Author Topic: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread  (Read 336914 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 23:40:58 »
is that another weird california thing on the front of the trigger guard

Yes  :(

Its what I like to call the "no fun button".... have to use a tool to release the mag with it on.

Oh gawd... I'm so sorry :'(

Offline poopmat

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 23:43:40 »
no hadji reload  :mad:

REΛLFORCE 103u, Ergodex DX1, IBM model M, Daskeyboard II, QFR brown,

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 23:47:44 »
is that another weird california thing on the front of the trigger guard

Yes  :(

Its what I like to call the "no fun button".... have to use a tool to release the mag with it on.

Oh gawd... I'm so sorry :'(

Thats not the worst part... that mag is blocked off to only accept 10rds...  :-[
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline poopmat

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 23:53:44 »
what thats blasphemy
you want i should send u a real ak mag??

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #304 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 00:01:35 »
Thats not the worst part... that mag is blocked off to only accept 10rds...  :-[

Yeh... I already knew that part :( At least you have nice weather... Lol.

what thats blasphemy
you want i should send u a real ak mag??

Lol~Do eet~ Time to get jpm804 in trouble :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 October 2012, 00:03:18 by VesperSAINT »

Offline poopmat

« Reply #305 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 00:10:38 »
dude just pm me and i will send you "parts"

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #306 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 00:56:03 »
dude just pm me and i will send you "parts"

Thanks Poopmat.... I need a middle man to get me the good "parts" ....  ;D

It is a shame all these mags must be blocked..... AK mags are my new ClickClack Keys  :p Gotta get all the colors...

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 06:32:11 »
I had been looking for this thread for a little while...nice collections, folks.

I am going to buy very soon...leaning towards a soft-shooting 9mm with high capacity that I can CCW. I plan to get my permit regardless of whether I choose to CCW, to help protect my rights. I'm leaning towards Sig Sauer or HK. Love everything I've heard about the P226 although I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet. I see a couple folks here have them...I may just be joining you :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 06:48:57 »
I had been looking for this thread for a little while...nice collections, folks.

I am going to buy very soon...leaning towards a soft-shooting 9mm with high capacity that I can CCW. I plan to get my permit regardless of whether I choose to CCW, to help protect my rights. I'm leaning towards Sig Sauer or HK. Love everything I've heard about the P226 although I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet. I see a couple folks here have them...I may just be joining you :)

I think you can't really go wrong with either. They are both amazing companies that provide quality firearms. I personally think the P226 is on the large side for a CCW but other than that, it's an almost flawless pistol. You also have to decide if you want an all metal pistol (Sig Sauer) or a polymer frame (most HK's). I personally don't find all steel pistols to be too heavy (carry a CZ 75B PCR) but the size is the most important (especially width).

I'll be looking forward to see what you purchase and how you end up liking them :D:D:D

Offline Octane

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 08:49:44 »
Nice collections guys! I live in Canada and we are very limited in what we can own, and what we can do with them. Not to mention they are pretty expensive. I am jealous of all the hardware you guys to the south are allowed to own.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Here is my Remington 700 XCR in .308. It has a stainless action, fluted stainless barrel, and adjustable trigger  I don't think I have owned a more accurate rifle. There's a Robinson Arms XCR-M in .308. The XCR-M is non-restricted in Canada, meaning I can hunt and shoot pretty much anywhere. Restricted firearms, like an AR's or handguns, can only be fired at an approved range. Most semi-auto rifles are restricted in Canada, except hunting rifles of course. This thing gets a lot of attention at the range and everyone likes to shoot it. I can't say enough about this gun - it has been flawless.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

These are my S&W 686 .357 mag - it has the shortest barrel allowed in Canada - any shorter of a barrel is just too dangerous for a Canadian to own lmao. I shoot .38 quite a bit because its a little cheaper here, and the wife can shoot it, but isn't that interested really. A sig P220 in .45; I also have the .22 conversion kit for it because .45 is pretty expensive here. The Sig has been a flawless gun. I highly recommend a Sig, but what I have heard its a little bulky for CCW, but of course I have no experience with that.

And my stainless Colt series 70. I just bought the Colt this month and only have a couple hundred rounds down the pipe yet. Took me a long time to find it as Colts are pretty hard to come by in Canada - and damn expensive when you do. I bought this with plans to modify it for IPSC, but now I'm not sure I can butcher it - it seems to be pretty rare even in the US.

BTW this is my first post with any pics so if they turn out too crappy I will take some better ones later and post them.

