Author Topic: Duck Black Bird Kustom Group Buy  (Read 180334 times)

Re: Duck Black Bird Kustom Group Buy
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 13:27:58 »
Ok Guys! I noticed that some of the tracking numbers are mixed up. I'm one of the people that changed their shipping address last minute so I'm guessing that is what is the cause of the mix-up. If your package associated with your tracking number seems to be in some random place that's not yours, you might wanna check other people's tracking numbers in the google docs page. For example, I found my shipping address to be in SixtyLife's slot! So don't panic like I did at first.  :p

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #501 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 14:17:09 »
Ok Guys! I noticed that some of the tracking numbers are mixed up. I'm one of the people that changed their shipping address last minute so I'm guessing that is what is the cause of the mix-up. If your package associated with your tracking number seems to be in some random place that's not yours, you might wanna check other people's tracking numbers in the google docs page. For example, I found my shipping address to be in SixtyLife's slot! So don't panic like I did at first.  :p
good catch.. was pretty confused why my item was out for delivery from stockton but didn't think too much of it as it's not tooo far.

anyways, happy to say I got mine today safe and sound in bulletproof packaging. thanks Elton and Duck for the smoother than a baby's buttcheek GB.

Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 16:03:52 »
Pretty sure I'm the only one in my zip code who ordered, so I think mine is now waiting at the post for pick up. I've been really looking forward to this.

Offline tuco

« Reply #503 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 18:34:47 »
They tried to deliver mine today but I wasn't here, so I get to pick mine up tomorrow. So excited!

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #504 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 21:14:29 »
Just got mine today! All I can say is WOW. Superb quality and such an overkill job packaging it. Well worth every penny! Thanks, Elton!

You have a repeat customer here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #505 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 09:46:11 »
Putting a message out here to see if I can get some help.

Duck has provided me with the CAD files for the weight insert for the Black Bird. I'm manufacturing a prototype right now and I am looking for anyone nearby who would be willing to test fit (I don't have a black bird). I live in Seattle WA, USA. Please send me a PM or post in my IC if you're able to. Thanks.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #506 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 12:16:32 »
Putting a message out here to see if I can get some help.

Duck has provided me with the CAD files for the weight insert for the Black Bird. I'm manufacturing a prototype right now and I am looking for anyone nearby who would be willing to test fit (I don't have a black bird). I live in Seattle WA, USA. Please send me a PM or post in my IC if you're able to. Thanks.

Dropped a line in the IC

Offline tuco

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 15:44:47 »
Got mine today, so excited to get it built.

Duck definitely sets the bar high for packaging, it was just ridiculously well packaged.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #508 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 03:36:15 »
Bummed I missed this GB. I'll get my hands on one of these someday... :'(

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #509 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 03:54:27 »
Missed the delivery yesterday but picked it up at the post office today and quickly got it built up!

Duck Black Bird by thosepeoples, on Flickr

Another amazing board! Put together way differently than the Orion or Octagon, it's cool to see the version changes :)

Thanks Duck and thanks Elton! Can't wait for the Viper/Eagle buy :thumb:

Oh and a build log for anyone interested
http://imgur.com/a/W9xs2
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline tuco

« Reply #510 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 19:22:19 »
I am pretty new to using the 02D_KeyMapper, I was able to change stuff easy enough on my Octagon using it though. I do not see a choice for the BlackBird in the latest version of the software. Is it really there and I am just losing it? Is there a way to get firmware off my board to use as a starting point?

Thanks!

153710-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 November 2016, 19:34:08 by tuco »

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #511 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 20:01:25 »
http://kbdlab.co.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=3954395&sid=49545b3e2ea4d6da5b724407c81b8c12

This is the latest keymapper i believe. I used this to do mine. its from an older reply some pages back on this post

Offline tuco

« Reply #512 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 20:38:16 »
http://kbdlab.co.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=3954395&sid=49545b3e2ea4d6da5b724407c81b8c12

This is the latest keymapper i believe. I used this to do mine. its from an older reply some pages back on this post

Thanks!

Offline elton5354

« Reply #513 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 21:26:37 »
Hi guys, Viper/Eagle V2 GB is coming up shortly!

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #514 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 21:33:18 »
Hi guys, Viper/Eagle V2 GB is coming up shortly!

Oh my, thanks for the update!

