this to me but I had my dispute swapped over ezpz. This one will be much easier to win. Good luck.

I would also recommend when you talk to a customer service rep you make note of Chanmin's highly fraudulent, unethical behavior. It is likely that after so many disputes and customer complaints for him to be banned from Paypal as a merchant.

Chanmin, all you had to do was respond to my dispute with tracking information for the two keyboards I ordered. You have said boards would be ready to ship twice in the past few weeks, but instead you responded to my dispute with tracking for the springs that were sent in July. **** you, man.

It's pretty clear at this point what's been attempted here. If it were not for PP Buyer Protection, people would be forced to turn to CC companies and file a dispute in that manner. I don't know if Chamin's in a bad place and COVID/hurricanes have left them in debt, he has orders prior to the GB he's backdated on and needed funding to fulfill, or he needed a way to fund the next part of his R&D, but it's plainly clear the lack of communication and the actions taken line up to bad faith.

Good people have the instinct to trust first, defend themselves second. If you don't communicate, you're breaking that trust forever -- it's a terrible thing to lose. So Chamin, just communicate to people. You know they are upset. If there's something going on, some people will understand, others will not -- and it can be scary to face, but you'll be better off for it.

Otherwise, we'll need to believe the worst as guidance for our next steps. Cheers!
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 November 2020, 00:16:50 by Curin Derwin »

Offline h40

• h40.io
[GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 23:57:24 »
Remember months ago when Chanmin shared fake screenshots of shipping systems and first 20 keyboards "Preparing for Delivery"

This thread and GB is a display of an atrocious lack of respect for customers. So glad I got out of this.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 November 2020, 07:28:44 by h40 »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #506 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 13:35:33 »
Just a nice to know kinda thing; this Sunday marks the 6 months after my payment. Already have been refunded but still have the calendar item. So half a year, no boards shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tree_

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 17:52:12 »
Just a reminder that if you don't want to have to go through calling PayPal to sort out a dispute, the last day to lodge one through the website will probably be the second week of December (Depending on when you paid the invoice).

As it stands Chanmin's last update on Discord was November 18 stating he was "ready to ship tomorrow". So far as I can tell, no one has received shipping confirmation.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #508 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 23:31:59 »
Chanmin hasn't provided any further updates on either Discord since the 18th which was when he claimed he was "shipping tomorrow".

The cutoff date to lodge a dispute via Paypal is getting way too close, so I've done so today. Since the 18th at least 4 to 5 people that I know of have got a refund without Chanmin replying to the dispute.

If you're on the fence about disputing, I'd do it - At this point I'd be shocked if these boards see the light of day, even if Chanmin has had photos of finished boards since June.

Offline TheHun

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 13:26:22 »
Looks like I missed the payment protection deadline by a day according to PayPal. Feel a bit a bit screwed with no communication or updates.   :-(

Would be great if he resurfaces and say a few words!

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #510 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 13:54:59 »
why is he still not banned here?

Offline TheHun

« Reply #511 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:25:01 »
I would prefer a reply from him. With Covid and all I understand there is delay. Happy to wait longer, but speak up.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #512 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:56:31 »
I can't believe this is even still going on. I would have thought that everyone would have gotten out of this group buy by now!

Offline TheHun

« Reply #513 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:51:00 »
Well some did.... some other like me forgot to pay attention to the dates when to pull back and looks like missed it by a day.

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #514 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 16:23:25 »

I was one of those, who wanted to join this GB, but missed it, was surprised at what is happening, it is very dishonorable!

Offline TheHun

« Reply #515 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 19:06:38 »
After escalating it with paypal even though I was 181 day after the purchase they have refunded my money.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #516 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 06:48:23 »
After escalating it with paypal even though I was 181 day after the purchase they have refunded my money.

Awesome! Im glad to hear that TheHun. I would hate for anyone to get taken advantage of by this sham of a group buy.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #517 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 23:43:25 »
Chanmin has apparently started another GB in Korea before shipping any 660's or DGL TKL's:

The Kkingkkongworks site is also no longer accessible.

If you are yet to log a PayPal dispute, I would highly suggest doing so.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #518 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 04:45:35 »
Chanmin has apparently started another GB in Korea before shipping any 660's or DGL TKL's:

Show Image

The Kkingkkongworks site is also no longer accessible.

If you are yet to log a PayPal dispute, I would highly suggest doing so.

The nerve of this guy. Looking back all that bull**** about the office flooding and such. I still hope they actually ship the boards in the end but I highly doubt it.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #519 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 20:43:17 »
Further to my last post, I've also now realised that Chanmin has completely removed the DGL TKL channel from one of his Discord servers and that after going back through old posts in the old Discord that he had photos of completed 660's from as early as mid-April. I'd assume these were from the KR GB, but Korean buyers have also said they haven't received their boards.

Again, and this can't be stressed enough, this GB and the DGL TKL GB are scams and if you haven't already you should submit a Paypal claim asap. If Chanmin attempts to run another GB outside of Korea, I'd avoid it at all cost.

Offline lovidore

« Reply #520 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 01:13:08 »
Remember how some people were up in arms against the "normies" who saw these warning signs and dipped before it was too late?

I do. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Glad many of us acted fast and got out.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2020, 01:15:35 by lovidore »

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #521 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 15:23:46 »
30 june 2020

i got some email notification from him that my package was shipped.
but its only the spring for testing.

my question is, if he sent only the spring, why he must upload the shipping number in PP? so he can get the money earlier?

Show Image

Show Image

The answer to your question has come full circle. It's now very clear what was going on. Good sense on you -- you knew it was strange back in July.

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #522 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 15:25:10 »
Remember how some people were up in arms against the "normies" who saw these warning signs and dipped before it was too late?

I do. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Glad many of us acted fast and got out.

Hey man you're lucky to have gotten in on this, just be patient </s>

Offline Tree_

« Reply #523 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 17:29:18 »
Got refunded today, Chanmin didn't respond to the dispute. Good luck to anyone who hasn't managed to open a dispute or is crazy enough to stick it out.

Offline Curin Derwin

Re: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard
« Reply #524 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 02:00:54 »
Approved :thumb:
Will this person be prevented from running a GB in the future, Hoffman?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #525 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 12:45:06 »
I can't believe this is even still going on. I would have thought that everyone would have gotten out of this group buy by now!

Right? This is one of the few situations where people actually had ample time and signs to follow that they absolutely had to jump ship before it was too late - I would not be surprised if all that remains is a handful of people that didn't actually pay attention (either due to being new or just negligence). Good for everyone that did get their money back, sucks to have had it tied up for months for no reason and/or not receiving a board they really wanted but it's literally best case scenario. Pretty much every other similar instance has ended much, much worse for the consumer.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #526 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 12:25:44 »
66% boards are cursed