Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING  (Read 184893 times)

Offline SICAR187

Re: [GB] CNC Aluminum Cases for Cooler Master TKL boards (r2) ORDERING
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 21:04:26 »
I have heard that as well, but I don't have a Pexon cable myself with which to test.

You can do this with the case, however. ;)

Ryan, could you elaborate on this magnetic connector a bit? Where does one get the connector kit that goes on the inside of the case? And how does one tell Pexon to make a cable compatible with this?

It's a standard USB Micro B to USB A cable, with a detectable magnetic head. They're sold on Amazon, Ebay, ect... It's basically an Apple MagSafe adaptation (copy/knockoff).

The cable comes complete w/ 1 attachment, the USB Micro connector is a two piece design, (the small detachable part) stays on the device you're using it on (unlike MagSafe). The attachments are sold separately under different brand names with varying designs (different widths and pin arrangements on the USB Micro connector), so you'll have to make sure they are compatible when and if you purchase more attachments or complete cable/kit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 April 2017, 07:18:18 by SICAR187 »

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 21:40:16 »
You'll have to buy the cable and ship it to Pexon so they can re-sleeve it themselves.

Also this thread is ridiculously interesting on so many levels.

Offline richard912

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 23:13:23 »
Thanks for the confirmation. I like it because it looks simple and clean. Btw, was told that I may have an issue using the case with my custom Pexon cable :(

I have heard that as well, but I don't have a Pexon cable myself with which to test.

You can do this with the case, however. ;)

There are definitely other USB cables I could use but I have already invested in a set of Pexon New Style mods with both mini and micro USB connector connections, which makes things easier as I rotate between different boards that I have (gotta give them all some loving on a rotation basis, no?)

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 02:27:11 »
I just replaced the sleeving on my magnetic cable myself, was very easy. I got all the parts needed from a DYI usb cable kit.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 20:56:54 »
man, i've gotta be nuts, but i'm seriously considering getting a brushed blue, a matte gray, and an enigma.  in fact, if not for the $100 premium on the enigma i probably would have already pulled the trigger. hah.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 21:34:25 »
man, i've gotta be nuts, but i'm seriously considering getting a brushed blue, a matte gray, and an enigma.  in fact, if not for the $100 premium on the enigma i probably would have already pulled the trigger. hah.

Get 3 different TKLs, honestly

matte grey is common, so get this one in a weird color
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 00:47:09 »
man, i've gotta be nuts, but i'm seriously considering getting a brushed blue, a matte gray, and an enigma.

Not that I don't entirely endorse it, but all you high rollers who keep putting in orders for three and four cases blow my mind. I commend your financially imprudent commitment to keyboard indulgence, for it exceeds even my own—which I had not previously thought possible. ;)

Offline boxfrommoon

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 10:26:27 »
Thanks norbauer for creating such beautiful case! I missed the first group buy last year and I'm so happy that you decided to run it again. At the moment I can't decide between galactic blue and tactical gray. The gray one would most likely be more compatible with wider range of keycap sets while blue color would be more exotic choice of color for the keyboard case. I decided to do little photoshopping with PuLSE and Plum sets.

Plum - Tactical Gray

PuLSE - Galactic Blue

I think this made decision process even harder  :)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 10:35:51 »
Thanks norbauer for creating such beautiful case! I missed the first group buy last year and I'm so happy that you decided to run it again. At the moment I can't decide between galactic blue and tactical gray. The gray one would most likely be more compatible with wider range of keycap sets while blue color would be more exotic choice of color for the keyboard case. I decided to do little photoshopping with PuLSE and Plum sets.

Plum - Tactical Gray
Show Image

PuLSE - Galactic Blue
Show Image

Thanks to you I'm leaning to get both! Nice pics.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline norbauer

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 12:29:30 »

Plum - Tactical Gray
Show Image

PuLSE - Galactic Blue
Show Image

Very nice Photoshop work! Thanks for sharing this. :)

Offline zslane

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 13:27:41 »
Hmm. Try swapping them. I think PuLSE is better on a black (or very dark) case because the alphas are all black. By going with a black case, you allow the turquoise mods to really pop, whereas they sort of just clash with the blue case since the blue tones are not the same (PuLSE mods are almost green). And the purple mods of the GMK Plum set might look good with a dark blue case, whereas the completely neutral gray tones of the tactical gray case don't really combine with any of the Plum colors. (I feel that a tan case would probably have been idea for Plum, but tan was not offered as an option.)

Offline orpheo

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 13:38:21 »

Plum - Tactical Gray
Show Image

PuLSE - Galactic Blue
Show Image

OMG, I had reserves regarding the blue color in the IC thread but this galactic blue is so handsome! Congrats Ryan you have such great taste, at least same as mine!