EDIT: not sure what happened to this post. can't seem to fix it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 November 2012, 08:57:41 by Octane »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #310 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 09:18:49 »
I think you can't really go wrong with either. They are both amazing companies that provide quality firearms. I personally think the P226 is on the large side for a CCW but other than that, it's an almost flawless pistol. You also have to decide if you want an all metal pistol (Sig Sauer) or a polymer frame (most HK's). I personally don't find all steel pistols to be too heavy (carry a CZ 75B PCR) but the size is the most important (especially width).

I'll be looking forward to see what you purchase and how you end up liking them :D:D:D

Oh thanks for that info...I think that is going to seal the deal for Sig with me. I went to the range yesterday and I was dead-on with every all-metal gun I fired. But when I shot my buddy's polymer S&W .40, I really had trouble staying on target. I find I am more accurate with the all-metal ones (probably because I am a bit recoil-sensitive). I will let you know soon...I almost bought an SP2022 yesterday, which the rangemaster had recommended, but I just wasn't sure. I've heard such great things about the P226...I'm worried if I don't go the full step up I may be disappointed :)

Offline poopmat

« Reply #311 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 11:17:47 »
Nice collections guys! I live in Canada and we are very limited in what we can own, and what we can do with them. Not to mention they are pretty expensive. I am jealous of all the hardware you guys to the south are allowed to own.

(Attachment Link)

Here is my Remington 700 XCR in .308. It has a stainless action, fluted stainless barrel, and adjustable trigger  I don't think I have owned a more accurate rifle. There's a Robinson Arms XCR-M in .308. The XCR-M is non-restricted in Canada, meaning I can hunt and shoot pretty much anywhere. Restricted firearms, like an AR's or handguns, can only be fired at an approved range. Most semi-auto rifles are restricted in Canada, except hunting rifles of course. This thing gets a lot of attention at the range and everyone likes to shoot it. I can't say enough about this gun - it has been flawless.

(Attachment Link)

These are my S&W 686 .357 mag - it has the shortest barrel allowed in Canada - any shorter of a barrel is just too dangerous for a Canadian to own lmao. I shoot .38 quite a bit because its a little cheaper here, and the wife can shoot it, but isn't that interested really. A sig P220 in .45; I also have the .22 conversion kit for it because .45 is pretty expensive here. The Sig has been a flawless gun. I highly recommend a Sig, but what I have heard its a little bulky for CCW, but of course I have no experience with that.

And my stainless Colt series 70. I just bought the Colt this month and only have a couple hundred rounds down the pipe yet. Took me a long time to find it as Colts are pretty hard to come by in Canada - and damn expensive when you do. I bought this with plans to modify it for IPSC, but now I'm not sure I can butcher it - it seems to be pretty rare even in the US.

BTW this is my first post with any pics so if they turn out too crappy I will take some better ones later and post them.

EDIT: not sure what happened to this post. can't seem to fix it.

if you are looking for a 1911 to modify try to find a norinco
they are series 70 copies and are really well made
they cost about 4-500 here in the us
dont alter the colt!!!!!!
you will only ruin its value

Offline Octane

« Reply #312 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 12:37:16 »
Yeah, that's good advice and one of the main reasons I have second thoughts about modifying it. I also thought about a Norinco - they are easy to find and even cheaper in Canada. I didn't think you were allowed to import Norinco's into the US... I thought I read that somewhere.

Offline poopmat

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 14:03:29 »
ya the us does not allow importation of norinco products because china sells guns to unsavory people aka iran etc...
if i recall some old wilson customs are made on norinco frames

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #314 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 15:16:45 »
I love how Iran are considered "unsavory", yet we help arm the IDF, who are currently murdering an insane amount of innocent people right now. We live in a strange world.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 03:29:10 »

^^^ This... You might want to look at the P229 if you might want to do CCW.

Oh thanks for that info...I think that is going to seal the deal for Sig with me. I went to the range yesterday and I was dead-on with every all-metal gun I fired. But when I shot my buddy's polymer S&W .40, I really had trouble staying on target. I find I am more accurate with the all-metal ones (probably because I am a bit recoil-sensitive). I will let you know soon...I almost bought an SP2022 yesterday, which the rangemaster had recommended, but I just wasn't sure. I've heard such great things about the P226...I'm worried if I don't go the full step up I may be disappointed :)

My first Sig was a 2022, ended up selling it and getting a P226 and P229... The 2022 was a nice gun put if you have the funds to get a P226 then I would just get that. I would see if you can get a used one for a better price, I ended up getting a used P226 with very few rounds through it for $600 not much more than new 2022.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 03:51:35 »
You will buy classic SIGs and buy lots of them. One thing of note is that SIG USA seem to be using Checkmate OEM mags now. You want to procure some MecGar for maximum durability/reliability. MecGar/ MecGar OEM will say made in Italy on them.

