Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 935077 times)

Offline Ultaar

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Opening Today - 5PM EST)
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:24:46 »

Offline C0LD

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:24:57 »
Would have been great to get this as a first good keyboard. Oh well. I hope you people who got one enjoy it :)

Offline avtar

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:25:26 »
Yeah I'll wait to see an official post. If that's actually what happened then I think it's fair to discard the entries that were made while GH was down and just post a new time and Discord where it'll be announced.

Not sure if the trolls are trying to cheat people out of a board or if Weaston didn't go by his word. Guess we need to see what he posts. :'(

Offline ae

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:26:01 »
I was under the assumption that all updates were to be on geekhack. Oh well, I hope you all thoroughly enjoy your boards to those that won. To the people that lost just like me, it is what it is, sometimes life just isn't fair but that's life.
this was supposed to be my first GB, extremely disappointed :(

Offline vaughno

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:26:09 »
weastonToday at 5:09 PM
i just closed it at 330 responses, will probably allow for a little overflow past 200 units since so many people were interested.  I'll make a GH post when it comes back online and say sorry to the people that weren't here.  I should have had a better plan so totally my fault, but sometimes things don't go how we want them to so here we are
Unikorn | Orion v3 | GSKT-00

Offline Carlobv

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:26:20 »
Not sure if the trolls are trying to cheat people out of a board or if Weaston didn't go by his word. Guess we need to see what he posts. :'(

It's legit. He posted on the discord.  I was also one trying to refresh GH, but it is what it is. 

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:05:32 by Carlobv »

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #256 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:26:25 »
Weaston, you said u will dont go Discord friends only!
But u have done it. Better wait for GH to came online.
Unfair. WHY This Discord? Why not any other keeb relaited chat?

That discord was the other keeb related chat. It was held on the biggest public mechanical keyboard server in the kb-kustoms channel.

Offline TexMech

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:26:37 »
Yeah I'll wait to see an official post. If that's actually what happened then I think it's fair to discard the entries that were made while GH was down and just post a new time and Discord where it'll be announced.

Yup... Either way the comments are hilarious

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline segami

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:26:48 »
Feels bad. Woke up early too (in asia)

Offline Roadsign1993

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:27:03 »
yeah any "offical" update would be great ... just so i know i can go sleep or not.

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:27:11 »
Well well well how the turntables

Offline noorejji

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:27:36 »
Yikes. Glad I decided to skip this in favor of Prophet.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:27:46 »
Thanks for not posting the link on the dedicated group buy page. I think it was wrong to give people in the discord a guarantee to get one after we were all on this thread waiting.
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:27:50 »

It's legit. He posted on the discord.  I was also one trying to refresh GH, but it is what it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Weaston couldn't even access his own thread to edit it. The website was 504/503'd for a solid 10 minutes for me.

Offline duckboi

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:28:00 »
kb-kustoms is in the mechkeys PUBLIC discord friends
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline avtar

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:28:20 »
Wow just like that huh, okay...

Offline modeseven

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:28:32 »
Sad part was I was in general mechkeys.... guess I should have checked kustoms. RIP.

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:28:43 »
I was under the assumption that all updates were to be on geekhack. Oh well, I hope you all thoroughly enjoy your boards to those that won. To the people that lost just like me, it is what it is, sometimes life just isn't fair but that's life.
this was supposed to be my first GB, extremely disappointed :(

High chance that you would've been dissapointed anyway, a lot of people wanted this board with very little to give out

Offline born2relax

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:29:00 »
was the trivia legit lolol

Trivia didnt matter but you better have answered 69420.

Also, I would've postponed the GB due to GH being down.

Lastly, the limit on such hyped boards should always be 1.

hopefully I got in. *Fingers crossed*

Thank you Weaston.

Offline avtar

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:29:39 »
So what? It was stated here that the link wouldn't be posted anywhere else and yet here we are

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:30:17 »
weastonToday at 5:09 PM
i just closed it at 330 responses, will probably allow for a little overflow past 200 units since so many people were interested.  I'll make a GH post when it comes back online and say sorry to the people that weren't here.  I should have had a better plan so totally my fault, but sometimes things don't go how we want them to so here we are

This makes very little sense to me - why would someone apologise for not planning for GH being down? If there's anything to apologise for in the instance that the form was indeed released and has now been closed it's for the absolute bait and switch that was the whole "I'm not in any discords apart from the ones with my friends, nothing to fear" turning into literally doing it on a random discord server just because Geekhack is down for 20 minutes.

