Author Topic: Risk Keycaps  (Read 16654 times)

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
Risk Keycaps
« on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 19:00:01 »
Hello you resin addicted degenerate.

« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2018, 23:19:11 by anthorix »

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
Re: Risk Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 19:39:08 »
nice

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 19:40:38 »

Offline luckykev

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 19:41:20 »
cool

Offline omegafivethreefive

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 19:43:15 »

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 19:47:37 »

Offline kenji

• one day at a time
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 14:48:22 »
that squido cap looks super clean! i see you on that third eye level lol

are you sculpting on a synth or on top of a blank cap? and what kind of casting set up do you have?

i've been experimenting with some of my own casts, so i'm curious to know what other people are doing

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 15:19:30 »

are you sculpting on a synth or on top of a blank cap? and what kind of casting set up do you have?

i've been experimenting with some of my own casts, so i'm curious to know what other people are doing

hello, i got a B-stock synth which isn't good for making keps on the spot, but is still useful as a master mold assist. without a synth you could use a keycap of your choice on a flat base which you may then cover in silicone. after which you may leave the keycap in the silicone and remove the clay base. spray the first mold with mold release and then pour the second half of the keycap which is the stem. this base can then be used as a custom "synth"
i use superglue and toothpicks for sprues. my silicone is Platsil 73-20. my resin is alumilite clear and smoothcast 325. i use legos for mold boxes. i use super sculpey firm and chavant medium clays. i use a CA tech 2.5 gallon pressure pot and a california air tools quiet compressor model number CAT-1P1060S. a digital gram scale for measuring resin and silicone in equal parts which is also very important.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 15:41:50 »
Holy crap I want that Squido

Offline mbljs5555

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 22:28:11 »
More Squidos! :D

Offline kenji

• one day at a time
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 00:30:59 »

hello, i got a B-stock synth which isn't good for making keps on the spot, but is still useful as a master mold assist. without a synth you could use a keycap of your choice on a flat base which you may then cover in silicone. after which you may leave the keycap in the silicone and remove the clay base. spray the first mold with mold release and then pour the second half of the keycap which is the stem. this base can then be used as a custom "synth"
i use superglue and toothpicks for sprues. my silicone is Platsil 73-20. my resin is alumilite clear and smoothcast 325. i use legos for mold boxes. i use super sculpey firm and chavant medium clays. i use a CA tech 2.5 gallon pressure pot and a california air tools quiet compressor model number CAT-1P1060S. a digital gram scale for measuring resin and silicone in equal parts which is also very important.

thanks for the info!

why do you only spray the bottom (stem) side of the cap with mold release?

i've been having a little trouble with bubbles forming when i pour molds even with what i think is decent technique. do you vibrate the molds while they cure at all? how do you minimize bubbles in the molds?

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 00:44:47 »

thanks for the info!

i've been having a little trouble with bubbles forming when i pour molds even with what i think is decent technique. do you vibrate the molds while they cure at all? how do you minimize bubbles in the molds?

Hi, if you want less bubbles without a compressor tank combo, you'll need a slow curing resin and a little work getting the air out through sprue holes. i highly recommend getting a pressure pot/tank and quiet air compressor if you want professional looking work that is sellable and also quicker to make. buying a pressure pot and quiet aircompressor is a necessity for all artisans imo.

Offline kenji

• one day at a time
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 01:02:01 »

thanks for the info!

Hi, if you want less bubbles without a compressor tank combo, you'll need a slow curing resin and a little work getting the air out through sprue holes. i highly recommend getting a pressure pot/tank and quiet air compressor if you want professional looking work that is sellable and also quicker to make. buying a pressure pot and quiet aircompressor is a necessity for all artisans imo.

hey thanks for the reply. sorry i think i wasnt being clear.

i was wondering if you do anything in particular to minimize bubbles when you pour your silicon molds over your mast sculpts. i actually just got a pressure pot and compressor, which have made a huge difference in the reducing bubbles throughout the cap, but now i need to tackle the ones that form when i pour molds.

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 01:27:35 »

thanks for the info!

i was wondering if you do anything in particular to minimize bubbles when you pour your silicon molds over your mast sculpts. i actually just got a pressure pot and compressor, which have made a huge difference in the reducing bubbles throughout the cap, but now i need to tackle the ones that form when i pour molds.

lol you're supposed to pressurize the silicone molds too

Offline kenji

• one day at a time
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 01:35:49 »

thanks for the info!

lol you're supposed to pressurize the silicone molds too

LOL really??  jeez I feel dumb...  Today I was wondering if that would work too haha

Thanks a lot for the tip! Happy casting  ;D

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 18:22:28 »
Squido is very nice.  Keep it up!

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 20:08:47 »
Wow~!!

Nice Squido!!! I like it. I hope you sale soon  :p :thumb: :thumb:
Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 20:24:45 »
that last picture you fk

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 09:42:35 »
That Squido looks slippery!  :p The blanks/wasd sets look super clean as well!

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 14:51:53 »
What are you doing to that HHKB?

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 19:11:12 »
What are you doing to that HHKB?

nothing

Offline anhthao88

Re: Risk Keycaps (One Valentine a Day Until the 14th) ONGOING
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 09:57:44 »
Is the form for raffle gonna be posted here or discord? I've watched this thread pretty closely all day yesterday and still missed the Feb 8 cap :(

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 10:00:33 »
Is the form for raffle gonna be posted here or discord? I've watched this thread pretty closely all day yesterday and still missed the Feb 8 cap :(

Was on Discord.

Offline anhthao88

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 10:39:48 »

Was on Discord.

Kk thanks!

Offline juntheboon

Re: Risk Keycaps Squidos Incubation
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 02:44:02 »
hello i like squids

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
Re: Risk Keycaps Squidos Incubation
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 05:34:17 »

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 21:16:17 »
wooh its spoopy time

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 23:02:10 »
Great look Squido!!  :thumb:

but this raffle is only one Squido artisan cap? :eek:

only one winner?  :'(
Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 20:14:23 »
Great look Squido!!  :thumb:

but this raffle is only one Squido artisan cap? :eek:

only one winner?  :'(

ye i usual only make one-offs on the basis of "only cus im lazy af"

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 23:11:58 »
I shud really get around to finally distributing these. its that time of month. Updates soonish.

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 00:32:20 »