Author Topic: Poker 3 LED not functioning up to par after storage  (Read 899 times)

Offline jcoffin1981

Poker 3 LED not functioning up to par after storage
« on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 20:07:01 »
About 1 month ago I put my PK3 LED in the original boxing as I was very happy with my Leopold.   Just for something different I thought I'd dust it off.  I found the inherrent Right hand arrows were stuck in the on position, the R-Fn button was not working, and I could not with dip switching allow the caps-lock to function as the L-Fn.   Through some research I found that the L-Ctrl can work in the same manner.  I tried resetting it or remapping functions.   Besides disengaging the right handed arrows as well as the fn/caps-lock which is not functioning properly I cannot work this board properly.  There are no LED's that are working aside from these.  I think I can use these as a board without LED's, but I do like it.

As an aside this is the third time I packaged a board and it was un-boxed in less than or not not working condition.  I'm baffled, but perhaps there is a simple solution with all these dip switches or something.  I can disassemble the board if there is anything that needs further inspection.   Thank you; I really appreciate it. Maybe some warranty is still active?   I do have some skillthough...  I just don't know where to start.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline jcoffin1981

Re: Poker 3 LED not functioning up to par after storage
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 13:03:07 »
This is pretty silly.  My roommate put the keys on for me cuz I was reading his paper and have just a big tub of extra keys mixed together from different boards.  As it turns out the they were V60 keys on the Poker3 and they are both ABS keys and sort of similar looking, so not easy enough to figure out.   So the dunce cap is worn by me today.  I should have realized this when the bottom right arrow cluster was lighting up and the case was plastic.  I'm sure we've all done stupider things at some time. 
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.