Author Topic: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Massdrop GB Starts)  (Read 70615 times)

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/16# Add Icon mods)
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 15:35:04 »
I'm interested in a set as well, is there going to be a plain ANSI US one, without extra lettering om the keycaps? Something similar to the simple EnjoyPBT colored ones blue/purple/green ones?

Just buy EnjoyPBT if that's what you're looking for. There's more compatibility with them anyway.

BSP feels nicer tho

Right so I've not laid fingers on BSP but my understanding was that the legends are sharper and the caps feel nicer (and are maybe thicker?) than enjoyPBT. Is that about right?

Yes, the dyesubbing is the best and the caps aren't as gritty as other PBTs are. They are a little less gritty than new GMK. Thickness should be about the same

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 15:46:12 »
I'm also hoping that their manufacturing process is better than ePBT.  I've not had much luck recently with ePBT/Gateron caps.  Lots of shrinkage leading to banana-shaped modifiers that will only work with costar stabilizers and VERY tightly fitting caps.  Like, "scared you're going to rip your switches apart" tight

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
[IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/16# Add Icon mods)
« Reply #302 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 15:52:27 »
I'm interested in a set as well, is there going to be a plain ANSI US one, without extra lettering om the keycaps? Something similar to the simple EnjoyPBT colored ones blue/purple/green ones?

Just buy EnjoyPBT if that's what you're looking for. There's more compatibility with them anyway.

BSP feels nicer tho

Right so I've not laid fingers on BSP but my understanding was that the legends are sharper and the caps feel nicer (and are maybe thicker?) than enjoyPBT. Is that about right?

Yes, definitely nicer. Have both epbt and BSP marching beige sets and the BSP is noticeably better
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 16:18:35 by crtexcnndrm99 »
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #303 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 15:56:37 »
BSP still has a banana right long 2.75u shift, but it fits fine on my stabs/switches.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 16:09:52 »
These look awesome, watching this thread

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #305 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 16:20:40 »
I'm also hoping that their manufacturing process is better than ePBT.  I've not had much luck recently with ePBT/Gateron caps.  Lots of shrinkage leading to banana-shaped modifiers that will only work with costar stabilizers and VERY tightly fitting caps.  Like, "scared you're going to rip your switches apart" tight

That sucks to hear, where did you get those sets from? I've gotten 4 sets of ePBT caps from KBDfans & none of them have the warping issues on spacebars or modifier keys, I use them across a bunch of different boards without issue. Not sure if I'm extremely lucky, KBDfans has real good ePBT sets, or if that is just the exception & not the rule with ePBT sets, but you are not the first person I've heard of having this issue with ePBT or Gateron sets. With my personal experience with ePBT though, I'm leaning more to that being the exception rather than the rule.

I've heard of people using a heat gun to get bows out of longer PBT caps though, might be worth looking into if you haven't returned the sets. The stems being tight is something that my sets do have though, I believe it's because they are made for Gateron switches which have a ever so slightly smaller stem than most other MX switches. Although I don't find them to be so tight it worries me removing them even on Cherry switches. I'm all for a higher quality product, hence my interests in this GB, but IME ePBT is pretty good as it stands. I'm expecting better dye-subbing with these BSP sets but that's about it TBH.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 16:21:25 »
BSP still has a banana right long 2.75u shift, but it fits fine on my stabs/switches.

Yeah banana mods are a pain.. I’ve popped out many a stab trying to sit them flat (forgetting the bend) :/

Trick is to only press keycap on in the very centre where the switch is - DON’T start pressing the sides of the keycap (that’s how you pop out your stab)
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 17:04:30 »

BSP feels nicer tho

Yes, the dyesubbing is the best and the caps aren't as gritty as other PBTs are. They are a little less gritty than new GMK. Thickness should be about the same

the dyesubbing can still be **** if it's done poorly, that's not dependant on who makes the cap

BSP only makes the blanks, hammer does the dyesubbing
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 17:05:36 »
^

I was gonna say, IMSTO isn't doing the dyesubbing this time around. We don't really know how sharp these will turn out, unless someone has seen the results in person
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #309 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 17:31:44 »
^

I was gonna say, IMSTO isn't doing the dyesubbing this time around. We don't really know how sharp these will turn out, unless someone has seen the results in person

BSP feels nicer tho

the dyesubbing can still be **** if it's done poorly, that's not dependant on who makes the cap

It was always Hammer doing the dyesubbing if I'm not mistaken

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #310 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 17:50:22 »
That's really cool. Those past dye subs were amazing according to what I've heard from others.

Super excited for these!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #311 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 17:58:55 »
^

BSP feels nicer tho

correct
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 18:04:53 »
^

BSP feels nicer tho

correct

It took me a lot of time to copy that from Cherry's original Arabic keycaps, I'll let the similarity reach 95%.

I'm also very happy that the first sentence of this IC indicates his dedication to accuracy. I have high expectations  ;D

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #313 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 19:43:27 »
^

BSP feels nicer tho

correct

It took me a lot of time to copy that from Cherry's original Arabic keycaps, I'll let the similarity reach 95%.

