Author Topic: Headphone Thread.  (Read 1311794 times)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Headphone Thread.
« Reply #4600 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 15:56:26 »
I've heard great things about the m1060s.. especially the version 2 improvements over the initial release

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #4601 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 18:42:36 »
I have the HD 700's now and they are great for gaming. Their ability for positional audio is fantastic (depending on the game of course).

Music still sounds incredible but I do notice a huge difference between them and the HD 600. Thinking the 650's would be the just right in between. Gonna be selling my HD 700's though and take a chance on the Monolith M1060's.

I'd say the HD600 is probably more of an in-between for the HD650 and HD700. The HD650 is a bit darker sounding than the HD600.

For gaming I would say the HD650 is between the HD600 and HD700.

For music I completely agree. HD700 is a good musical headphone, HD650 is good but not as good as HD700, but the HD600 IMO beats out them both.

I've heard great things about the m1060s.. especially the version 2 improvements over the initial release

I sold my HD700's quicker then expected so I just ordered the M1060 rev2....literally today. And, I just upgraded from my Asgard 2 to the Lyr for a straight across trade. Will report back on my opinion.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4602 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:32:42 »
Sweet!  I might pick up some m1060s to compare against my he400i

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4603 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 13:46:51 »
potato

m2u stack + fostex th600

fiio x7 + noble 4c

next up is probably flagship CIEMs next year
I love Elzy

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #4604 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 13:51:42 »
potato

Show Image

m2u stack + fostex th600

fiio x7 + noble 4c

you finally get the nobles situated? i remember reading you had to send 'em back a couple times

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4605 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 13:55:09 »
potato

Show Image

m2u stack + fostex th600

fiio x7 + noble 4c

you finally get the nobles situated? i remember reading you had to send 'em back a couple times

i've been happy with them for about a year now (I had to send back only 1 time because initial fit didn't work out). will be sending them back for a refit soon since they've offered to do so, right ear is leaking just a tiny bit.

customer service A+ but it's kinda annoying to have to ship back to China and wait for turnaround time.

the process of customs are kind of a pain in the ass... but they're so good. and so prettyyyyyyy
I love Elzy

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4606 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 21:27:21 »
potato

Show Image

m2u stack + fostex th600

fiio x7 + noble 4c

Jealous of those th600s! They are one of the pairs I am considering.

I have an audio-gd nfb-11 coming!

« Reply #4607 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 22:35:22 »
Etymotic Reasearch HF5 IEMs for music and podcasts. Astro A50s for gaming.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #4608 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 21:23:04 »
Sony MDR-7506 driven by a Topping TP30 Mk 2 which also drives a pair of Minimus 7.
REΛLFORCE

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #4609 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 23:27:04 »
I found a pair of Sennheiser HD 6XX's on Craigslist for retail, but I could probably try for $180 or something. Would the Audioengine D1 be fine for these? Or should I look into upgrading?

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4610 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 10:28:59 »
I found the idea of planar mag IEM's from Audeze to be quite intriguing, so I snagged an iSine 10 to give it a go. It's been a while since my last IEM/can purchase as I've gotten quite jaded with my audio gear. Planar magnetic IEM's on-the-go is new to me, so gonna give it a spin.

Inside the box....

I wasn't at all surprised that my G6 was able to power it up to pretty loud volume with ease....

Edit - Had to change Photobucket image links to imgur.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 July 2017, 21:13:39 by PadawanGeek »

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #4611 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 20:34:54 »
I found a pair of Sennheiser HD 6XX's on Craigslist for retail, but I could probably try for $180 or something. Would the Audioengine D1 be fine for these? Or should I look into upgrading?

Looking over the specs on the Audioengine D1 it will definitely work to power them. Never having listened to the Audioengine D1 myself I couldn't comment on how good it will sound as a pair with the HD6XX's but it will definitely work.

If you want to get a little crazy however you could go for the Schiit Modi 2 uber, the Schiit Vali 2 and the Genalex Gold Lion E88CC tube. Offers plenty of power plus an incredible amount of added bass to any headphones. I hope you enjoy the HD6XX though, big Sennheiser fan myself.

You could also go towards the Garage1217 Project Starlight tube amp. It's a bit pricier but absolutely the best tube amp for the price.

Offline mason

« Reply #4612 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 10:20:38 »

Looking over the specs on the Audioengine D1 it will definitely work to power them. Never having listened to the Audioengine D1 myself I couldn't comment on how good it will sound as a pair with the HD6XX's but it will definitely work.

