Author Topic: Hi from Belgium - New ergodox ez user since January 2018  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Switch2018

Hi from Belgium - New ergodox ez user since January 2018
« on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 16:19:21 »
Hi Everyone,

I've been a long time lurker here and since this forum has been a huge help in my quest for the perfect ergonomic keyboard setup, I'd like  to share what I'm currently working with:

Ergodox EZ - Mod
- Qwerty-French keyboard input source
- a mix of Kailh Silver speed switches and one Cherry Brown for a single key I often accidentally type, I'll probably experiment with more switches.
- removed right side thumb cluster to put an apple magic trackpad 1. (inverted because of the retarded non-trackpad area used for the battery )
This allows me to only use the thumb and not move my right hand at all to use a mouse, however I've found that the macbook laptop trackpad is way better as far as thumb detection is concerned...maybe I'll give the magic trackpad 2 a try. By the way big thank you to Bettertouchtools and cursorsense apps, they allow to respectively invert and adjust the trackpad sensitivity and acceleration.

Ergodox configuration: https://configure.ergodox-ez.com/keyboard_layouts/kdywox/edit

Looking forward to get inspired here ++

"189525-0189527-1 [ Specified attachment is not available ]