Thanks for the photoshops!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 13:50:11 »
I can't get that Retro Refrigerator out of my head even though I think Tactical Gray would be more practical  :-\

halp
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 14:18:33 »
I can't get that Retro Refrigerator out of my head even though I think Tactical Gray would be more practical  :-\

Retro Refrigerator all the way. This round, I'm getting exotic colors only. There will always be opportunities to get black, silver, or grey mechs.

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 15:47:08 »

Show Image

halp

get both, get another kb for it or sell it later on. won't be hard to get it sold on mechmarket.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 15:58:06 »

Retro Refrigerator all the way. This round, I'm getting exotic colors only. There will always be opportunities to get black, silver, or grey mechs.
Yup I think you are right, and I already wimped out on getting the Exent in pink (picked black) - Retro Refrigerator it is!  :p
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline autobot

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 06:48:25 »
So psyched! Any chance of making a matching case for a numpad? CM might not make a numpad, but maybe some other common/popular numpad with a detachable USB cable?

That would be so dope!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 10:40:47 »
So psyched! Any chance of making a matching case for a numpad? CM might not make a numpad, but maybe some other common/popular numpad with a detachable USB cable?

That would be so dope!

If only there were a Topre numpad that supported MX stems like the Novatouch. I currently use an MX numpad. It a silver-colored aluminum Korean custom I got years ago with super ergo clears, which I like a lot, but which is a bit buggy and hard to program.

So, yeah, I'd love to make a custom case for a numpad that I loved and that is readily available on the market; but I would first have to find that numpad. =\

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 11:27:53 »
Ordered a Galactic Blue for my Deep Space, was such a hard decision to go for brushed or non brushed  ???

Offline zslane

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 12:49:21 »

That would be so dope!

If only there were a Topre numpad that supported MX stems like the Novatouch. I currently use an MX numpad. It a silver-colored aluminum Korean custom I got years ago with super ergo clears, which I like a lot, but which is a bit buggy and hard to program.

So, yeah, I'd love to make a custom case for a numpad that I loved and that is readily available on the market; but I would first have to find that numpad. =\

I put MX stems into my Topre 23UB. It's what I mate up with my NovaTouch. I'd love an aluminum case for it!

Offline autobot

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 13:30:04 »

That would be so dope!

I put MX stems into my Topre 23UB. It's what I mate up with my NovaTouch. I'd love an aluminum case for it!

I think this would be the path to go to resolve stem problem.

Would finding an MX numpad that could fit in the same case be at all possible? Switch spacing and board/plate dimensions and non-removable/removable cable would seem to be the driving factors.

Scenario A (simplest from a development standpoint)
Design the case for the bulkier of the two numpad guts, and have some provisions (like a bracket/spacer) for the slimmer one to fit.

Scenario B (not as simple as Scenario A)
Design universal bottom -or- top half, then Topre/MX designated half for either Topre or MX.

Scenario C (complex, cripples bulk pricing)
Case "A" w/cutout for a Topre Pad, Case "B" for an MX Pad

Haven't looked into Topre all that much, but is the Realforce the only Topre Numpad available? I couldn't find anything else out there.

Or just design a case for an MX numpad :)

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 16:55:17 »
KC21's pretty nice and fairly available...

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 16:56:19 »
Ordered a Galactic Blue for my Deep Space, was such a hard decision to go for brushed or non brushed  ???

it was a hard decision but i trust that brushed is going to be beautiful!  for now i'll be pairing it with symbiosis.  in the future, perhaps GMK nautilus.

Offline zslane

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 17:11:58 »

it was a hard decision but i trust that brushed is going to be beautiful!  for now i'll be pairing it with symbiosis.  in the future, perhaps GMK nautilus.

Wow! Someone who owns Symbiosis. They do exist!

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 18:13:59 »

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 18:22:18 »
Show Image

Is that Aerospace Aluminum?

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 21:28:29 »
it's the silver case from originative's previous group buy.  i assume it's the same one as aerospace aluminum this go round.

Offline richard912

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 23:27:59 »
Go brushed or bust!!

Offline zslane

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 00:44:03 »
Here's what my NovaTouch will more or less look like with the powder white case:

165880-0

Offline norbauer

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 00:49:59 »
i assume it's the same one as aerospace aluminum this go round.

Affirmative. :)

Offline orpheo

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 01:59:12 »
Ryan, I am still debating whether to go galactic or retro!

As for the numpad, I think there are in great demand and your design magic and restrained pricing with a leopold fc210tp could well be very popular!

