Author Topic: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Shipped)  (Read 169311 times)

Offline Jeu

Re: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Now with PayPal)
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 22:12:15 »
Is anyone gonna review them with comparison to standard blacks we use now?  There is still very little showing besides the wobble video.  Very curious.

Offline subcat

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 22:45:37 »
Was happy to receive my order for one switch today that actually contained 5  :D Very generous of you guys, thanks.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 23:36:25 »
Was happy to receive my order for one switch today that actually contained 5  :D Very generous of you guys, thanks.

How do they stack up against other linear switches in your opinion?

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 10:33:31 »
please, we need some review on this.  ;)
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline Quackles

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 18:31:36 »
I got my set the other day. They look nice with the ivory white and black stems. I definitely can see that they don't wobble much at all, which is pretty cool! But I don't know if I'd say they are super linear or lubed that great. However, I don't consider myself experienced enough with linear switches enough to dismiss them yet. Hopefully someone with more experience with linear switches can compare. I prefer the feel of my linear Gateron Clears with 65g springs and lubed over these switches so far. Probably will feel better in a board though and probably having to lube them personally.

Offline emusic

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 00:06:12 »
Are these still available for purchase? I visited the site and it has a 110 pack for $70. I live in QLD so if they are still available I am very interested in purchasing some.

Offline subcat

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 00:10:46 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

and some ALPS linears that I won't bother comparing them to - I like how rigid they feel. They deliver on the wobble front - there is very little. However, they are scratchy. Not new MX scratchy, but not Gateron/Vintage Black/Nixie smooth. I have been told, though, that they just need breaking in, given how new they are. If these end up being far smoother when broken in, they're winners.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 00:15:17 »
I got my set the other day. They look nice with the ivory white and black stems. I definitely can see that they don't wobble much at all, which is pretty cool! But I don't know if I'd say they are super linear or lubed that great. However, I don't consider myself experienced enough with linear switches enough to dismiss them yet. Hopefully someone with more experience with linear switches can compare. I prefer the feel of my linear Gateron Clears with 65g springs and lubed over these switches so far. Probably will feel better in a board though and probably having to lube them personally.
Someone said you should give them like a week to wear in. Don't know how true that is.

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 19:48:48 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

and some ALPS linears that I won't bother comparing them to - I like how rigid they feel. They deliver on the wobble front - there is very little. However, they are scratchy. Not new MX scratchy, but not Gateron/Vintage Black/Nixie smooth. I have been told, though, that they just need breaking in, given how new they are. If these end up being far smoother when broken in, they're winners.

A little disappoitment. I am hoping for something as smooth as vintage black or even smoother.

Looking forward to try on the set I order. I am in Canada, not sure if anyone here got the switch.
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline Tally810

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 20:35:02 »
So I want to buy 110 pack but not sure if I should order from invyr website or from 27 since I am in the US.  Where should I order them at?

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 20:47:06 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

Damn, so do the Pandas wobble less than Gaterons to you? I don't mind just bit less smoothness (as long as it is smoother than Cherry) if there is less wobble. In my experience Cherry switches wobble the least, so I always end up using those (the housings anyway) since wobble is like my enemy #1.   

Offline subcat

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 20:50:31 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

Damn, so do the Pandas wobble less than Gaterons to you? I don't mind just bit less smoothness (as long as it is smoother than Cherry) if there is less wobble. In my experience Cherry switches wobble the least, so I always end up using those (the housings anyway) since wobble is like my enemy #1.

Oh yeah, you'll love these. WAY less wobble than Gateron.

Offline gnarlsagan

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 20:53:42 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

Awesome. Do they have about the same wobble as Cherry? Or more or less? Thanks again for your impressions. Really can't wait to get these.

Offline subcat

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 20:58:45 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

Awesome. Do they have about the same wobble as Cherry? Or more or less? Thanks again for your impressions. Really can't wait to get these.

I'd say probably about the same as Cherry.

Offline Quackles

« Reply #264 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 21:45:40 »
Yeah I'd say the wobble is equal to Cherry if not better possibly. Only problem is the scratchiness. I am going to open some up later tonight and lube them myself and see if it makes it any smoother.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:17:54 »
I guess that silly video couldn't convey the scratchiness very well, at least they aren't wobbly..