If you want to get a little crazy however you could go for the Schiit Modi 2 uber, the Schiit Vali 2 and the Genalex Gold Lion E88CC tube. Offers plenty of power plus an incredible amount of added bass to any headphones. I hope you enjoy the HD6XX though, big Sennheiser fan myself.

You could also go towards the Garage1217 Project Starlight tube amp. It's a bit pricier but absolutely the best tube amp for the price.

Thanks for the recommendations! This guy hasn't replied to my email yet, so I could be saving a lot of money  :))

Offline TennisShoeNinja

« Reply #4613 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 11:03:54 »
I fell on the hype of astros, any recommendations for wireless gaming?

« Reply #4614 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:51:54 »

Depends on the platform. I've got A50's for Xbox One my wife gifted me and I honestly love them. I've had to fix them a few times, but that's my own careless fault. For PC, I use my Etymotic Research HF5's 'cause it's easier than swapping out my A50's between the two. I'm not so much the audiophile, and particularly for gaming I just want the advantage of hearing a reload over hearing the music.

Offline TennisShoeNinja

« Reply #4615 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:52:37 »

Depends on the platform. I've got A50's for Xbox One my wife gifted me and I honestly love them. I've had to fix them a few times, but that's my own careless fault. For PC, I use my Etymotic Research HF5's 'cause it's easier than swapping out my A50's between the two. I'm not so much the audiophile, and particularly for gaming I just want the advantage of hearing a reload over hearing the music.
I'm on PC. seems like run out of battery all the time. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4616 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 17:08:07 »
They certainly do. I can't deny that. I don't play for long stints anymore with my daughter on the way. If you're a PC guy, I honestly can't help much at all as there are just too many options and I haven't tried out enough give any solid advice. If you need a headset, I'd even check r/headphones on Reddit as they've got a whole buyer's guide and it's a very active community.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #4617 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 12:24:09 »
UPS yesterday delivered a pair of Grado SR80e. I just listened to "Down the Wire" by Spyro Gyra and I'm very pleased with them. And Scott Ambush is a God.
REΛLFORCE

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #4618 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 17:26:26 »
Any Aurisonic ASG 2.5 users here?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4619 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 09:46:17 »
My Denon d7000s are on their last aesthetic legs. At this point they are literally being held together with packing tape, although the sound drivers still sound fantastic. I need to swap the 'engine' out in a new body so to speak, but have no idea where to get them repaired.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4620 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 12:21:28 »
My Denon d7000s are on their last aesthetic legs. At this point they are literally being held together with packing tape, although the sound drivers still sound fantastic. I need to swap the 'engine' out in a new body so to speak, but have no idea where to get them repaired.

Nothing wrong with packing tape..

Offline mason

« Reply #4621 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 23:26:36 »
177288-0

Number 875! First time using Craigslist and it was at 9 p.m.

My boy also threw in that headphone stand and an aftermarket cable.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4622 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 07:29:12 »
Got my HD6XX from the seller today, looks to be in just about mint condition. Funny thing about the color though, it looks like black but when the flash from my phone camera struck it, it looks blue.

Took out some of my other cans from storage to see how the HD6XX stacks up against them....using my Oppo HA1 as the DAC combo of choice for me.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #4623 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 12:24:20 »
Got my HD6XX from the seller today, looks to be in just about mint condition. Funny thing about the color though, it looks like black but when the flash from my phone camera struck it, it looks blue.
Show Image

Took out some of my other cans from storage to see how the HD6XX stacks up against them....using my Oppo HA1 as the DAC combo of choice for me.
Show Image

Yeah, it's a nice midnight blue. I like it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4624 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 06:11:24 »
Not quite the level that we usually see in here but I wanted to share my new headphone purchase; a set of Bose Soundlink II Bluetooth headphones

Initial impressions after 2 weeks of ownership: Very light, great sound quality, very good and reliable syncing with my iPhone (yes, even on iOS11) and very comfortable. There is also a good quality microphone on the right cup for calls which works very well, even outside. You can't see it very well from the inside shot, but the cups are angled to allow more room for the larger part of your ear.

This means that the whole of the padding sits flush with the side of your head which is great. It's not something I've had before so I thought I would share. I thought it was a great design idea.

