Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 342294 times)

Offline PadawanGeek

Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #700 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 18:22:27 »
Getting my feet wet playing Forza Horizon 4 and Project Cars II, also playing Zombie Army Trilogy.....pretty fun and challenging zombie FPS.

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #701 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 11:10:56 »
Finished the story in Red Dead Redemption II.
Fantastic game. I hope the rumors are true and it comes out on PC. Would love to see what kind of fps my rig could potentially pump out. :D
I got RDR2 as an early Xmas gift. The graphics on this thing!  :eek: I zoomed in on a postcard I was holding and was mesmerized by the detail in Arthur's glove--the textures, loose fibers, stains--amazing!
I was hoping for a pc release but I got it for Xbox1. I loathe using a modern controller. I think there's something wrong with my thumb, too, 'cause it takes me forever to fine-tune a target in FPSs. If a controller has more than, say, 6 buttons I have to think before doing stuff and that can take me out of the game.

*grrrrrr...grumpy middle-aged anger...grrrrrr*
I agree with you. I am lousy at aiming with a controller. But you actually get kinda used to it if you play enough. :D
Just doesn't take much for you to 'lose form' so to speak.
Maybe you're right. I've been playing Halo games with xbox controllers since the beginning of Halo and I was actually pretty good at it (especially against my friends). Then I went through a time when I played a lot more PC games than console ones and I fell out of touch, so to speak. Once my 7-year-old nephew began pwning me in multiplayer, I knew there was problem. :confused:

I've been having a lot of fun playing the first RDR game for the first time ever(since I aint got no PS4)

Out of everything, the writing and character dialogue were very well-handled and impressive. Many times during the game I would think something out loud and John would immediately voice the same opinion I just had, which is very interesting psychologically. I think this idea could be further harnessed by adjusting the prescripted dialogue based upon player action, perhaps it actually is idk. Miles ahead of almost anything GTA. Unfortunately as with any Rockstar sandbox game the mission design is extremely restrictive and repetitive sometimes, although it was a last-gen title so there were some understandable technical limitations. But I'm trying to play this more for the atmosphere and story, as opposed to running around causing random destruction, so I am a little more OK with the hand holding with this title.
Hmmm...that's an interesting bit about the game seemingly reading your thoughts. If games were indeed scripted based on player input then every characters I've ever played in a RPG would be saying "Now, where did I leave my car keys?" because I wander around a lot admiring graphics details.

1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #702 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 09:20:33 »
Been playing some Grim Dawn, nice Diablo 2 feel, but it still has a strange vibe that I can't quite place. I prefer this style much more than the D3 mostly action, less rpg style. The game is forgiving of quite a bit of experimentation with your character builds; however there is a limit to that. I'm not very far, but I hope the weapons and armor start to look more cool the further I progress. It's pretty rough atm

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #703 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 14:56:08 »

gottem

Offline SJHL

« Reply #704 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 14:57:22 »
Show Image

gottem

Oh my god, memories..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #705 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 15:21:27 »
Show Image

gottem

Oh my god, memories..

Hehe, I guess I should elaborate. The emulator (http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/) uses an .ini file for per game keybindings via (https://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-1.html#ss1.2) scancodes. One can create many separate configs. Pretty great.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 December 2018, 15:23:11 by csmertx »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #706 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 22:07:03 »
A Hat in time which is both cute and lovely, and...

Mortal Kombat Project Revitalized 2 which is pretty amazing. These guys put a ton of work into making the ultimate MK fan game with 54 characters and something like 150 stages from every MK game up to MK9.

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #707 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 00:05:18 »
Having a blast with Katamari Damacy Reroll. Nice to kick back and relax with a few levels.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #708 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 00:13:05 »
Celeste, surprisingly great game. I thought Bloodborne's DLC was intense but this is on another level.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #709 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 03:16:33 »
BF V and OVERKILL'S The Walking Dead.
Both decent enough games. Got them purely because my friends wanted to play.

