Author Topic: [GB] TGR-Alice - 100% Completed  (Read 360032 times)

Offline i_tekneek

Re: [GB] TGR-Alice - 100% Completed
« Reply #950 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 18:12:24 »
Anyone with experience flashing this board or an RGB kits they would be willing to let go of, or the files for the acrylic plate to make it please let me know~

Im dying to get rid of this windows key next to me left spacebar lol

Offline 4Holo

« Reply #951 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 12:40:23 »
Hope TGR Alice can come back for a second round! I would love to make this keyboard

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #952 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 13:00:36 »
Hope TGR Alice can come back for a second round! I would love to make this keyboard
Highly unlikely.  There are plenty of other options out there for Alice alternatives.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #953 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 18:05:07 »
Anyone with experience flashing this board or an RGB kits they would be willing to let go of, or the files for the acrylic plate to make it please let me know~

Its Bootmapper

takes like 2secs to change the keymap

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #954 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 08:45:07 »

Its Bootmapper

takes like 2secs to change the keymap

i, too, take 2 secs.

Offline h40

• h40.io
Re: [GB] TGR-Alice - 75% Completed
« Reply #955 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 12:25:50 »
Hey guys, here are the files.

PCB layout file https://www.dropbox.com/s/71r8ra5ft25uiqa/alice_PCB_layout.DWG?dl=0
Plate https://www.dropbox.com/s/35dhihpsjpnb2nx/alice_plate_rev_C.DWG?dl=0
Acrylic case https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq2i2yhk1mshpuv/alice_case_acrylic.DWG?dl=0

Thanks.

Is the acrylic case linked here designed for the top or bottom USB port? Anyone ever built it with the sneakbox hotswap alice PCB?

Offline DaiLoDong

• Steam + Reddit same username
« Reply #956 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 14:50:12 »
I recently got the OG TGR Alice with the original pcb and i cant get this damn thing to go into bootloader mode and nothing detects it

not qmk

not HIDbootloader

not VIA

And i tried shift+b unplug and replug, backspace, left ctrl, esc.

i feel like ive literally tried everything to get this finnicky boi to reset and nothing :C

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #957 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 14:53:03 »
I recently got the OG TGR Alice with the original pcb and i cant get this damn thing to go into bootloader mode and nothing detects it

not qmk

not HIDbootloader

not VIA

i feel like ive literally tried everything to get this finnicky boi to reset and nothing :C

The original PCB uses Bootmapper Client.

https://drop.com/talk/1392/programming-kbd-keyboards-via-bootmapper-client-tmk-guide-getting-added-soon-here

"Reset" is the FW_JP pins iirc

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #958 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 15:12:50 »

not qmk

not HIDbootloader

not VIA

https://drop.com/talk/1392/programming-kbd-keyboards-via-bootmapper-client-tmk-guide-getting-added-soon-here

+1

my OG alice PCB is bootmapper and the pins mentioned are correct (just tested)
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline DaiLoDong

« Reply #959 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 15:24:16 »

not qmk

not HIDbootloader

not VIA

not qmk

not HIDbootloader

not VIA

+1

Thank you so much for the information gentlemen. I really appreciate the fast responses and the help!

Edit: i fkn bricked the original pcb lmfao. i resoldered on a pkb pcb and shes good ahahha. oopsie daisie...
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2020, 16:31:44 by DaiLoDong »

Offline DaiLoDong

« Reply #960 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 11:46:33 »

Flex pic #69

Very excited to finally get my hands on this grail board.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #961 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 14:44:51 »
Good job DailoDong
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Leon_TheKing

« Reply #962 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 02:10:08 »
Quick question - can I assume this board has only 40 in quantity that are ever made per GB description in the #1 post? Thanks for any insight on this.

Offline itsundone

« Reply #963 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 02:11:50 »
Quick question - can I assume this board has only 40 in quantity that are ever made per GB description in the #1 post? Thanks for any insight on this.
Probably more than 40, idk how much exactly

There are b stocks and fnf (family and friends) units

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #964 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 08:18:59 »
Has anyone taken the plate file and revised it with 0.5mm fillets in the switch cutouts (instead of the current 1.0mm fillets)? 🙏🏿

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #965 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 11:10:51 »
Has anyone taken the plate file and revised it with 0.5mm fillets in the switch cutouts (instead of the current 1.0mm fillets)? 🙏🏿

There are probably thousands of Alice-like plates made and I'm sure someone has done .5mm instead of the 1mm.