I'm also very happy that the first sentence of this IC indicates his dedication to accuracy. I have high expectations  ;D

Ok good stuff. Good info. Looking forward to this even more now.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #314 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 21:09:12 »
^

BSP feels nicer tho

correct

Hammer doing the dye-subbing is the TLDR version of why I'm wanting in on this GB from my previous post. Not expecting a huge jump quality wise from ePBT to BSP as far as the keys themselves go. PBT is just notoriously hard to keep from warping when cooling, thankfully I have never ran into the banana spacebar/shifts, but it could happen with any run of PBT sets it seems. So I'm just looking for Hammer's high quality dye-subbing out of these sets more than anything else TBH. Hopefully the banana issue doesn't happen with these though.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 21:10:48 by Rob27shred »

Offline Geek Maker

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 00:40:12 »
^

BSP feels nicer tho

correct

Hammer doing the dye-subbing is the TLDR version of why I'm wanting in on this GB from my previous post. Not expecting a huge jump quality wise from ePBT to BSP as far as the keys themselves go. PBT is just notoriously hard to keep from warping when cooling, thankfully I have never ran into the banana spacebar/shifts, but it could happen with any run of PBT sets it seems. So I'm just looking for Hammer's high quality dye-subbing out of these sets more than anything else TBH. Hopefully the banana issue doesn't happen with these though.

As I know, there are some crooked stems in key in R1 BSP GB. The issue have been far improved in the R2 BSP GB and R3.

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 02:16:33 »
So many quotes to my question but nobody answered my question...I only got "go and buy Epbt you simple legends wanting man"  ;D ;D ;D

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 02:22:18 »
There's ANSI ones out there in the market too. Sherryton from Oco sold a bunch of new old stock and he might even still have some. Just an FYI, not a critique to your suggestion.

Thank you, will search for it !

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 22:47:41 »
What's the retro winkey set?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #319 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 00:15:54 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94158.msg2566242#msg2566242

looks like there was an attachment here at some point

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 19:52:55 »

Row5 1u win 95/98 logo keys. So like this

or like this

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 21:32:15 »
Wait, so the APL set doesn't include a row5 win key and it's a separate kit? Even though it is shown in the render?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #322 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 21:33:57 »
Wait, so the APL set doesn't include a row5 win key and it's a separate kit? Even though it is shown in the render?

it will include winkeys

the retro set has a different legend

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 22:30:58 »
I see.

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #324 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 16:58:04 »
Any news on when the GB will open?
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 00:58:52 »
oh well, I'm in

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #327 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:40:56 »
Why massdrop  :-\

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:44:45 »

Hammer and Massdrop have been working together for a long time, I figured that this would be the case. Massdrop has been much better recently than in the past.

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #329 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:51:55 »
:facepalm:
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline Hammer

« Reply #330 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:34:19 »
Don't worry, the price will not rise ;)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:39:37 »
Shame this is going through assdrop

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #332 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:51:02 »
Well, ****.

Offline Hammer

« Reply #333 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:54:30 »

Well, ****.
They really changed a lot and get better, givem a chance :)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:12:15 »

Well, ****.

Still gonna buy, don't worry!

Offline Hammer

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:19:05 »

Well, ****.

At least they provide a guarantee for the trade, who knows if I am the next Ivan? :blank:
People always make mistakes, Let's give them a chance.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:26:00 »
Depending on when this happens I might be in for a set.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:27:56 »
The people who were going to buy are going to buy regardless of where the sale occurs. Can't wait for this, Hammer.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 14:03:39 »

Well, ****.

At least they provide a guarantee for the trade, who knows if I am the next Ivan? :blank:

I hope keyset not too expensive if it happens on Massdrop.  Interested in Tulip and APL.  If it's too expensive I might be only getting one :(
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 4/11# BIG UPDATE)
« Reply #339 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 14:04:39 »
Massdrop is usually pretty close to retail price in my experience. I don't forsee you paying much more than you would if it were hosted off MD.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline megaforce

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 14:10:26 »
love me some massdrop.

one of those "good guy" vendors.
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #341 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 14:42:00 »

Well, ****.

i'm in no matter what :D

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:20:17 »
love me some massdrop.

plz

Offline t8c

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:23:08 »
Can't seem to see the [ left bracket on the ansi GK set. Will there only be the right bracket?

Also would love to buy the cherry star from the arabic kit.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #344 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:25:12 »
love me some massdrop.

plz

Massdrop isn't perfect by any stretch but they are certainly far better than many retailers out there.

Offline runsamok

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:41:21 »

plz

Massdrop isn't perfect by any stretch but they are certainly far better than many retailers out there.

Massdrop is one of the worst retailers I've ever used, but I'm in Canada. They routinely goof up shipments, send things with incorrect labels causing overcharging at Customs & a whole host of other shipping & logistics issues. If I could have gotten my SA Oblivion anywhere else, I gladly would have, but unfortunately they're the 800-lb gorilla in the mech keyboard group buy community.

Offline nzhoward

« Reply #346 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:47:25 »
Is there a possibility to include a vanilla plain winkey (monochrome) in the retro winkey set? not a fan of the colorful ones or the novelty winkeys in each of the sets. Regardless, I will be in for 2!

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:46:30 »

late to the party.. would love to see proper hangul dyesubs
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline Origami_Rabbit

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 02:48:40 »
Might the 五笔 legends be real?

HHKB Pro JP Type-S with hasu alt controller
Leopold FC980c

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 05:46:00 »

BSP feels nicer tho

Don't forget R5 mods, I don't think enjoyPBT does them?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150