Offline kgolden

« Reply #710 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 05:02:20 »
Middle earth: shadow of war, assassins creed origins and always grinding away in Dark Souls 3... 6th play through.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #711 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 07:45:05 »
Path of Exile again, at least until all the people who bugged me to play quit and I'm playing by myself :(
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #712 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 13:16:39 »
Path of Exile again, at least until all the people who bugged me to play quit and I'm playing by myself :(

only game i'll ever play  :thumb:
PoE for life.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #713 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 14:18:01 »
Got a Switch for Xmas. Currently playing Ultimate, Odyssey, and Golf Story.

Offline snozberries

• Aww yiss!
« Reply #714 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 14:48:09 »
I've been playing BFV and R6 Siege lately. Guess I should get back on my Switch...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #715 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 03:57:49 »
Oops ...

209984-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #717 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 20:14:40 »
Einhänder

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #718 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 06:08:29 »
Forza Horizon 4! The escapists. Both very nice.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #719 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 08:28:19 »
I picked up Kingdom Come Deliverance, haven't gotten very far in it yet.
So far it's kind of meh for me tbh. Is it worth powering through? Does it get better the longer you get in the game?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #720 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 10:54:11 »

Mortal Kombat Project Revitalized 2 which is pretty amazing. These guys put a ton of work into making the ultimate MK fan game with 54 characters and something like 150 stages from every MK game up to MK9.
Show Image

This looks awesome!

Two questions: Do I need to download MUGEN ahead of time? Or can I just download the game and play?
There are a few MUGEN-based fighting games I've been wanting to play but I always assumed I needed to download and configure MUGEN ahead of time--kind of like downloading an emulator, configuring all the settings, and then playing the ROM.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #721 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 16:55:52 »

Show Image

This looks awesome!

Two questions: Do I need to download MUGEN ahead of time? Or can I just download the game and play?
There are a few MUGEN-based fighting games I've been wanting to play but I always assumed I needed to download and configure MUGEN ahead of time--kind of like downloading an emulator, configuring all the settings, and then playing the ROM.

I'm like 98% sure it's standalone. I have MUGEN installed, but this doesn't seem to access that folder at all. It's honestly become one of my favorite MK games of all-time, probably right after 9 and X (as long as you ignore the bottom two rows of mostly OP characters)

The only issue I have encountered is it not working properly w/ some bluetooth controllers, but wired it's FLAWLESS. I wish there was an online feature, but that's asking too much for now.

If you ever considered yourself even a mild MK fan, this is basically a love letter. It's the SSB of MK if you will.

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #722 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 20:38:40 »
 :D
ps4 Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #723 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 03:13:46 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #724 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 03:27:33 »

In terms of the HD remake the first one was so good, but it felt like the second two were rushed or had a different asset team. Especially 3, there were a lot of poor decisions made with that one.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #726 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 00:37:22 »
Any game "designer" that puts an insta-kill quicktime event AT THE END OF A BOSS BATTLE WITH NO CHECKPOINT kill yourself. No, really. Tie a noose, climb a building, find some poison - whatever you need to to to make sure you stop breathing and cease your life. Please do that now.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #727 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 01:21:50 »
Any game "designer" that puts an insta-kill quicktime event AT THE END OF A BOSS BATTLE WITH NO CHECKPOINT kill yourself. No, really. Tie a noose, climb a building, find some poison - whatever you need to to to make sure you stop breathing and cease your life. Please do that now.

git gud

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #728 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 04:39:57 »
Still playing Borderlands 2 while waiting for Borderlands 3.  :eek:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #729 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 05:21:02 »

git gud
:))

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #730 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 16:46:46 »
Still figuring out the second boss in Einhander. Also revisited Metroid Prime  :cool:

Offline outhentusiast

• Move quickly!
« Reply #731 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 21:00:25 »
I play path of exile (PC) and summoners war (mobile)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #732 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 11:17:18 »
OSRS
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #733 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 14:15:05 »
Found Xevious 3D/G today  :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #734 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 19:58:42 »
Neverwinter Nights - Shadows of Undrentide.

It doesn't feel as polished as the main NWN campaign, quests seem fairly boring, difficulty level ranges from too easy to massively too difficult to impossible (if you didn't buy a particular weapon on the last map).  There are spelling errors in the messages and item names.  Some of the commentary is too modern for my liking.  And Deekin seems to have been thrown in for comedy relief as much as anything.  Still reasonably enjoyable though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #735 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 23:20:20 »
Tp4 tried play new megaman..

Gosh darn, the game is so brightly lit.. EYE Hurts.

They need to release an Emo-color mod mode. 

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #736 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:35:13 »
Picked up World of Tanks again, funny seeing your tanks from 2 years back sitting there waiting.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #737 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:51:18 »
Picked up World of Tanks again, funny seeing your tanks from 2 years back sitting there waiting.

?? are they different from new tanks ??

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #738 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 08:50:34 »

In terms of the HD remake the first one was so good, but it felt like the second two were rushed or had a different asset team. Especially 3, there were a lot of poor decisions made with that one.

That one brought back a lot of nostalgia

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #739 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:33:45 »
Skater XL has been wilin, once the devs clean up the animations it will easily surpass Skate 3 in terms of raw game play imo.
The modding community has already made maps that I prefer to any spot in EA.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #740 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:52:53 »
Skater XL has been wilin, once the devs clean up the animations it will easily surpass Skate 3 in terms of raw game play imo.
The modding community has already made maps that I prefer to any spot in EA.

Oh yea, Spawn Wave reviewed that game recently.  Once it's finished baking I might check it out--looks decent so far.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #741 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 13:41:57 »
Started playing Apex Legends today. Holy hell that game is fun.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #742 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 14:11:13 »
Debated picking up League, but after around 10 hours of videos on just basics, I think I might wait until I either find some friends that play or get a cute nerd girlfriend that plays... Use to be a hardcore min-maxer/theorycrafter and I know how deep this rabbit hole could go, hahaha!

I did end up getting God Eater 3 for sale on PC. The graphics aren't amazing and mouse control is a bit odd (software mouse with a bit of lag atm), but the combat feels pretty sweet; it's noticeably faster paced than GER and GE2RB and just feels more polished. I'm not too far in yet, so I can't say much about story, but it does seem to be mostly detached from previous games for the most part.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #743 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 11:16:53 »

oh golly 

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #744 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 11:50:15 »
The games of life...

Three jobs, a full-time student and a family.

...Oh, video games... I remember those.

(In reality I am just watching The Expanse too much)
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 February 2019, 12:00:13 by ArchDill »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #745 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 12:08:28 »
The games of life...

Three jobs, a full-time student and a family.

...Oh, video games... I remember those.

(In reality I am just watching The Expanse too much)

Expanse looks so good in 4K..  Amaze details.. shot with red cameras

It's shown in 8-bit color though..  Wonder if maybe they'll release 10bit-HDR

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #746 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 12:55:12 »
I could continue to research certain topics on my phone while I'm in the bathroom or I can play Dragon Warrior.  I choose Dragon Warrior.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #747 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 12:17:09 »
Just finished Metro Exodus a couple of days back, but got the bad karma ending (no spoilers!) so I'm replaying it, this time doing my utmost to NOT kill indiscriminately. Keeping it fresh as my first go through was @3440x1440, now playing it @3840x1080. Got RE2 free with my Radeon VII purchase, but haven't started on it yet.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #748 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 00:30:27 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2020, 17:05:02 by iamacicada »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #749 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 08:23:38 »

But murr hurr I prefer pictures shot on real FILM cameras. I'm boycotting the DIGITAL Netflix look!!!

Dey got injected Digi-film grain just for connoisseurs such as yourself.