Author Topic: [GB]Maxkey Lime for EU (all order shipped)  (Read 23675 times)

Offline kingnestea

[GB]Maxkey Lime for EU (all order shipped)
« on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:48:48 »
18/12/2017

The bulk order has arrived in Belgium, our homie David from http://www.mykeyboard.eu will start shipping orders this week.
Hope you all receive this before Christmas  :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28/11/2017

picture of the actual product

183113-0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

176559-1

Original IC thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89839.0

As we've already paid a deposit for the tooling fee of fixed legends and novelty keys, Maxkey has already started fixing the legends and tooling for Lime novelty keys.
And we have to finalized the order number ASAP.
Therefore, I'd like to launch the EU group buy. All EU orders will be collected by myself through google form and payment via Paypal.
Shipment will be straight from China to Belgium and distributed by http://www.mykeyboard.eu just like the previous Maxkey cyan/orange on dolch EU GB.
For people located outside EU, http://www.keyclack.com will host a pre-order for Lime once jchan has stabilized the current workload.

Why is this launching before keyclack does?
Maxkey has already started the process of fixing their issues of certain legends, and we're sharing the cost, which is already paid as a deposit.
I'm gonna need to finalize the order number and make the total payment after they finish the fixes and tooling for Lime novelty keys.
Therefore I've decided at least to launch for EU first since it's already done in China.
If keyclack can not launch the pre-order before the final due, we'll have a certain amount of sets reserved for people outside EU/China and they will be on keyclack.

Product detail
Manufacturer: Maxkey
Material: Double shot ABS
Profile: Maxkey SA 1-1-2-3-4-3
Surface finish: semi-glossy
Compatibility: Full size/TKL/WKL/WK/65%/75% etc
Estimated shipdate according to Maxkey: October 2017
Price: 105EUR/set (Paypal fee included, EU import tax included, shipped from Belgium with tracked shipment)
Option: Shipped in tray (5EUR)

As it is stated in my IC thread, ~15 issues of Maxkey's current tooling will be fixed including ESC/BACKSPACE/RETURN/SHIFT/CAPS/CTRL/ALT/F1/DELETE and some legend thickness of the alphas.
2 full sets will be provided to me and jchan for verification(legends/color accuration/novelty keys) before production.

Order form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nBJR7fdJgoH5Vlg9C9aEXHH35OIn18gHmNB_44elPAs
This is only for EU, if you are located outside EU, please wait for the keyclack.com pre-order

If you are located in Taiwan,China. You can get this on Inpad http://inpad.com.tw/goods.php?act=view&no=17630

GB ends on Sep. 8th 2017
Paypal invoices will be sent out during that weekend, and must be paid before Sep. 17th 2017.

Special thanks to Oblotzky, Thesiscamper, jchan94, janglad for their help during development of this project ;) ;) ;)

Renders by Thesiscamper:
176561-2

176563-3

176565-4

176567-5

176569-6

176571-7
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 December 2017, 11:25:12 by kingnestea »

Offline kingnestea

Re: [GB]Maxkey Lime for EU (OPEN for EU/Taiwan,China)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 15:38:57 »
reserved for updates

Offline avid

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 15:42:36 »
Beautiful, but skipping due to the lack of ISO.

Has there been any ISO talk with maxkey?

Offline Petch

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 15:46:17 »
Buying R3 control

In all seriousness, 2 R3 1.5u novelty keys but not a Control?
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2017, 18:06:26 by Petch »

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 15:47:18 »

Yes, as they're still adjusting their tooling, there might be more layouts covered, but it's not promised.
I hope they can find a way to fix the lack of ISO tho, I'm so into ISO lately.
Ordered an ISO compatible plate and PCB for my Canoe which is lacking the ISO compatibility.
I wanted a limegreen return for Lime, but yeah. The answer is no atm.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2017, 15:54:12 by kingnestea »

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 18:41:29 »
Buying R3 control

What do you mean? 2 R3 1.5u control are right there

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 01:33:05 »
Sorry I might missed it but, this thread is not about US group buy, right? Should buyers from the US still wait for Keyclack?

