Author Topic: Keyboards Stores in China  (Read 3470 times)

Offline dfoo

Keyboards Stores in China
« on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 23:54:51 »
A friend's parents are going to Beijing, China in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew a good keyboard store with reasonable prices there.
Specifically I'm looking for
a PLU ML-87 otaku in white with cherry blues
KBC Poker 40% with cherry reds
and a noppoo choc mini with cherry browns.
If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

Offline Multiple

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 00:15:16 »
Write 电脑城 (computer city) on a paper and hand it to a taxi driver, that will do.

Last time I was in Beijing, I bought a filco tenkeyless brown, it was expensive as hell. 1800RMB if I remember correctly.

Offline marvkip

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 02:48:23 »
Holy shiet! You should have just ordered it online or have gotten a topre.

Offline Human

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 05:13:30 »
Quote from: Multiple;341898
Write 电脑城 (computer city) on a paper and hand it to a taxi driver, that will do.

Last time I was in Beijing, I bought a filco tenkeyless brown, it was expensive as hell. 1800RMB if I remember correctly.

Chinese, a race that born to make (more) profit.

Offline Larry Dallas

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 07:24:26 »
They'll want to go to Zhong Guan Cun (中关村),every cab driver knows where it is. Iirc, most of the keyboard stalls are on the fourth floor. You won't be able to get a Filco or Topre for cheap, but you should be able to get a Noppoo, Plum or KBC pretty cheaply, especially if you haggle.

Offline Larry Dallas

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 15:21:05 »
I should add that although you won't be able to buy Topres, HHKBs or Filcos any cheaper there than you can here, you will find them in stock in all different colors. That's more than you can say for any brick and mortar store in the US. They have plenty of Duckies, too, but they seem to run a few hundred RMB more than Plums, KBCs, Noppoos or any of the other Chinese brands you'll find there.

Offline dfoo

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 09:02:57 »
thanks a bunch guys. :) seems like i'm set. time to add 3 new keyboards to my 2 keyboard collection :)

Offline foliolio

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 10:42:16 »
A small correction for the wiki: 电脑城 (computer city) and Zhong Guan Cun (中关村) are one and the same place i.e. Zhong Guan Cun is the computer city in Beijing; thus, they shouldn't be listed separately under the Beijing-section in the wiki. I'm sure Ripster is on the case at his earliest convenience.