Author Topic: Have you ever bought from KeyboardCo and shipped to US?  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Zet

Have you ever bought from KeyboardCo and shipped to US?
« on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 14:57:31 »
Greetings GHers,

First off, sorry for all the coming and going around with my posts, it's just I love doing all sorts of researches before buying something, and since I found so many people whiling to help here, I happy to consult with you guys.

I live in South America, and I wanna get a filco keyboard from thekeyboardco, the UK layout (equal to the spanish layout btw).
I have a friend on UK, a cousin traveling soon to USA, and I want to know the best way to get the keyboard.

If I pay with credit card and have it shipped directly to my country, I won't have to pay VAT, which is around 25%+ the total price, but I'll have to pay a tax when it arrives here which is 23%+ the price.

If I pay with credit card, and have it shipped to my friend in UK, I'll have to pay the VAT(+25%) but probably I won't have to pay as much as 23% when it arrives my country.

If I pay with credit card, and have it shipped to my cousin in USA, I wont't have to pay VAT(+25%) and I will not pay any tax when my cousin comes back to my country, but I wanna know exactly, if one of you guys bought a keyboard from TheKeyboardCo and had it shipped to your place in USA(my cousins case is chicago), if he will have to pay something like a tax or something for the keyboard being shipped from UK to Chicago.

Thanks a lot in advance, and I hope someone can help me with this fast, since I have to make the order soon, my cousin is staying only for 1 week there, so the keyboard has to arrive before the 19th.

Zet

Offline MrSneis

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 15:00:46 »
I recommend Amazon fulfilled by keyoardco instead!
Filco Tenkeyless Brown | Filco Tenkeyless-2 Blue | Leopold Tenkeyless Blue

Offline Zet

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 15:08:36 »
Amazon is not an option, they don't have the 105 key UK layout at sale

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 15:31:52 »
Quote from: Zet;343963
Amazon is not an option, they don't have the 105 key UK layout at sale

I did it, it was fine, just cost a LOT more than if I didn't have to pay the currency conversion price (+60%).
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline Zet

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 15:56:31 »
Quote from: Chobopants;343971
I did it, it was fine, just cost a LOT more than if I didn't have to pay the currency conversion price (+60%).

so if I have it shipped from UK by TKC to US, I won't have to pay any tax or anything when I pick it up, but what you warn me is that currency conversion was a pain for you, paying in USD, and having it converted to GBP costed you 60%+ right?

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 22:59:15 »
Quote from: Zet;343987
so if I have it shipped from UK by TKC to US, I won't have to pay any tax or anything when I pick it up, but what you warn me is that currency conversion was a pain for you, paying in USD, and having it converted to GBP costed you 60%+ right?

Yes that is correct.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 23:10:01 »
Their shipping is crazy fast though.  I received an email from them on Tuesday asking for my phone number for the courier and then on Friday, the UPS guy showed up at my doorstep with the package!  That's even faster than some stuff I bought from the same state. lol
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2011, 23:36:40 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Zet

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 23:17:17 »
Quote from: reaper~;344189
Their shipping is crazy fast though.  I received an email from them on Tuesday asking for my phone number for the carrier and then on Friday, the UPS guy showed up at my doorstep with the package!  That's even faster than some stuff I bought from the same state. lol

Hi Reaper, well I hope so X_X so if there's no extra payment that needs to be done, I'll have it shipped to Chicago, and hope it gets there before or during the week my cousin is there, so he brings it back to me when he returns from his trip by the end of may. Oh god, such a long time waiting Y_Y I'm so desperate I really considered about paying the 50$ extra of tax and have it shipped here in 3 days :(

Thanks again also Chobopants for the info, what I really wanted to do is know this. What my plan is, to have a friend from UK pay the keyboard with his card, so I won't have to pay 60%+ for the conversion of my cash. Moneygram rocks!

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 01:12:45 »
Yeah you won't have an issue having it shipped to america. I've just this past week gotten packages from Israel and Malaysia. They arrive just like anything else would.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)