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 02:20:30 »
I hope you guys don't buy them all so Keyclack only has a few... gotta get me this set :P

Sorry I might missed it but, this thread is not about US group buy, right? Should buyers from the US still wait for Keyclack?

Yes:

For people located outside EU, http://www.keyclack.com will host a pre-order for Lime once jchan has stabilized the current workload.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline darthzero

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 02:38:20 »
First off, thank you for doing this and i'm so IN :>

Yes, as they're still adjusting their tooling, there might be more layouts covered, but it's not promised.
Ordered an ISO compatible plate and PCB for my Canoe which is lacking the ISO compatibility.

As it is a pain for me too i thought about ways to work around this problem. My first thought was to get a comparison between dsa/xda/gmk/sa iso enter keys to look how different they might look or better if one of them would be close enough to SA... Sadly i couldn't find much about iso enter comparisons (who would have thought hehe)...   
So how about we let it produce by SP directly.. just a small essentials iso kit ^^ I for one would mind the wait and the cost can't be that high right? 

Edit: it's just the enter key anyway right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 03:12:46 by darthzero »
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline Petch

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 02:42:46 »
Buying R3 control

I mean actual R3, not R3 profile on R4 - so a 1.75u R3 control.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 04:15:05 »
Buying R3 control

I see what you mean, a R3 1.75u Control for HHKB right? well...first of all, you need to realize that this is Maxkey...
It's not like we can ask for whatever we want, adding a key that's not in their basic mold will increase the cost a lot.
We have added a lot already, text arrows, R4 Fn key, and novelty keys are provided by them as a 10-key package.
I really can't add any other key unless they adjust their basic mold.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 04:19:31 »
First off, thank you for doing this and i'm so IN :>

As it is a pain for me too i thought about ways to work around this problem. My first thought was to get a comparison between dsa/xda/gmk/sa iso enter keys to look how different they might look or better if one of them would be close enough to SA... Sadly i couldn't find much about iso enter comparisons (who would have thought hehe)...   
So how about we let it produce by SP directly.. just a small essentials iso kit ^^ I for one would mind the wait and the cost can't be that high right? 

Edit: it's just the enter key anyway right?

I was thinking about ordering the ISO kit from SP, but the wait and cost will be worthless.
So I think the best way to solve this is to order that from Maxkey when they can provide it in the future.
It should be doable.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 04:24:32 by kingnestea »

Offline Petch

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 05:04:21 »
Buying R3 control

I see what you mean, a R3 1.75u Control for HHKB right? well...first of all, you need to realize that this is Maxkey...
It's not like we can ask for whatever we want, adding a key that's not in their basic mold will increase the cost a lot.
We have added a lot already, text arrows, R4 Fn key, and novelty keys are provided by them as a 10-key package.

Calm depths offers it, so it should(?) already exist. Not sure if CD is having it made, but for the $90 price @ 200 MOQ I can't imagine that being the case

Offline Locnguyen1507

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 06:16:54 »
Love the color scheme of this set.
However, i wonder why they do not include the Arrow Icon for this set..   :( :( This is the only one reason that i did not hop in from taobao groupbuy last month  :-[

Offline darthzero

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 07:09:12 »
Buying R3 control

Calm depths offers it, so it should(?) already exist. Not sure if CD is having it made, but for the $90 price @ 200 MOQ I can't imagine that being the case

Nothing to see in the IC for CD regarding iso enter, either i'm blind or you looked at the wrong CD IC as there are three here (maxkeys, SP and gmk).

Offline Petch

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 07:41:09 »
Buying R3 control

Nothing to see in the IC for CD regarding iso enter, either i'm blind or you looked at the wrong CD IC as there are three here (maxkeys, SP and gmk).