Edit, mags by JP Sauer isn't bad as well. They have zigzag pattern on the back of the mag tube. They are lighter gauge steel than MecGars though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 November 2012, 03:53:06 by laffindude »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 07:20:32 »
Thanks guys - I actually went last night and I was able to get a P226 used for about half of the list price with a sweet grip. I also picked up a S&W M&P22 to make range visits much cheaper. I put down a deposit on both; wasn't able to pick them up right away because I am waiting for my new license to come in the mail since I changed addresses recently. Will post pics of both after it comes in the mail and I go pick them up!

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 09:05:30 »
Which grips did it come with and what serial number range? You can guestimate the built year by comparing the serial VS the list on sigforum.com.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 09:17:21 »
man being able to own so many guns must be manly as ****..

i'm born in a country where gum is illegal, go figure

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 09:20:42 »
man being able to own so many guns must be manly as ****..

i'm born in a country where gum is illegal, go figure

No ****, where spitting entails a $500 fine  :cool:

Offline keyboardlover

Re: Re: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread
« Reply #321 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 09:25:08 »
Which grips did it come with and what serial number range? You can guestimate the built year by comparing the serial VS the list on sigforum.com.

It's the grips with finger grooves...felt SO comfy. I can't wait to try it at the range. I'm going to be out for a bit today - I'll check the range/year when I get home later.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 09:53:59 »
Great choice on the gun. I've always loved Sig because they have great triggers.

Now, just spend all your money on ammo and classes! Don't get mad if your gun gets scratched up, they look better that way.

Sent from my HTC Sensation
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 November 2012, 09:56:05 by swagpiratex »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 10:08:11 »
Yea my buddy's S&W sigma 40 had such a TERRIBLE trigger. Neither of us could stay on target with that damn thing. Kinda surprised he bought it.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #324 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 12:58:58 »

Hogue rubber finger groove? I have it on one of my range 229. It is a bit grabby on clothing if you're going to CCW it. They're unbeatable for comfort on range guns though.
Sigmas has a reputation for crappy trigger. I have nothing good to say about the gun. You can do much better with used guns at the same price point.

I am not sure if you've check the gun for wear before you bought it. On the SIGs, you have to watch the wear about 1-1.5" back on the left side rail. Most will wear away the color coating but stop there. Some will wear through the anodized layer, which will deteriorate the frame pretty quickly if it gets through. The proper maintenance is to grease the slide rails, the barrel lockup parts in the front of the barrel and the locking surfaces, and the locking block on the frame (where the barrel meet the block, you can tell by the finish wear). Oil is fine everywhere else.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 13:54:29 »

I am not sure if you've check the gun for wear before you bought it. On the SIGs, you have to watch the wear about 1-1.5" back on the left side rail. Most will wear away the color coating but stop there. Some will wear through the anodized layer, which will deteriorate the frame pretty quickly if it gets through. The proper maintenance is to grease the slide rails, the barrel lockup parts in the front of the barrel and the locking surfaces, and the locking block on the frame (where the barrel meet the block, you can tell by the finish wear). Oil is fine everywhere else.

Laffin's right with the maintenance advice, especially using grease, Your sig will love you for it..

Have you looked at the E2 grips .. one of my favorite grips for the P226/p229's now. Slims the grip down a bit and for me makes it fit like a glove.. also like the rougher grip feel on it.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 13:56:08 »
What kind of grease on the SIG? I was just lookin at a used 226, but I need to go back and check those rails.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:39:47 »
Any. I use white lithium grease and Mobile 1. Lube is lube as long as you have enough. YMMV.

@jpm. A wet SIG is a happy SIG. You can see I run my range SIGs on the wet side. That SIG has lube soaked into the anodized layer as well. E2 is ok, but I really don't like the short trigger. It makes SA pull reach way too short for me. One thing I don't like about the E2 is that it leaves the slide catch really exposed. I never manipulate the slide catch except for locking the slide open manually. I guess not being flush has its advantages since people seem to ride their thumb on it unconsciously, causing it not to lock on empty.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:21:47 »
Any. I use white lithium grease and Mobile 1. Lube is lube as long as you have enough. YMMV.