Offline ViệtNV

• VNMK
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 22:28:47 »
Waiting for Eagle V2  :p

Offline MrDaddio

« Reply #516 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:05:31 »
What is the button to depress when trying to enter DFU mode?
Having issues figuring out how to program my Blackbird

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #517 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:16:57 »

The one left of numlock.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #518 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 15:20:46 »

The key with the v2 is the button to depress to enter DFU.

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 15:43:44 »
Mind sharing your layout, I too have the HHKB layout and am not sure the best way to set it up.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #520 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 03:07:24 »
Mind sharing your layout, I too have the HHKB layout and am not sure the best way to set it up.

I assume you meant firmware wise since I saw your post on r/mk :P

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #521 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 15:31:35 »
If anyone with acrylic plate wants to sell or change for SS plate, let me know.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #522 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 15:40:36 »

There never was an acrylic plate offered in this GB

Offline alveeno

« Reply #523 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 18:44:49 »
Hey, so i am trying to do the key map for my blackbird. I downloaded the mapper above and selected the blackbird drop down option, but i am confused how i save the hex then put it on the board!

I basically have it to the point where i built a layout, and have the file saved, but when i try to firmware update it, i get the dfu error. I have all of the files in one folder because i had read earlier that that part was a crucial step. i can get pics if that would help /;

To save the hex file, you have to rename it to something different from the default naming scheme.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #524 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 18:48:55 »

There never was an acrylic plate offered in this GB

You are absolutely right... I remember seeing it on Duck's blog and I thought it must have been offered in the buy.  :(
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Atredl

« Reply #525 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 22:10:11 »
I get annoyed by the people who do this but this is the one and only time I'm going to make a post like this...

If anyone has a black Blackbird they're selling please let me know. I'll even pay a premium for one that has R4 Zealios in it as I'd rather not desolder the switches.

Thanks!

Offline maximm

« Reply #526 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 07:23:26 »
"pay a premium" you will do, these go for about $600 on r/MM.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #527 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 10:43:56 »
Yup I'm familiar with the price they go for. I meant on top of market price :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #528 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 21:50:07 »
"pay a premium" you will do, these go for about $600 on r/MM.

What about everywhere else?

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #529 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 01:50:13 »
I tried all the tutorial online I can find about flashing duck PCB and I still can't get this to work. Every time I click on 'firmware upload',  02D keymapper says 'dfu programmer not found', even though I have followed the steps to connect keyboard while holding flip key, and manually update the driver with extracted dfu programmer. Has anyone seen similar issues?  I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #530 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 16:35:21 »
Two questions:

1. Can I sip socket the function layer indicators at the top left of the PCB?
2. If not, how do I tell positive from negative for the LED on the PCB? I see one side of "circle" is flat and the other round but just want to double check.

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 20:46:26 »
Two questions:

2. If not, how do I tell positive from negative for the LED on the PCB? I see one side of "circle" is flat and the other round but just want to double check.

Unfortunately I can't give any help for the 2nd question, but I can say that I had my Octagon v2 installed with SIPs in the indicator LED section.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #532 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 22:47:09 »
Two questions:

Unfortunately I can't give any help for the 2nd question, but I can say that I had my Octagon v2 installed with SIPs in the indicator LED section.

Ya, I also thought I saw a build guide by someone here that put sip sockets on the indicators but I seem to be lame at finding it. Thanks for your input.

Offline nevaenuf

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:57:56 »
Does anyone know the functions for the led indicators?  There's a cluster of three and then another cluster of five.  My guess for the three are num lock, scroll lock, and caps lock, but in what order.  Also, what are the additional five?

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #534 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 01:58:14 »
Two questions:

One side will be different, like you mentioned. Usually one pin is square, the other round. It depends on the board, I've seen square be anode or cathode. Just plug in the PCB and touch the LED to the pads both ways, and it will light up when you've got it right.

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #535 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 03:29:44 »
Is there ever going to be another run of this?  :(

Offline wodan

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 03:38:31 »
Is there ever going to be another run of this?  :(

Probably, but not anytime soon. Almost all of the Duck designs have had a V2 or even V3.

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 04:12:14 »
That gives me hope!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #538 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 04:27:37 »
Does anyone know the functions for the led indicators?  There's a cluster of three and then another cluster of five.  My guess for the three are num lock, scroll lock, and caps lock, but in what order.  Also, what are the additional five?

From left to right: NumLock, CapsLock, ScrollLock, Layer1, Layer2, Layer3, Layer4, SomeFirmwareSpecificIndicator

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #539 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 09:26:29 »
That gives me hope!

yup, probably in a few years.   :-\
keyboards.

Offline nevaenuf

« Reply #540 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 09:30:29 »

From left to right: NumLock, CapsLock, ScrollLock, Layer1, Layer2, Layer3, Layer4, SomeFirmwareSpecificIndicator

Thanks!

Offline gaiden

« Reply #541 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 09:53:25 »
Hi guys I'm new to o2d and have sone questions on editing keymap with o2d keymapper.

1) i see 'layer' and 'fn' i thought they were the same thing what is the difference between them?

2) is 'mfn' is set to access fn1?

3) can someone list the entire process in a few bullet points? Like amy button to hild before connecting to the pc. And/or should there be any thing else install besides o2d and dfu. I found apploc.msi but cant install it on pc (not supported)

I have used WKL keymapper and JigOn both seems much easier than o2d.. Anyways thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #542 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 10:23:07 »
Hi guys I'm new to o2d and have sone questions on editing keymap with o2d keymapper.

1) i see 'layer' and 'fn' i thought they were the same thing what is the difference between them?

3) can someone list the entire process in a few bullet points? Like amy button to hild before connecting to the pc. And/or should there be any thing else install besides o2d and dfu. I found apploc.msi but cant install it on pc (not supported)

I have used WKL keymapper and JigOn both seems much easier than o2d.. Anyways thanks in advance.

1) Every base layer has a FN layer each

2) I think MFN opens the corresponding FN layer, say you are currently on layer 3 and press MFN it will open FN3

3) Hold the top button of the two extra keys above the arrows while connecting to enter DFU mode. You only need 02dprog and DFU in the same folder(and ofc the Atmel drivers installed). Flashing is very easy, after you are done with the Firmware you save it, then you connect the board in DFU mode and after that you press Firmware upload.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #543 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 11:32:31 »

1) Every base layer has a FN layer each

2) I think MFN opens the corresponding FN layer, say you are currently on layer 3 and press MFN it will open FN3

3) Hold the top button of the two extra keys above the arrows while connecting to enter DFU mode. You only need 02dprog and DFU in the same folder(and ofc the Atmel drivers installed). Flashing is very easy, after you are done with the Firmware you save it, then you connect the board in DFU mode and after that you press Firmware upload.
Thanks for the info! Learning how to edit layout with Duck board has be quite frustrating... I have used WKL and JigOn before and i never need specific instructions like this. They were very intuitive and user friendly..

Offline Jeu

« Reply #544 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 12:15:16 »
Halp!!! When I plug in the PCB it says device not recognised but not as the Atmel device, says unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed) and then DFU when I try to connect says check Atmel driver.  I got it to come up as Atmel device one time and installed the driver and was about to upload the hex file but i forgot to save one and had to plug in my old keyboard again.  Can not get it to come back up as Atmel device! grrrrrrrr

Offline Jeu

« Reply #545 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 13:08:50 »
Must you install the atmel drivers prior to plugging in the pcb? I think it installed the one time I got it working but maybe that would help it recognize?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #546 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 13:11:56 »
Must you install the atmel drivers prior to plugging in the pcb? I think it installed the one time I got it working but maybe that would help it recognize?

If you want to program it I'd do a fresh install of the atmel drivers before connecting the PCB. If you only want to use it it should be plug and play.

Offline Jeu

« Reply #547 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 13:46:09 »
Would you be able to point me towards the correct drivers? I tried DFU mode so many times I guess a fresh restart would be a good place to go.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #548 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 14:05:41 »
Would you be able to point me towards the correct drivers? I tried DFU mode so many times I guess a fresh restart would be a good place to go.

I am using the same drivers that were installed when I installed QMK Firmware Flasher (https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware_flasher/releases) and it did work for me. If that doesn't work the newest version of Atmel Flip should also include the newest drivers.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #549 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 14:19:24 »
I have yet to build my Blackbird… Zealios arrive on Tuesday. However, I was catching up on The Board podcasts this morning and Kevin Thesircheddar) mentioned that he has been having all kinds of trouble mapping the keys as well. His solution was to create the hex file using the o2d keymapper and then use Atmel Flip to upload to the keyboard. He suggested not even trying to upload using the o2d, but rather just go straight to flip.

Not having done it myself yet, I can't offer any more pragmatic advice. But I hope this helps you now and me next week. :)