Author Topic: Need help repairing Deck Legend-Should be simple, Very upset!  (Read 1307 times)

Offline typo

I just replaced a bad LED on the Left Windows key. That is fixed. Now, The backlight will not turn off with FN+0 or Fn+cursor up, held. Plus it stays on when the pc is turned off. Even when the psu is turned off! I have to pull the plug. Actually, Turn off the UPS. Levels 1-7 work as they should. The Windows key does not feel as good as it did but it works fine. That may be my imagination. The keyboard works entirely fine otherwise. I just used it to type this. I am really unhappy about this. What the heck could have gone wrong to cause this? If I were to guess it has to do with the volatile memory but I have no idea. Help please!

Thank you

Offline typo

Re: Need help repairing Deck Legend-Should be simple, Very upset!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 20:21:47 »
It seems only FN+6,7 work. FN+0 brings it to where FN+1 should be. Very strange Perhaps an IC or something. I do not understand how this went wrong from replacing an LED.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 20:28:29 »
I read that title in trumps voice

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 21:50:45 »
LOL. I did not even notice that. I should start using Twitter. Could be President!

Oh please one of you experts chime in here. This is such a bummer. I see no reason this should have occurred. Unless it is just a fluke and an unrelated failure to my replacing the LED. Damn, I know how to solder a LED. I can also trouble shoot this but I see and measure nothing wrong. WTF.