Probably because that entire comment chain was about 1.75u R3 Control, not ISO enter  ;)

Offline darthzero

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 07:49:23 »
omg yeah now i see it >.< damn smartphone screens with the keyboard up ..
i feel so small now :/ pardon me

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 08:54:44 »
The guy who is running Calm Depths said he F'd up and didn't calculate the cost correctly.. and MOQ will need to be 300 to cover the mold costs.  That's a lot of effing sets.
keyboards.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 10:46:41 »
Buying R3 control

Calm depths offers it because he is intended to have that made, and that is after Lime.
About the pricing he released, I don't wanna pull a drama. But since you are asking.
I've talked to the Maxkey representative who did the pricing for Calm Depths this morning.
I guess the GB organizer is paying $ for you guys?
Even though shipping cost and custom tax aren't taken in consideration yet, Maxkey's pricing for Calm Depths at 200MOQ is definately higher than what he is claiming to charge.
I guess that's why you will be invoiced again for shipping after he receives the sets?
105EUR is totally what will be charged for Lime in EU, including custom tax/shipping cost from China to Belgium and from Belgium to end user.
It should be at $105-ish on keyclack.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 11:05:42 by kingnestea »

Offline TastyNico

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 15:00:21 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 February 2023, 23:45:04 by TastyNico »

Offline jurai

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 12:06:29 »
can't wait for the US orders to open, very excited to throw this on my welfare96

Offline adam.baranyai

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 02:32:25 »
Folks, What's the best way to purchase this set to New Zealand? According to original IC thread, I would need to purchase it via TaoBao, but their page shows ¥ 9998.00 as the price which converts to more than 2100 NZD. :confused: I'm also unsure if I would need to use a proxy or can directly order it to New Zealand from TB. Can someone please help me out with a few hints?

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 02:56:53 »
Folks, What's the best way to purchase this set to New Zealand? According to original IC thread, I would need to purchase it via TaoBao, but their page shows ¥ 9998.00 as the price which converts to more than 2100 NZD. :confused: I'm also unsure if I would need to use a proxy or can directly order it to New Zealand from TB. Can someone please help me out with a few hints?
The 9998 shows up because the GB had already finished.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline adam.baranyai

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 03:04:02 »

Damn. I had a feeling that was the reason. Do you happen to know what's the best way to purchase this set now to NZ? Wait for Keyclack GB?

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 03:14:52 »

Damn. I had a feeling that was the reason. Do you happen to know what's the best way to purchase this set now to NZ? Wait for Keyclack GB?
Yes, keyclack is way to go.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline adam.baranyai

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 03:20:59 »
Thanks simonyunhe.

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 08:36:36 »
The US gb is still not on. Start to worry... :(

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 13:10:39 »
The US gb is still not on. Start to worry... :(

Don't worry, they reserved stock for us. Hopefully it's enough though, that's my biggest concern.

But it's probably going to be delayed quite a while. The M65 gb has to wrap up and it's probably going to take a few more months.

Offline jurai

Re: [GB]Maxkey Lime for EU (Invoicing)
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 13:20:52 »
any news

Offline constellation

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 20:28:10 »
Any news on the US/Canada group buy? Not quite sure if enough stock is reserved and I'm really excited for this group buy.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 08:38:05 »
For everyone unaware as of now... https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6zekmo/a_post_to_clear_things_up_please_read/
I guess that means no US gb but only kingnestea can tell for sure.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 09:15:23 »
The plan was to sell sets in the us as "retail" but with gb pricing. Essentially there was to be a certain number of sets purchased and allocated to us sales that would be made available for either pre order or post reception sale. Not sure if this is still happening or not. But as soon as keyclack started having issues, the decision was made not to make a us gb.
keyboards.

Offline jurai

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 12:43:35 »
I'd just like a clear answer, so did I completely miss out on this set because I didn't buy from Taobao due to false promises of a US GB? I understand the bad situation, can't another seller pick up the GB tho?