Why you ask?
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #966 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 11:12:44 »

There are probably thousands of Alice-like plates made and I'm sure someone has done .5mm instead of the 1mm.

Why you ask?

There are a lot of vendors selling plates, for sure, but most (if not all besides CBB) are using yuktsi's original plate file, and maybe just adding support for non-stepped Caps Lock. They all use the same "rounder" internal switch cutouts. Asking because I'd like to make a copper plate with the same look as yuktsi's (e.g., no "CBB" branding), but with no restriction on switch type ;)

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #967 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 11:28:33 »

Why you ask?

There are a lot of vendors selling plates, for sure, but most (if not all besides CBB) are using yuktsi's original plate file, and maybe just adding support for non-stepped Caps Lock. They all use the same "rounder" internal switch cutouts. Asking because I'd like to make a copper plate with the same look as yuktsi's (e.g., no "CBB" branding), but with no restriction on switch type ;)

Download the file and make the 0.5mm - 1mm adjustment yourself. Its quite simple.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #968 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 11:29:59 »
Has anyone taken the plate file and revised it with 0.5mm fillets in the switch cutouts (instead of the current 1.0mm fillets)?

Why you ask?

Download the file and make the 0.5mm - 1mm adjustment yourself. Its quite simple.

Never used any 3D software. If it's as easy as you say, maybe I should just do it myself.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 September 2022, 20:59:19 by toniwonkanobi »

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #969 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 16:20:20 »
Has anyone taken the plate file and revised it with 0.5mm fillets in the switch cutouts (instead of the current 1.0mm fillets)?

Why you ask?

Never used any 3D software. If it's as easy as you say, maybe I should just do it myself.

It might be simple but it'd be extremely tedious. Probably too late for you now but for you or anyone here that is interested here is an Autodesk Fusion file you can download and modify things like switch cutout and corner radius to your liking: https://a360.co/3Xh0YsC. You can of course modify anything else as you wish. It defaults to .5mm.

• If necessary sign up for and download Fusion 360
  • Open this file in Fusion 360
  • To change dimensions click Modify > Change Parameters
  • To change anything else modify the "Source" sketch
  • Export the sketch "EXPORT THIS - Plate Profile" to DXF
295309-0

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #970 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 17:14:38 »

Why you ask?

It might be simple but it'd be extremely tedious. Probably too late for you now but for you or anyone here that is interested here is an Autodesk Fusion file you can download and modify things like switch cutout and corner radius to your liking: https://a360.co/3Xh0YsC. You can of course modify anything else as you wish. It defaults to .5mm.

• If necessary sign up for and download Fusion 360
  • Open this file in Fusion 360
  • To change dimensions click Modify > Change Parameters
  • To change anything else modify the "Source" sketch
  • Export the sketch "EXPORT THIS - Plate Profile" to DXF
(Attachment Link)

Yes, I actually just resigned myself to using Cherry switches lol. But thanks for this!

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #971 on: Sat, 20 May 2023, 07:48:12 »

not qmk

not HIDbootloader

not VIA

not qmk

not HIDbootloader

not VIA

+1

Thank you so much for the information gentlemen. I really appreciate the fast responses and the help!

Edit: i fkn bricked the original pcb lmfao. i resoldered on a pkb pcb and shes good ahahha. oopsie daisie...

Apologies for resurrecting a super old thread, but I just recently acquired an OG TGR Alice PCB, and when I try to enter Bootmapper, it doesn't recognize the keyboard :/

Where on this PCB are the pins that I should short in order to reset the PCB and/or enter into Bootmapper mode? I want to flash with a via-compatible `.hex` :)

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #972 on: Sat, 20 May 2023, 11:36:00 »
Is it the ps2avrGB pcb? Try holding Q as you are plugging it in.

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #973 on: Sat, 20 May 2023, 22:21:40 »
Is it the ps2avrGB pcb? Try holding Q as you are plugging it in.

Same—no response in QMK. Holding Escape does get me some kind of interaction with QMK Toolbox, but it just keeps connecting and disconnecting. I'll just use the Mechlovin one or something. Sigh @ ancient TGR PCB lol