@jpm. A wet SIG is a happy SIG. You can see I run my range SIGs on the wet side. That SIG has lube soaked into the anodized layer as well. E2 is ok, but I really don't like the short trigger. It makes SA pull reach way too short for me. One thing I don't like about the E2 is that it leaves the slide catch really exposed. I never manipulate the slide catch except for locking the slide open manually. I guess not being flush has its advantages since people seem to ride their thumb on it unconsciously, causing it not to lock on empty.

oops should have mentioned that is not my gun but just a picture of the E2 grips... Never had an issue with the slide lock on my E2 grips on my P229 but I can see what you mean.

In the future I would like to get a P226 Enhanced Elite like in the pic...right now just running a normal P226 ( no short reset triiger, no short reach trigger or beavertail, and no E2 grips) just has night sights on it.. want to keep this one stock except maybe get some g10 grips for it since its a german frame sig and want to keep it stock as much as possible for my collection.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:27:05 »
Looking at the list here it looks like my gun was made in 1986 - damn that's old :\
U137-6XX
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7320040262

And yes it's the exact same grip you show above. Thanks for the advice folks!

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:04:53 »
Looking at the list here it looks like my gun was made in 1986 - damn that's old :\
U137-6XX
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7320040262

And yes it's the exact same grip you show above. Thanks for the advice folks!

Just curious if it has a rail or not?

Also age is sometimes not a bad thing with sigs...its a nice bonus if the frame or whole gun was german made.... most us sigs are produced in the US now and some people put some value on the older german made sigs.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:08:12 »
No rail - I figured that would be kind of good if I decide to CCW (less chance of snag).

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:13:06 »
No rail - I figured that would be kind of good if I decide to CCW (less chance of snag).

Most likely uou got a nice West German Sig... Should have matching proof marks on the frame and slide..

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:16:13 »
Most likely uou got a nice West German Sig... Should have matching proof marks on the frame and slide..

Cool! Keep your fingers crossed that my new license comes in the mail soon. :)

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:46:44 »
I would say congrats if you got a 86 made SIG. The folded carbon steel slides points much more natural for me. They do require a bit more maintenance than milled stainless steel slides. The main thing to watch out for is obviously rust and the blue wearing off. Less obvious is the rolled pins on the breech block. They do need to be serviced. My armorer's manual is half a world away, but I think it is every 7.5k rounds. I'd give it at least a once over (inspection, spring replacements etc) since it is over 2 decades old and you don't know when it has been serviced. It may be mechanically sound, but it is for peace of mind since it is going to be a CCW.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 20:16:56 »
Thanks! I heard that the Seals requested the slides be changed to milled because they were having issues with them when they were doing submerged ocean training. Fortunately I am not a Seal and am quite happy to own an '86 German-made P226. Especially since, from what I've heard, they're becoming quite rare. Picked up these today:

8555-0
8557-1

Perhaps when I have time I will strip it and post more pics...

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 21:23:31 »
That is in pretty good shape. No wear around the take down lever. Looks like pretty minor wear on the blued parts, may not be refinished. Very curious on the internal shape this is in.
Is that a hint of rust on the top left screw? You probably want to clean them up a bit. If they get any worse, you can pick up some blackened stainless screws. Always use screwdriver that fits perfectly in the slot, so you don't mar the finish on the screw ;o

Edit: Dug around on my server, came up with the attached picture. My first SIG(s). They're actually picked up a week apart since the stupid "must report to FBI on multiple guns purchase" law in the border states. Shot perfect score on my CCW quals with the Pro. The P239/40 is a lucky find. They had a P239/9 in the used cabinet (still remember it was 375). It was gone by the time I went there again that weekend. The .40 was an unused used gun. Don't remember the exact story, but it was an unpaid layaway gun. I got it for 400 bucks out the door. P239 probably have the best double action trigger out of all the classic SIGs. Put the first DA shot right through the X on the X-ring... /trip down the memory lane.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 November 2012, 22:34:41 by laffindude »

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 00:22:33 »
Nice Pick ups KL... nice score on the WG P226 and the M&P22 ... let me know how that M&P shoots since I have been curious on how they perform.

LD - nice sigs  ;D

Finally got my first .45 1911, had been looking for one for awhile since they are hard to come by in cali, but picked her up this weekend and couldnt be happier... Unfortunately I didnt stock up on any .45 ammo before I got it and now have to wait to get ammo to shoot it.  :(

Springfield TRP Operator - Half Rail

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 00:28:21 »
Didn't know they started making full length rail again.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 November 2012, 01:55:03 by laffindude »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 01:08:22 »
Nice Pick ups KL... nice score on the WG P226 and the M&P22 ... let me know how that M&P shoots since I have been curious on how they perform.