Offline outsider

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 01:05:17 »
I reached out to kingnestea with this same concern and while he didn’t have an answer yet, he is aware and looking for a solution for us US folks.

Offline jurai

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 01:07:16 »
I reached out to kingnestea with this same concern and while he didn’t have an answer yet, he is aware and looking for a solution for us US folks.

thanks bud, keep us posted, this was the set I've been holding out for on my 96 key build and the only taobao option at this point is grossly overpriced

Offline outsider

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 01:11:50 »

thanks bud, keep us posted, this was the set I've been holding out for on my 96 key build and the only taobao option at this point is grossly overpriced

No prob! I’m sure he will likely pop in here soon with an update but if I learn anything before then I’ll provide.

Offline constellation

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 15:35:29 »
Are there any options for North American folks to get in on the EU group buy at all?

Offline jurai

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 11:40:18 »
still no updates eh :\

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 15:20:38 »
Just a quick update on Maxkey Lime for those who are located in the states and are waiting for this.

First of all, we have reached 200MOQ along with EU and Asia. Those GBs went smoothly and succed.

Now it's time for the US, after talking to /u/jchan,I've decided to do this with another vendor given that Joseph's current situation.

It has been a great time working along side with Joseph, but life happens, I hope that we will eventually see a return of keyclack.

For Lime, I have been talking to another vendor, it is set, and will be launched really soon.

I, along with the new vendor who's handling Lime for US/int'l, we talked to Maxkey and got the details clearified a little bit.

According to the latest communication with Maxkey, Lime samples will be ready and provided to me and the US vendor for verification by the end of Oct.

GB orders will be shipped early Nov. 2017.

Hope you guys understand that there hasn't been much update on the US GB since we have just got things settled.

And thank you for your support a again!

-kingnestea

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 18:51:21 »
Is it still the case that there is limited stock for the US and just FCFS, or will there be a new GB?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 11:55:15 »
Is it still the case that there is limited stock for the US and just FCFS, or will there be a new GB?
a MOQ was set for the vendor who is hosting US/int'l, but they will start a GB so it's not limited.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 11:04:18 »
It seems Input Club is the new vendor! Kind of suprised given they are going through crazy stuff right now too, but they are awesome group and a great choice. https://kono.store/products/maxkey-lime-group-buy

They have a giveaway running too: http://woobox.com/xv6tvz

Offline ALKAHEST

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 17:03:40 »
"EXPECTED FULFILLMENT DATE: December 10th, 2017"

Does this mean that EU orders can (also) expect to receive SA Lime starting December 10th?
"Doesn't look like anything to me."

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 19:38:30 »
Are the alphas white or light grey? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 23:31:30 »
"EXPECTED FULFILLMENT DATE: December 10th, 2017"

Does this mean that EU orders can (also) expect to receive SA Lime starting December 10th?

Maybe sooner

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 23:31:47 »
Are the alphas white or light grey? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

light gray

Offline zerobugz

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 03:20:48 »
Are there any news about when EU orders are going to ship?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 11:40:15 »
Hi guys,

a quick update. I received some pictures of Lime color samples and novelty samples last week, wanted to update the group later since it should be in production very soon.

But here you go. Some pictures of the colors, they look pretty accurate and promising to me.

182058-0

182060-1

These are Lime novelty keys samples made in WoB to test the tooling

182062-2

Regarding fixed legends, maybe some of you already saw this, but this is Ashen R2 with fixed legends, look pretty good to me.

182064-3

182066-4

At last. I was told that the production should be finish soon-ish, and Lime should be able to ship from China within November. I'll send out an e-mail to those who joined once it's dispatched in China.

Cheers

Offline ALKAHEST

This is lovely news. Those are really great colors, amazing novelties and the fixed legends make me love Maxkey even more.
Thanks for the update, can't wait!
"Doesn't look like anything to me."

Offline fishpod

The samples are promising! now i am regretting not joining the GB back then coz I was broke  :( :( :( . Hopefully I will be able to get one from aftermarket.