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:39:39 »
Are these ready to ship, if I order off the site?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:41:27 »

spoke to one of the proxies yesterday night, yes they are
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:46:28 »

Could said proxy or someone actually give us an update on when these will be shipping please?

Offline zisb

• Aluminium, learn to spell it.
    • zisb.io
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:48:00 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

Yeah I'd say the wobble is equal to Cherry if not better possibly. Only problem is the scratchiness. I am going to open some up later tonight and lube them myself and see if it makes it any smoother.

Hey you two!

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Do you think you could pop a couple open on your end and check the lube? When I recieve the pandas they are in bags of 250 and about 50% of a mates order weren't lubed correctly. This leads me to believe one of the bags didn't get the full treatment.  The stem should look like this

If its the case I can certainly send you both a full replacement set completely free of charge + A little sorry gift. Even though they were approved for QC from my manufacturer its a lesson for me aswell to double check QC.

Other News
I have decided to allow until Saturday 12am AEST (https://countingdownto.com/countdown/panda-ordering-time-countdown-clock) to get your orders in. My proxies and I literally cannot keep up with the influx of orders from you guys.   :-*

If you have PMd me over the last few days I am also going through them... there are so many  :eek:

Cheers,
zisb

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Now with PayPal)
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:58:20 »
Other News
I have decided to allow until Saturday 12am AEST (https://countingdownto.com/countdown/panda-ordering-time-countdown-clock) to get your orders in. My proxies and I literally cannot keep up with the influx of orders from you guys.   :-*

If you have PMd me over the last few days I am also going through them... there are so many  :eek:

Cheers,
zisb

There were a ton of people over on Reddit who said they never saw an ic or announcement about this buy and were really interested. Idk if you posted the gb on Reddit but theres definitely interest over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:00:04 by Kafka »

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:09:27 »

Could said proxy or someone actually give us an update on when these will be shipping please?

It was n3rdly. He said that he just got the switches in that day and was beginning to pack orders
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:17:57 »
Thank you for the update, went ahead and got my order in! Excited to get them.
Anyway, is the order from the site shipped tracked or not?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:46:09 »
If I'm in the US do I still order from the invyr site?

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:48:02 »
Yep, go ahead. Anything before Saturday 12pm.

Offline subcat

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:56:45 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

Hey you two!

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Do you think you could pop a couple open on your end and check the lube? When I recieve the pandas they are in bags of 250 and about 50% of a mates order weren't lubed correctly. This leads me to believe one of the bags didn't get the full treatment.  The stem should look like this
Show Image

If its the case I can certainly send you both a full replacement set completely free of charge + A little sorry gift. Even though they were approved for QC from my manufacturer its a lesson for me aswell to double check QC.

Other News

Cheers,
zisb
Appreciate it! I don't really have the tools to open the switch but I'll try and throw something together with paperclips.

Offline gnarlsagan

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 00:04:07 »
Appreciate it! I don't really have the tools to open the switch but I'll try and throw something together with paperclips.

I open switches with a tiny flathead screwdriver to open the little latches on the sides. You could probably get one for a couple bucks.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 00:30:21 »
Yep, go ahead. Anything before Saturday 12pm.

I replied to the e-mail about PCB mount but never got a response btw. I wanted to know if the fastest option (getting plate mount first, then PCB parts shipped later) was getting the plate mount switches first and then receiving PCB-mount bottom housings later.

If so, I would like that option for my order.

Excited to try these switches out! Thanks  :thumb:

Offline subcat

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 00:37:49 »

I open switches with a tiny flathead screwdriver to open the little latches on the sides. You could probably get one for a couple bucks.
Great tip, thanks. Success! Excuse the awful image, my photography skills are nonexistent. There is definitely lube in the right places on the slider. Something I noticed was that there was more so on the side pictured than the other, but that might just have been some coming off on my hands.  :rolleyes:

Offline Shados

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 02:11:25 »
Hey zisb, is there any tracking on the packages? I got the 'order complete' email, but I kinda would have expected to receive it by now given I'm in Melbourne.