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 09:32:56 »
Here's what my NovaTouch will more or less look like with the powder white case:

(Attachment Link)

How many of us are planning on variations of this theme, haha? I'm planning on Retro Refrigerator with Round 6 CADET alphas and Oblivion Git mods.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
[GB] CNC Aluminum Cases for Cooler Master TKL boards (r2) ORDERING
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 10:12:02 »
I've just got my hands on a Novatouch, just because I'd love to own a Norbauer case.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 April 2017, 10:14:00 by theillumedpanda »

Offline norbauer

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 00:17:15 »
As for the numpad, I think there are in great demand and your design magic and restrained pricing with a leopold fc210tp could well be very popular!

Oh, that's a good idea; I forgot about that one.

Offline orpheo

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 15:38:30 »
Yeah the numpad scene is depressing to say the least! We need your design power!

I just haven't found a suitable one in months so I DIY'ed it and did this prototype just this afternoon, looks like a "ghetto" but it's a numpad to go with my numerous 60% keyboard with the right size (17 keys)

I will cut it and make it shine, it's solid rosewood :D

It's a 18$ PCB from Ali for the nkpc switch tester (working and programmed already, even the led). The catch is that it doesn't have stabs holes and it's impossible to drill them (traces).

Offline zslane

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 17:03:48 »
I am ordering these cases for a NovaTouch (two if I can get my hands on a second one). The NovaTouch uses Topre switches, and the only numpad with Topre switches (that I'm aware of) is the Topre 23U/B. So if there's to be a Norbauer numpad case suitable for mating up with a NovaTouch, then I feel it really should be designed to fit the Topre 23U board.

Offline orpheo

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 18:08:43 »
I know about the rf23u but the problem is and will always be that you cannot change the keycaps, even with the JTK sliders,  no set fits this layout!

Offline zslane

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 18:58:16 »
The Enter key doesn't fit on quite right due to the extra stems and the stabilizer housing, but it's not the end of the world. And it's easily solved by dremeling off the extra stems (acquiring an extra Enter key might not be a bad idea, so as to have an intact one still in one's set).

166060-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 April 2017, 19:09:39 by zslane »

Offline norbauer

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 20:23:48 »
I just wanted to say thanks to the Top Clack guys (and Yanbo from MassDrop) for the nice words about my cases in this week's episode.

I just happened to be watching and was surprised to see they brought it up. :)

Offline chalks

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 20:32:07 »
I have a Nocatouch silenced with ironed landing pads. How does one of these cases affect its sound? Is it louder or quieter and/or a different tone?

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 03:01:36 »
I just wanted to say thanks to the Top Clack guys (and Yanbo from MassDrop) for the nice words about my cases in this week's episode.

I just happened to be watching and was surprised to see they brought it up. :)

Thanks for tuning in, my friend!

Offline orpheo

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 07:16:10 »
The Enter key doesn't fit on quite right due to the extra stems and the stabilizer housing, but it's not the end of the world. And it's easily solved by dremeling off the extra stems (acquiring an extra Enter key might not be a bad idea, so as to have an intact one still in one's set).

(Attachment Link)

Isn't your minus sign and equal sign mixed up?

Offline autobot

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 08:45:18 »
Ryan, I am still debating whether to go galactic or retro!

I'd be all over this.

Offline zslane

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 12:44:20 »

(Attachment Link)

Isn't your minus sign and equal sign mixed up?

Yeah, they're reversed. PuLSE doesn't come with the keycaps the other way around. There are other sets like Round 6, /dev/tty, and various DSA/XDA sets that make perfect legend accuracy easier to achieve.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 18:33:13 »
Shopify just notified me that they're experiencing an outage at the moment, so it looks like the group buy page is down. No need to fear, however, they're on the case and it should be back up again soon.

https://status.shopify.com/

Offline norbauer

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 18:44:53 »
GB storefront is back up now. Sorry for the hiccup.  :D

https://shop.norbauer.com/

Offline richard912

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 02:50:49 »
Disregarding issues with Pexon cables, the deed is done. Ordered an Aerospace Aluminum unit, which will go nicely with white/beige keysets.

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 07:34:52 »
Disregarding issues with Pexon cables, the deed is done. Ordered an Aerospace Aluminum unit, which will go nicely with white/beige keysets.

If you want to continue using your pexon cable all you would need to do is replace the usb micro connector and put on some new heatshrink.

Offline richard912

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 10:43:28 »

If you want to continue using your pexon cable all you would need to do is replace the usb micro connector and put on some new heatshrink.
Noted with thanks. Will definitely look into this.

Offline zslane

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:23:15 »
Could someone explain why a Pexon cable is any different from any other USB cable, and why it doesn't "work" with a Norbauer case?