Author Topic: A New Journey Begins  (Read 1654 times)

Offline KaminKevCrew

A New Journey Begins
« on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 12:55:31 »
Hey all, I'm Kevin Kaminski, aka KaminKevCrew, or TeenGeek if it's an older account somewhere else. I've always been very into Audio and Computer hardware, and I decided that now is as good a time as any to add something new to my collection of hobbies... KEYBOARDS!!! So I hope to have a pleasant and educational journey over here :)

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
Re: A New Journey Begins
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 03:37:27 »
Hey all, I'm Kevin Kaminski, aka KaminKevCrew, or TeenGeek if it's an older account somewhere else. I've always been very into Audio and Computer hardware, and I decided that now is as good a time as any to add something new to my collection of hobbies... KEYBOARDS!!! So I hope to have a pleasant and educational journey over here :)

Welcome to GeekHack! You can certainly learn a lot here! And spend a lot.  :))

Where are you planning on starting your keyboard journey? Have you already picked a board?

Cheers!

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 21:47:19 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It's amazing how long you can use a keyboard for, even being into other computer hardware, without realising what a world of fantastic keyboard opportunities is out there to explore!

Have you got a mechanical keyboard yet, or still researching your first one?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:52:20 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It's amazing how long you can use a keyboard for, even being into other computer hardware, without realising what a world of fantastic keyboard opportunities is out there to explore!

Where are you planning on starting your keyboard journey? Have you already picked a board?

Cheers!

Thank you guys for the welcome! I currently use a DasKeyboard 4 Ultimate with some Vortex Backlit (although that doesn't matter) PBT double shot keycaps. I've also had a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate stealth 2013 (the last one with Cherry switches)

:D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:16:49 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Cheers!

Thank you guys for the welcome! I currently use a DasKeyboard 4 Ultimate with some Vortex Backlit (although that doesn't matter) PBT double shot keycaps. I've also had a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate stealth 2013 (the last one with Cherry switches)

:D

PBT keycaps = essential upgrade ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