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 02:55:30 »
Hey zisb, is there any tracking on the packages? I got the 'order complete' email, but I kinda would have expected to receive it by now given I'm in Melbourne.
Hey mate, I just checked all the shipments then. I couldnt give direct tracking as the Postie did it in a really funny way that means I can actually see which package is going where, just a rough idea  :-[

Ill chuck ya a PM and we can figure something out.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 03:12:04 »
Would you mind giving us a rough ETA on the EU orders, or at least some word on the current plan with them? Just for peace of mind. We currently know that you did the Aus orders directly and that N3rdly does the US ones, but iirc there was no concrete info about the EU orders yet.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 04:50:44 »
Would you mind giving us a rough ETA on the EU orders, or at least some word on the current plan with them? Just for peace of mind. We currently know that you did the Aus orders directly and that N3rdly does the US ones, but iirc there was no concrete info about the EU orders yet.

I would like to know this also! :thumb:
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #283 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 04:57:56 »

I would like to know this also! :thumb:

Episode of Top Clack with N3RDLY he said he was doing EU orders as well.

Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 07:48:18 »
EU will basically be the day after US. I think N3rdly said he just has labelling left for US. Tomorrow I will be filling all the Asian orders.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #285 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 09:24:57 »
"Asian orders"... Don't know why but I laughed at the wording... I'm childish..I'm sorry.. 😑

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 10:28:00 »

Great tip, thanks. Success! Excuse the awful image, my photography skills are nonexistent. There is definitely lube in the right places on the slider. Something I noticed was that there was more so on the side pictured than the other, but that might just have been some coming off on my hands.  :rolleyes:
So they're scratchy even with lube? That sucks.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 18:12:11 »
Order#60 here. Any chance i could get an update? I am located in the US.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:34:51 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

How do you like the spring  dynamics compared to gat yellows?
keyboards.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 23:25:36 »

Already tried. There seems to be a lack of response in here.

Offline Harms

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 23:27:07 »

Having in my possession:
Gateron Yellow
Gateron Black
Gateron Red
Cherry MX Red
Cherry MX Black
Cherry MX Vintage Black
Nixdorf Black

How do you like the spring  dynamics compared to gat yellows?
I would like to know the same. How they compare to gateron yellows, since their about the same actuation force.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 23:37:36 »

Already tried. There seems to be a lack of response in here.

n3rdly is packing and shipping them. I was talking to him yesterday and he's packed 4000/10000 switches.  He's shipping single orders first before larger orders. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline Prelim

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 10:21:25 »
last Gateron GB was $0,16/switch... so $1 per switch? so many crazy ppl out here  :eek:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Saiph

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 10:39:05 »
last Gateron GB was $0,16/switch... so $1 per switch? so many crazy ppl out here  :eek:
Remember this is a place where people spend hundreds on keyboards ;)

Offline cumwagondeluxe

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 11:01:09 »
Remember this is a place where people spend hundreds on keyboards ;)

given the reviews so far the price is kinda high  - these are really aesthetic but the fact that they're scratchy even when lubed is really disappointing

Offline Saiph

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 11:06:21 »
given the reviews so far the price is kinda high  - these are really aesthetic but the fact that they're scratchy even when lubed is really disappointing
People have said that they have less wobble though, I'll have to see for myself when I get them. All switches are factory lubed to some degree so it may be the case that relubing it yourself will remove the scratchiness. The price matches up with other custom ordered switches like zealio and mod switches. I'm sure the price isn't worth it to a lot of people but I personally feel that zeals and mod switches were worth what I paid for them, and I'm willing to pay for these to try them out as well.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 11:56:32 »
Well, we can always see how they're doing after a couple weeks of use. Folks are just getting these, after all.

Man, I love how thicc the pins are.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 16:36:52 »

hu? when? where?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 16:38:51 »

hu? when? where?

Back when SPRiT was allowed to run GB's here he ran one, but that's the only one I found.

edit: whoops, I really thought that sprit ran the gb, but in reality it was just my memory that was ducked.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 February 2017, 05:53:21 by kawasaki161 »

Offline Prelim

2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau