Author Topic: Best US shop for Italian ebayers...  (Read 1432 times)

Offline The Solutor

The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline xwhatsit

Best US shop for Italian ebayers...
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 20:51:21 »
Shipping from the US internationally is unbelievably crap. I've figures around that mark shipping to New Zealand from the US. Even shipping from the UK or, incredibly, somewhere like Sweden, is far cheaper.

Let alone the attitude of a lot of US sellers who won't even bother to ship overseas -- because filling in a two-line customs sticker is REALLY inconvenient of course.
Beam spring IBM 5251 (7361073/7362149) & IBM 3727 (5641316) | Model F IBM 122-key terminal & IBM PC-AT 84-key | Model M Unicomp 122-key terminal | Cherry MX Blue Leopold Tenkeyless

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 21:01:15 »
Yes, but I already bought a lot of item, for a keyboard, usually the pshipping is from around 30$ to 55$ depending on the method.

For 265$ I want see the shuttle endeavour parked on the other side of the street...
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 21:04:20 »
For $265 they ought to AT LEAST buy you dinner before they f**k you.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 21:11:54 »
KL, intuitively I like more the shuttle option...:wave:

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 21:33:40 »
Quote from: ripster;343553
Hahaha - never sell to Italy without having delivery confirmation.

I think that just a moron could send a 50+$ item from side B to side A of this flat planet w/o a trackable shipment, no matter if destination is Italy, Germany or whatever.

You WILL get scammed.

Looks like you are experts in urban legends, AFAIK the service offered by italian postal service is way better than USPS (as most public services in europe v.s. public services in US).

Companies like DHL or Fedex are the same in Italy as in US as in every served western country.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 21:51:49 »
Quote from: ripster;343576
Try buying a watch on USA Ebay.

If you want to trick the custom fees, you are easily out of luck, but this has nothing to do with the mail service.

Ship with a reasonable receipt and nothing will be lost or hugely delayed.

My xarmor was delivered in two days from the US west coast to the Italian customs, and three days (because the week end) to come in my hands.