LD - nice sigs  ;D

Finally got my first .45 1911, had been looking for one for awhile since they are hard to come by in cali, but picked her up this weekend and couldnt be happier... Unfortunately I didnt stock up on any .45 ammo before I got it and now have to wait to get ammo to shoot it.  :(

Springfield TRP Operator - Half Rail
Show Image

HOLY... you sons of *****es :( I'm very jealous right now. I'm too broke to buy that gun or even shoot it.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 01:40:02 »

Beautiful LD... supposedly they stopped making them and they are harder to get but lately I have been seeing them pop up at local gun stores near me.

I ended up getting mine on gunbroker.... funny is the TRP half rail is not legal in cali but the full rail is legal in cali... basically the same gun minus the rails...cali makes no sense sometimes  :))

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 01:42:12 »

Hey LD - what model is that?? I just noticed that wasnt the TRP full rail model??? never the less still a beautiful model just curious...

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 01:51:43 »
They did stop making them sometime in 2004ish. I didn't know they started again after that 0__0

Now that you seen it I am gonna edit. Me? 1911s? nooo ;) /George Lucased Vader no.

Edit: Ahaha! ;) I am not exactly sure what it was called. It is something Operator (not the GI one). It is a lower model than TRP but more rare. I haven't seen another.
Edit squared: Full length dust cover is HEAVY. Very little muzzle movement. Probably too heavy for something people actually strap on and use.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 November 2012, 01:57:15 by laffindude »

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 01:56:34 »
They did stop making them sometime in 2004ish. I didn't know they started again after that 0__0

Now that you seen it I am gonna edit. Me? 1911s? nooo ;) /George Lucased Vader no.

Edit: Ahaha! ;) I am not exactly sure what it was called. It is something Operator (not the GI one). It is a lower model than TRP but more rare. I haven't seen another.

hahahahhaa,,,

this is the one I am getting, from their auction pic:

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 01:59:33 »

Edit squared: Full length dust cover is HEAVY. Very little muzzle movement. Probably too heavy for something people actually strap on and use.

Defintely rare.... I had seen someone in my local forum post one up recently but I defintely hadnt seen one new for sure... but I havent been into them for that long also.

If hell freezes over and you want to sell that ( i doubt it) let me know... I love the full dust cover look.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 02:13:02 »
Full length rail is made of win. I am channeling the force here, I think they may have been called Loaded Operator? Seems like most people just went the whole way and got the TRP, or stay cheap and got the GI Operator. Middle child is not loved ;o I am not a big 1911 guy either. IMO BHP is best of JMB's creation (alphabet soup fun). Now, I KNOW I don't have pix of mine.

Edit: I guess you can never tell I am not that big of a pistol guy...

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 02:31:28 »
I am still interested in getting a BHP one of these days after I get over my 1911 fix right now... i seem to have waves.. hahaha.

Went from Glock -->Sig-->CZ-->1911's...

Funny is I enjoy rifles alot more and shoot them alot more lately but its just harder to get out to the outdoor range to shoot them.. not alot of indoor ranges around me allow rifle caliber ammo to be shot   :(

That TRP will go along with my newest rifle purchase (Springfield Family):

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 03:15:35 »
Oh man, shorter barrel with brake. I wouldn't want to be next to you at the range ;) M1As are nice guns. Other battle rifles came and went, but M14 pattern rifles are still in limited service. It works and it is accurate.

I do have my annoying range toys too. If you think Mosins are loud, try stand next to a guy that has a carbine with brake ;)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 17:14:01 »
Ok folks, here are my '86 WG Sig P226 field strip pics. Let me know if you see anything here I should replace - looked pretty clean to me (an admitted noob):

8605-0
8607-1
8609-2
8611-3
8613-4
8615-5
8617-6
8619-7

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #349 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 17:35:46 »
Looks good to me. No abnormal wear. Frame slide rails looks to be in really good shape. Only thing that looks to be on the more worn side is locking block (2nd pix, the steel insert in the frame). Kinda hard to tell in the small picture. Can you drag your fingernail across the worn parts and see if you feel a groove worn into it.
The gun tells you where you need to apply lube ;)
Looks like you have the recoil spring backwards to me. There is a slightly tighter end, which should be where it has a slightly flattened coil. It appears to be in good shape. Replace it if you notice fraying or ~3000 rounds.