My reasoning behind getting new Bluetooth headphones was because I tend to do a lot of work in our data centre, and I wanted the flexibility of not having to use corded headphones while I'm standing up and crouching and kneeling and stretching and ****. Also I got them through an electronics buy scheme through work so I got a discount too :) And the white goes with my phone as well, plus I think the black version looks weird with the blue bits.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4625 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 23:16:21 »
I've decided to remove the HiFiMan HE-4 for comparison against the HD6XX since the former is no longer available (or, at the very least, pretty damn hard to find). In its stead, I've rustle  up my Audio Technica ATH-R70X which is a damn fine and easily available can. Gonna take a few days for me to audition them and gather my thoughts....

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #4626 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 07:52:15 »
Ik this is a headphone thread but I´m looking for speakers around the 400$ mark. Was looking at the ruark mr1 mkii, since it's gotten generally good reviews, do you guys know of any other good bang for the buck speaker?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4627 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 08:58:39 »
Ik this is a headphone thread but I´m looking for speakers around the 400$ mark. Was looking at the ruark mr1 mkii, since it's gotten generally good reviews, do you guys know of any other good bang for the buck speaker?
I was gonna recommend a pair of JBL LSR305, or even a pair of KRK Rokit5 G3 (which I'm using)  but I'd been reading about the Ruark MR1 Mk II, seems like a good choice.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4628 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 17:46:18 »
I need to borrow some dank IEMs while I get my nobles refit :( or buy something cheap... but that doesn't sound very enticing.
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4629 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 21:43:34 »
I need to borrow some dank IEMs while I get my nobles refit :( or buy something cheap... but that doesn't sound very enticing.
I'd recommend some ChiFi IEM's, but they do take a while to deliver and by then, you'd prolly have gotten your Noble back. Granted, if you're looking for something to sound like, say, a Noble Savant, I can't think of any ChiFi IEM that's straight up neutral. They'd be somewhat colored sound signature-wise, I have some nice mainstream IEM's (never understood the need for custom jobs, but hey, that's just me being me I guess), but I do have some ChiFi IEM's because -
1. They sound good, surprisingly good actually, given their asking price
2. Should I happen to lose on, or damage it, I won't feel at all bad since.....well, they're cheap.

I like the Senfer 4in1, heard the Senfer 6in1 improves on the 4in1 (less treble sparkle), but I like 'em sparkle. I have the KZ ZS3 and ED12 which I've found to be a tad dark for my liking, but they do have sumptuous bass.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking of getting a Cayin iDAC6 and iHA6 stack......trying to talk myself out of it though.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4630 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 06:31:22 »
I'm all up on then kz zst pros. $20 1 day shipping thnx amazon
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4631 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 08:19:25 »

So yeah I got these from Amazon with 1 day delivery. They call these the KZ ZST Colorful (or also known as Pro). My audiologist is away until November 1 but I gave these a listen anyway just to prepare myself. I read a few reviews and a lot of them said that I'd need the SPC "upgrade" cable or else they would sound muddy and boy were they right. I ordered the cable + some comply tips separately (also 1 day shipping but they arrived later in the evening) and these were muddy af compared to the new cable. I also hate silicone ear tips so much. It's the main reason why I feel the need to have customs, it's just a comfort thing, I can't do universal ear tips it irritates me, even foam ones but I'll settle for the complys.

Got these in a very Sifo-style aesthetic, the main reason why I chose them to be honest. It's probably what my customs would look like if I didn't go with the Wizard's fancy craftsmanship. I also wanted to go with these because they were the only 2-pin iems available through amazon canada, but then I found out these are the TF10 2-pin so I wouldn't be able to use my cables without permanently expanding the sockets so I decided to get the SPC upgrade cable instead. Ended up costing like $60 cad? IEMs were 27 and comply tips + cable ended up being 33 or so.

I must say though, for the price they're definitely not bad. Probably the 2nd best Chinese IEM I've tried (and I've tried quite a few since before I got my customs I was a chi-fi budget chaser). The best I've tried being the Ostry KC06A but those are also a lot more expensive. I have the Noble 4C which was the flat/neutral monitor in the previous lineup, so I knew I wouldn't be getting anything with a sound signature I'd be used to.

The sound signature is fine, good mid bass and decent sub bass extension, highs with good clarity and a little bright, slightly recessed + warm midrange but no big deal. Definitely wouldn't call them dark. They're comfortable and have great isolation for a universal though.

Biggest difference going from something nice to Chi-Fi is the imaging and instrument separation. These have pretty good clarity with the upgrade cable, but the bass is far far behind compared to the rest of the instruments and vocals which sound very forward.