It's easy to reschedule, but if the GB was indeed ran on discord I'm sure the people who got in through that would not be too happy if it did happen.

Offline Ahrimofnor

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:31:11 »

How do I join this discord in case something similar happens in the future?

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:31:27 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Weaston couldn't even access his own thread to edit it. The website was 504/503'd for a solid 10 minutes for me.

he def couldn't access GH. He was trying for like 10 minutes while on discord. Ultimately decided to post the google form link in mechkeys.

Offline sonicdoooom

« Reply #273 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:32:30 »
The fairest option would be to just run a raffle for 250 units. The group buy was supposed to be EXCLUSIVE to this geek hack thread yet the link was released on discord without warning. Sadly no point in *****ing, nothing is ever fair in the world and people are never held to their word.

I hope other GB runners will learn from Weaston's monumental mistake here.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:34:44 »
Locking this temporarily.

Talked to weaston and he will give a post soon, GH was indeed down due to all the traffic to the site. GB link was shared in the r/mk discord in the kb-kustoms section. Don't PM please!

weaston or other mods can unlock when needed.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline weaston

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:49:42 »
GSKT-00 GB Update

I would like to apologize for the confusion and the chaos.  As I said before I wanted to have this GB here and I would like to be known as someone who sticks to my word.

I was unable to access GH starting at 4:25.  Nothing would load on any browser I had, I was going to post the link to the form and have the entries disabled until 5.  I kept refreshing and refreshing and nothing happened so I joined the mechkeys discord (which I have been in previously) and said I would post the form there.

I didn't want to postpone the buy because that felt unfair to people that were up outside their normal schedules to try to submit and I felt like there was good overlap between Geekhack users and Discord users.

So here's what's going to happen.

It would be unfair to cancel the orders of the people who already submitted albeit by my error in judgement, so i am keeping the first 200 boards from the Discord sale, but I am also going to post another form here and take the first 100 boards ordered.

The form will open at 5pm EST on January 22nd.  I will update here with a list of users who have a spot in the first 200 before the new form is live.  Anything I said on Discord about 250 units or anything else is nullified.  There will be 200 Discord units and 100 Geekhack units.

That way the people who already ordered will have their submissions respected and those people who were trying to submit on Geekhack will still have a large enough chance.

I am willing to take on the substantial increase in order size so I can make it more fair to everyone and also as an apology for the way it unfolded.  This will of course increase the lead time of the group buy by at least a month if not more, but it is something I am willing to do to make sure those people that were only on Geekhack had a chance, especially after me saying I would run it here only. 

I did mean to run it here only and did not factor in people flooding Geekhack over 30 minutes early stopping me from uploading the form.  I will upload the form a few minutes after this is posted and my inbox is open here and on Discord for any questions or concerns.

Thank you all.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:52:40 »
i am ANGRY!
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:01:29 by bisoromi »
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline Gerfunkle

« Reply #277 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:53:16 »
Seems fair. Gonna be working with no access to outside networks. Good luck to everyone who plans on entering Wed.

Offline carlanthony

• DIVINIKEY INC.
    • Divinikey Inc
« Reply #278 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:55:16 »
Anyone got the sauce for the actual options that were on the final google form? I hope friends of the people who got on the discord order won’t have an unfair advantage of knowing exact options on the form versus those that have no idea what’s on the final version.

Maybe i’m just being crazy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dantambok

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:56:22 »
Anyone got the sauce for the actual options that were on the final google form? I hope friends of the people who got on the discord order won’t have an unfair advantage of knowing exact options on the form versus those that have no idea what’s on the final version.

you're just being crazy lol
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:56:26 »
in b4 posting it to kustoms a second time - that would be amazing, please lord let it happen.

Offline carlanthony

• DIVINIKEY INC.
    • Divinikey Inc
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:57:22 »

you're just being crazy lol

Hahaha :(. I feel like everyone here went crazy for about half an hour!

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:58:03 »
was 11 pages, like 4 of those pages are asking about 2nd/3rd/4th plate, have to click 'none' on those if you're not ordering with extras. pretty straight forward.

in b4 posting it to kustoms a second time - that would be amazing, please lord let it happen.

prolly won't happen lol. link is already posted.

