Author Topic: Men of GH who dabble in high fashion - I need your suit-buying advice  (Read 14523 times)

Offline Spopepro

Re: Men of GH who dabble in high fashion - I need your suit-buying advice
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 17:58:59 »
That material us awesome.

Tie needs to be tighter ;) but I know what you mean about the colour. Maybe something brighter.

Yeah, after work hours. I had already undone the top button as I'm now on the way to beer.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 20:43:45 »
So I was in to get a new suit made and struck out on finding a cloth like what I had in mind (chocolate brown with sky blue chalk stripes or window panes). Then I thought about this thread, some of the suits pictured and was like "what if I go for something blue and really bold?"  Found a fabric, went all in on contrasting stitching, and had plenty of nervous time thinking "I might have gone a little too far". I typically wear very subdued clothes. This was way out of my comfort zone. Apologies for the potato pic, but I think it turned out well:
Show Image

I'm not sure about the tie... I have more options incoming. Most of my ties are patterned, which really won't work with a suit this busy. Happy with the end result generally, and many positive comments from coworkers.

If I had a pic half as incredible as this one it would be on my LinkedIn and website faster than Usain Bolt running from a cheetah.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 21:34:09 »
Or you know you could get one of these
hi.

Offline iri

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 19:25:13 »
i want to tear off my eyes
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 19:25:57 »
i want to tear off my eyes
about my suggestion? IK bro, IK
hi.