Main things I can pick out during burn-in: surprising amount of detail but snares and claps are kinda hard to hear in electronic music and metal, kicks are fine and sub bass is good. They kinda remind me of my TH600s at home which is nice. They're definitely way more bassy than my "boring" style 4C but I'm not super into bass. One thing I like about the 4C better in the bass department is the tight and controlled punch it has, which I definitely miss. Female vocals sound kinda dry but very forward. Guitar kinda tinny, lacking a larger body/presence that I like but once again very forward. One of my favourite piano pieces sounds god awful with these, much tin.

Only other pair of earphones I have are MEE M-Duos which I got off Massdrop ages ago. Only thing I remember about those was that I didn't like the bass. Kinda lazy to compare them right now while i've still got my customs but maybe in the future when I'm bored. But really it's not fair to compare these to my Nobles at all, they were never meant to be on the same level lol. I do like these though, sucks that you pretty much HAVE to buy an upgrade cable
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 October 2017, 10:06:38 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4632 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 08:54:16 »
Joined the current HD6XX drop, pretty excited. I've got a pair of HD555's from way back that I love to death. Have AKG 553's for work which aren't bad but I like a warmer sound. Will be nice to have something for proper home listening and experimenting with amps.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4633 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 08:55:28 »
Joined the current HD6XX drop, pretty excited. I've got a pair of HD555's from way back that I love to death. Have AKG 553's for work which aren't bad but I like a warmer sound. Will be nice to have something for proper home listening and experimenting with amps.

personally waiting for the hd8xx kek
I love Elzy

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4634 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 18:27:06 »
Senn 7/8__ is too much for me. I think I'm over hobbies like keyboards where I just have to try everything and convince myself that I can always sell the stuff I don't end up liking (spoilers: I end up liking everything).

I'm going full milquetoast with headphones: HD6XX(50) and a Schiit Magni + Modi. Can't have too much excitement in my life, it's unhealthy.

But I really like the idea of Denon 5k's, or ZMF Atticus's. FML.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4635 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 21:48:24 »
Senn 7/8__ is too much for me. I think I'm over hobbies like keyboards where I just have to try everything and convince myself that I can always sell the stuff I don't end up liking (spoilers: I end up liking everything).

I'm going full milquetoast with headphones: HD6XX(50) and a Schiit Magni + Modi. Can't have too much excitement in my life, it's unhealthy.

But I really like the idea of Denon 5k's, or ZMF Atticus's. FML.
Oh man, I can so identify with that, at one stage I had something like 30 or so keyboards, from Cherry MX to Topre to BS, I just had to step away and find something else to tickle my fancy. Went off the deep end with the purchase of a HD800 as my first true audiophile can, and I've not looked back since. Tried out various DAC stack/combos and I've ended up with three audiophile level setups - Oppo HA1, Gustard H10 + X12 stack and a Fostex HPA4 along with a number of cans (15 thus far). I think I'd swapped one money draining hobby for another....

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4636 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 07:09:54 »
and yet we're all still here
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4637 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 10:12:34 »
I don't mind some opinions on what my next purchase optio(s) might be:
1. Cayin iDAC6 and iHA6 stack, the version I'm looking at has a glass top for the iDAC6
https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/cayin-idac-6-and-iha-6-dynamic-duo-page-2

2. My 2nd option needs no introduction among headphone enuthusiasts.....the much venerated HE6 with grill and ohhgourami mod.

Option 1 and 2 cost about the same, but I have the budget for only one, I supposed the HE6 would be a safer bet as it would definitely have better resale value (should I not like it).....

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4638 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 08:50:01 »
I've changed my mind about getting the HE6 (ohhgourami mod, 6 screws) and the Cayin stack, instead, I've gone back to one of the first higher end DAC combo (iFi iDAC Micro). This time 'round, it's the new and improved iDAC Micro Black Label.....got it a a pretty good price, only two days old (it was brand new and sealed).

No, not sealed in this pic as I'd opened it to look inside to complete the deal

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4639 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 12:21:35 »

Came in today. Can probably use the Asgard to heat my apartment for the winter, I knew a Class A would be warm, but I think I underestimated it a little.

Good sound so far, more listening tomorrow. I think the bass was clipping when listening to my HD555's straight from my desktop/laptop, a lot smoother through the amp.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #4640 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 13:11:24 »
If only the cable wasn't so terrible on these :/

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4641 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 16:49:23 »
nice gets everyone
I love Elzy

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4642 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 17:08:54 »
Show Image

Came in today. Can probably use the Asgard to heat my apartment for the winter, I knew a Class A would be warm, but I think I underestimated it a little.