Offline zian_

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:59:11 »

Are you serious?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:59:46 »

Nothing about the first round was fair so who is to say that the second round will be any better. Regardless it is what it, just wait for the 22nd at 5pm and pray to your gods.

Edit: To clarify, sometimes things don't go according to plan and there is no need to waste time speculating.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:07:23 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline skrunk

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 17:59:55 »
The form will open at 5pm EST on January 22nd.  I will update here with a list of users who have a spot in the first 200 before the new form is live.  Anything I said on Discord about 250 units or anything else is nullified.  There will be 200 Discord units and 100 Geekhack units.

There's going to be less people refreshing the thread on the 22nd, but I'm sure there's still going to be a lot of people checking in on this thread. Any other way you can update people just in case a similar situation happens?

Appreciate having you re-schedule a new GB day for the people who didn't get in! :thumb: I'm sure no one wanted this to happen

EDIT: Oh the form link is already posted. I'm dumb.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:01:53 by skrunk »
Past Keyboards : LZ CLS, Unikorn, Noxary X65, KFE CE, HHKB Pro2, Realforce TKL

Current Keyboards: FC660C, HHKB Pro1, GSKT-00

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:02:00 »

There's going to be less people refreshing the thread on the 22nd, but I'm sure there's still going to be a lot of people checking in on this thread. Any other way you can update people just in case a similar situation happens?

Appreciate having you re-schedule a new GB day for the people who didn't get in! :thumb: I'm sure no one wanted this to happen

New form is already up, no need to kill GH again

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:02:41 »
Understandable. I only got on the discord link by luck. Hopefully I'm in that first set, but if not I'll be trying again on this one. It's unfortunate GH couldn't handle the traffic. I get wanting to do it here instead. But I'm glad those that didn't even get to submit will have a second chance. Def need to post the form link an hour in advance and hope that's enough XD.

Ah. It's already up... Good... Good

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:02:47 »
GSKT-00 GB Update

Good on you. I think that's the only fair way to go about it, and the reduced unit count is reasonable enough all things considered.

Offline fabryrock

« Reply #289 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:03:30 »
I bet my board was number 201

Offline vaughno

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:03:33 »
When will you announce who got in for the discord buy?
Unikorn | Orion v3 | GSKT-00

Offline regionfree

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:05:17 »
Anything stopping those already in the first 200 from joining and getting a spot again?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:05:21 »
I bet my board was number 201
Haha. I'll be right behind you at 202 for sure...

Offline skrunk

« Reply #293 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:05:31 »

New form is already up, no need to kill GH again

Yeap, I missed that one :confused:
Past Keyboards : LZ CLS, Unikorn, Noxary X65, KFE CE, HHKB Pro2, Realforce TKL

Current Keyboards: FC660C, HHKB Pro1, GSKT-00

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:06:20 »
Anything stopping those already in the first 200 from joining and getting a spot again?
The same thing preventing them from just submitting a second form this time? Full name, email, forum name, etc. There's only so much you can do.

Offline Sanity

« Reply #295 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:15:19 »
GSKT-00 GB Update

You were between a rock and a hard place and made a decision. The only thing that matters is how you ultimately decided to handle it once the dust settled. You could have wiped the discord orders clean or doubled down on them. I think both present problems once the initial decision to put it up on discord was made. On the spectrum of fairness, I think your decision runs closest to the most equitable.

Thank you all.

Nah, thank you for considering both sides before coming back with an answer. A lot of people would have probably doubled down once they decided.

Offline kronograf

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:21:59 »
imagine running a raffle
jane me | 910 me

Offline regionfree

« Reply #297 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:24:32 »
Actually it would be fairer if it was 200 for GH and 100 for discord, since GH was the promised official channel.

Next time it’s better to reschedule (since that’s similar to what’s happening now anyway).

This is still good. Betting a big chunk of buyers are in it for flip profit. And now, we have 300 units entering the market.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:25:16 »
Nothing about the first round was fair so who is to say that the second round will be any better. Regardless it is what it, just wait for the 22nd at 5pm and pray to your gods.

Edit: To clarify, sometimes things don't go according to plan and there is no need to waste time speculating.

Slightly curious as to why the knee jerk response from OP wasn't just to postpone the GB start. Either inexperience or a desire to please Discord.

Thankfully my level interest in this board doesn't require a trip to the salt mine.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:29:42 »
Moral of the story: TKL > all