Author Topic: HHKB BT in white available for pre-order in the US  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
HHKB BT in white available for pre-order in the US
« on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 21:08:55 »
http://www.smartimports.net/pfu-happy-hacking-keyboard-professional-bt-bluetooth-in-white/

If anyone else was looking for a pre-order available to the US without using a proxy for Amazon JP here it is! I was talking with William from smartimports and he decided to put up a pre-order. I personally don't have alot of experience with smartimports, but they have been around a long time and appear to be reputable.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: HHKB BT in white available for pre-order in the US
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:00:01 »
$412 plus shipping, though? Is that actually considered a preorder-worthy deal? Personally, I'd rather buy, say, two RealForces—but whatever blows your skirt up.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:23:35 »
Hey, how about this?:

Happy Hacking Keyboard Wood (Natural Grain) Palm Rest

For $345 less (plus the shipping difference), you can get a cool HHKB palm rest made of real wood. (I didn't even know they had wood in Japan!) Then you can pretend you're typing on a HHKB—and even make clicking sounds with your mouth, which is always fun—and save all that dough!

Besides, having tried a HHKB, I can tell you first-hand, it's much harder and more complicated than using a regular board. With all those keys missing, you have to use combinations for nearly everything—not to mention the time and effort learning and getting used to them—so you end up doing a lot more work for the same results.

Most computer peeps are always looking for ways to do things with less effort (and, of course, for stuff to italicize). So for us, this compact, concentrated, cute but convoluted configuration seems contradictory, and I can't condone the cause for its conception, excluding the collection of currency for its creators.

Just thought I'd point all that out in case no one else had thought of it. Also, I've had coffee.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 19:47:56 »
Well the price(319$USD) seems on par with other retailers to the US. Elite Keyboard doesn't sell the bluetooth version (afaik) and amazon has them for ~350$USD. The price obviously isn't as good as you can get it in Japan, but if it shipped to the US from Amazon JP I wouldn't have posted this lol. As for the layout, I quite enjoy my HHKB layout. It does take some time getting used to though.