Author Topic: Lunar eclipse - Sunday May 15  (Read 1086 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Lunar eclipse - Sunday May 15
« on: Sun, 15 May 2022, 08:04:18 »
Looks like there will be a spectacular lunar eclipse tonight. Unfortunately we will probably have clouds and storms in my area ....

https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/total-lunar-eclipse-may16-2022/

« Last Edit: Mon, 16 May 2022, 14:11:24 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Lunar eclipse tonight
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 May 2022, 22:31:28 »
meh, I might look out the window if I remember

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 07:32:58 »
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be watching tonight. Edit: Oops. I guess I’m a day late.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 May 2022, 07:35:05 by kurplop »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 07:42:26 »
As usual, it was overcast here. It feels like whenever a great sky event is about to happen in my area, it clouds up.

I did see one of these great lunar events once, back in the mid-late-1980s.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 13:56:08 »
As usual, it was overcast here. It feels like whenever a great sky event is about to happen in my area, it clouds up.

I did see one of these great lunar events once, back in the mid-late-1980s.

Same. Raining, cloudy, overcast, and too many trees. It seemed bright beyond all those layers though.