Author Topic: TKL Keyboard Travel Case or Sleeve  (Read 5867 times)

Offline bachamn

• Forming the Beast
TKL Keyboard Travel Case or Sleeve
« on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 17:56:07 »
I recently purchased (and absolutely love) the Filco Convertible TKL, and since I regularly transport it from work to home I'm looking for a decent way to protect it in my bag during my commute.

However I can't seem to nail down a search query that turns any up, as most searches lead me to actual keyboard frames (shells, cases, etc) used for building a keyboard or cases for musical keyboards (or even, a company called TKL that makes guitar cases.)

Are there any community recommendations for a TKL sized case? I'd be interested in anything from a simple neoprene (that I saw some of on Alibaba I believe) or possible something with a more firm support like a clamshell or even a hard case.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 October 2017, 18:05:40 by bachamn »

Offline bachamn

• Forming the Beast
Re: TKL Keyboard Travel Case or Sleeve
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:48:11 »
Figured I'd follow up despite the proverbial crickets. I ended up going with a pretty basic neoprene sleeve I found on Amazon and will post a follow-up with impressions in case anyone stumbles across this in the future.

ENHANCE TKL Sleeve

Offline SinisterSound

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 08:16:00 »
I am interested in finding one of these myself.  Saw a few on Amazon, but was hoping for something with a bit of a firm shell around it instead of just a fabric sleeve.  I’ve seen some that are still coated in neoprene.  I’m thinking something like an oversized 3DS case.  Seen some by Hermitshell but they are made to fit specific keyboard models:

For Anker Ultra Compact Slim Profile Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Travel Hard EVA Protective Case Carrying Pouch Cover Bag Compact size by Hermitshell https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EY7WAH0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FVg.zb35D29G7

Offline bachamn

• Forming the Beast
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 16:01:58 »
Funny that you mention Nintendo DS case, as I have one for my DS Lite that's exactly the style I was looking for originally as well. But yeah I couldn't find anything that wasn't made for a specific model of board, so I gave up on that search. Found one for a full sized HP board that probably would have worked but I didn't like the idea of the extra space inside.

The Neoprene sleeve I bought seems to have solid stitching and provides enough cushioning for my purposes; I mainly just wanted something to keep it from rubbing up against other things or possibly wedging under the keys while it's in my backpack during my commute.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 17:00:38 »
There is one in the works by Ryan Norbauer.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88213.0