Good sound so far, more listening tomorrow. I think the bass was clipping when listening to my HD555's straight from my desktop/laptop, a lot smoother through the amp.

I know that's the Modi but since they moved to the Magni3 on their site, you can get the Magni2 uber on Amazon for $79.00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SCBX6FA/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1_w

I need a serious headphone upgrade. I'm still on these Sennheiser eH150. Looking at the AKG from Massdrop, DT990, or HE-400i.

Any opinions from anyone here? I'll be running through a magni/modi stack. Thanks!
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4643 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 20:22:28 »
I know that's the Modi but since they moved to the Magni3 on their site, you can get the Magni2 uber on Amazon for $79.00

I need a serious headphone upgrade. I'm still on these Sennheiser eH150. Looking at the AKG from Massdrop, DT990, or HE-400i.

Any opinions from anyone here? I'll be running through a magni/modi stack. Thanks!
What kind of can are you looking at? Open or closed back? What's your preferred sound signature? What's your budget?

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4644 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 03:14:30 »

What kind of can are you looking at? Open or closed back? What's your preferred sound signature? What's your budget?

I want to try an open back. I've always had cheaper earbuds or noise cancelling headphones. The earbuds are fine for portable audio but for posting up in front of my computer for hours at a time I want something comfortable and sounds good that I'm not going to get annoyed with. After an hour or more of solid listening these just feel like they start degrading in sound.

For sound signature I honestly don't know. My uses are music and gaming. The most video watching I do with headphones on is when I fall into a youtube k-hole. These are my first steps out of some off the shelf stuff from Target or Wal-Mart.

What I have listed I've read a bit about and I find them in a decent price range of $200-300. Ultimately I want to stay under $500 for this purchase.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4645 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 05:45:49 »
The most popular options are probably HD600/650 and DT880/990 it seems, at least speaking as someone who also just bought their first pair of $200+ level cans (HD6XX)

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4646 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 02:49:31 »
Wow, this thread was in danger of slipping pass Page 1, I feel I have to step up and rescue it!  :cool:  ;D Anyway, just got a pair of cheap custom cable from a local custom cable guy. It's really quite affordable at just under 40USD, looks good and feels quite solidly made due to the cable braiding. I'd custom made mine from the usual stock one with braiding, 4pin Neutrik plug and higher quality plugs that go into the HD6XX.

I'm using a spare room, so I'm not using it with my Oppo HA1 which is in my actual room. Anyway, I'm using the iFi Micro iDSD BL, hence the need for that 4pin Blanced to 6.3mm adapter cable.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4647 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 20:47:39 »
There are some SCREAMING deals to be had here:
https://www.audeze.com/promotional-products/black-friday-2017

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #4648 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 12:52:25 »
Welp, another year, another set of good quality headphones destroyed. God and Kansas City in general seem to hate my (very limited) wallet.

• First non-sucky headphones were a pair of Koss Sportapros. Blew out a speaker.
  • Second set of non-sucky headphones were another pair of Sportapros. Blew out its speaker as well. (Apparently the 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle preamp is a bit too powerful. Yikes.)
  • Switched to a cheap set of Marshmallows and Kramer modded them. Worst Christmas present since the Year of the Useless Tools (sorry, mom, please don't do that one again).
  • Switched to my first good quality phones, a pair of MDR-V6's. Loved them. Loaned them to my mom, who was victim of an attempted robbery during a run for groceries in her wheelchair. She was fine, the V6's were murdered.
  • Got a second pair of V6's. Victims of yet another attempted theft. Mom unharmed again, however, and she responded by beating the **** out of the robber this time with a cane. Police felt no pity for him.
  • My previous headphones, a set of MDR-7506's. Killed in freak accident with paranoid shelter cat.
  • "Current" headphones, my M40x's, ruthlessly destroyed in runaway electric wheelchair accident. RIP.

Now in the market for an inexpensive set of decent headphones until I get some money in April or May. Will probably have to settle for Sport-a-Pros again until then because I'm money-strapped with only about 30 bucks free. Worst part: just got my first amp for Christmas, a relatively low in Fiio A1 (my current player, a 6" Amazon Fire Tablet, just cannot drive headphones at all.)
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4649 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 05:56:17 »
Let me suggest Superlux (or similar) cans of your choice and perhaps a case for storage/traveling.